I got a new idea for a supervillain team.

Badger

Basically, I was looking at the calendar at work today. And noticed someone had penciled in under the full moons for each month what their names were.

Ex. January-Wolf Moon, February-Snow Moon, etc. This got me thinking that I could create a team based off that. So, assuming whoever wrote it in was correct these would be members and the power ideas.

Wolf- werewolf most likely, fairly obvious

Snow- again fairly obvious, cold-based powers

Worm- Hmm, super-tunneler, possible duplicator (if you cut a worm in half you-re supposed to have 2 worms, right)

Pink- I am thinking overly cute little girl genius gadgeteer with a pink-obsessed theme. Alternatively, I also thought of a lateteen/early20s woman who was a child genius and pushed by her parents to rush through her education. Graduate high school at 8, college at 11, nervous breakdown at 15. And as a result having a "Peter Pan" thing going to recapture her misspent youth.

Flower- Well plant-based powers. Possibly able to act as some kind of miracle-gro for plants. You know like it happens in the cartoon. Possibly acts as some kind of comic-book radiation mutates the plant thing. The plants could then be a mobile, loyal follower of low intelligence. So possibly a summons?

Strawberry- No idea.

Thunder- Sonic based EB guy.

Green Corn- No idea. Possibly thinking of making Green Corn and Strawberry a brother/sister or husband/wife duo.

Harvest- Thinking of doing a grim Reaper rip-off. Scythe which can drain life energy from opponent (harvest life-energy:rolleyes: )

Hunter- Some ex-military guy. Expert tracker/marksman. Lots of penalty skills for aiming at long range?

Trapper- Maybe brother of Hunter. Basically gadgeteer who specializes in entangles.

Long Night- Darkness based powers is the obvious and likely choice.

I am just initially thinking on this. So anybody like this idea? Any ideas on how to improve on my ideas? I am not completely sure if this are the actual names, so I dont know for sure. If I am wrong on any, feel free to give me the correct names.

Re: I got a new idea for a supervillain team.

Pink Moon - well, you've always got the alternative of Pink. In the UK the 'pink pound' refers to the spending power of the gay community :D

Make Green Corn the plant-based power, make Flower Moon a hippy with all sorts of wacky psychedelic mind-bending powers. Strawberry is a tough one. There's always the aphrodisiac element to them, suggesting emotion control, and I cant find any other significant folklore linked to strawberries on the web other than that!

Neat ideas :) If you're going with the list you have, here's a few suggestions :)

Wolf: Instead of the obvious, make it a character that has wolf like traits and summons wolves. Kind of like a Sabertooth sorts with animal control.

Snow: I agree with the cold powers here.

Worm: I'd go with more of the Cthuhlu sort of monster here. Make it a Cthonic Worm-based character ;)

Pink: I like the idea of a gadget-based kid. Maybe look to magic-girls from anime even ;)

Flower: Definitely a plant-controller

Strawberry: Pheremones ... gotta be someone who controls through pheremones ;)

Thunder: I think I'd be more inclinded to make them a weather-based character.

Green Corn: Solomon Grundy-like plant creature.

Harvest[:/B] You mean like this?

Hunter: Like the ex-military angle ;)

Trapper: Another neat idea :)

Long Night: Maybe make it closer to Marvel's darkforce power?

Hope it helps :)

I love theme groups and this is a neat idea. When I have done such things in the past and get stuck on some of the names, I can sometimes get around it by using corruptions of the name that are close enough to work into the theme, but give me some more room to create, as it were.

Strawberry works well as a Poison Ivy-type character, but you also might consider something like Strawbury, a magically animated scarecrow that plows his victims into the ground.

Green Corn. Wow, that is just a bad name for a supervillain. Or anybody. How about Green Cairn, a character made of living jade?

For Worm you might go with Wyrm and make it a dragon-type character, although I think there are plenty of "worm" possibilities. I like the Cthulu idea, but you might also make a mentalist with psychic worms that effect telepathy and mind control.

Good luck.

"Don't name your character The Invisible Girl if in fact he is a boy."

"Long Night" reminds me of something else. Many sci-fi universes have a period of aggressive human expansion followed by a golden age, followed in turn by a factionalized period of succession wars, which in turn leads to a galactic dark age, sometimes called the "interrugnum" or . . . "The Long Night".

Maybe a combination of technology dispels and teamwork disruption powers? Communications blackouts?

Just a thought.

Zeropoint

I like a lot of these ideas. Thanks. I have been looking on the net for more information. The Trapper Moon for November seems to be wrong. The only one that isnt right at least in some tradition somewhere. It seems to be the Beaver Moon. Though beaver probably was a common animal to trap. Maybe I can keep him as an entangler, just he had some quirk about wearing things made of beaver fur.:rolleyes: Or I could give him buck teeth and essentially make him Matter-Eater Lad.:rolleyes: (ohh boy!!) Beaver like building dams, so that kind of goes back to gadgeteer, dams do catch water. So I guess that gives me a 2nd turn towards entangling. We'll see.

Zeropoint's idea on Long Night- kind of makes me think of giving him some kind of ability to be a sort of living black hole in a sense (absorb all light around him) or a walking EMP (shorting out electronics). This could be a couple powers he could use.

I also like Sketchpad's Harvester's background. If you dont mind I might use that for my guy's origin.

Other notables: Didnt think about making Worm a Cthulhu nightmare. I like it.

I had forgotten about the whole supposed strawberry-aphrodisiac thing. Strawberry as a seductress could be a good fit to the team. Didnt consider Green Corn as a plant monster. Would help give the team a brick. Though Cthulhian Worm would too I suppose.:thumbup:

I am also thought in more detail about Hunter. Might give him an ability to dectect weakness a little. To help with his choice of ammunition. Ex. "So we going up against Superman? Guess that supply of kyptonite bullets will come in handy after all" Might give him MA in case he has to fight hand to hand. (Course the "I'll swing my rifle butt around like a club" would help:D ) Maybe a skinning knife (and have a few tricks up his sleeve for use iwth it melee combat). For the detect weakness: Might be possible to give him a cybernetic eye that can helps his aiming (explains why he is such a blastedly perfect shot) and gives power reads (ala Frieza's henchmen in DBZ,)

If anybody has a good idea for Beaver. Would be helpful.

Also I guess I havent thought out a good team name either. The Order of the (Full) Moon is all I got so far. And well doesnt seem too good to me.

I also like to have a reason for a team's team up, So If anybody has ideas on that. Would be appreciated too.

Nice idea.

My own suggestions:

Wolf- Brutal HtH fighter with animal control powers and tactical skill

Snow- Cold and wind controler

Worm- Insect controller with some sort of fear projection

Pink- Mind controller using love and lust, lots of contacts, keeps the rest of the team out of jail through her influence over local judges and political types

Flower- Living plant woman with a range of fairly direct attacks and shape changing, Swamp Thing tribute

Strawberry- Blood controller, her kills are marked by a strawbery pattern of red marks on her victims. Can also heal.

Thunder- Brick and limited Storm God

Green Corn- All sorts of botanical alchemy, poisons, drugs.

Harvest- Creator and transformer. Plant based entangles and force walls, general plant control.

Hunter- Another specialized combatant, probably ranged. Bow and arrow, thrown knives, stealth. Very personally formidable but lacks the range of special powers held by the others.

Trapper- Tricks and traps with a mystic bent, illusions and disguises.

Long Night- Sleep, dreams, death and darkness, rarely speaks and then only in a whisper. Travels in dreams (XDM or T-Port, Mindscan, Telepathy, Mental Illusions only on sleeping target, some sort of targetting sense to T-Port to place where target is sleeping)

I also like to have a reason for a team's team up' date=' So If anybody has ideas on that. Would be appreciated too.[/quote']

I got two:

Genetic experiments that were originally tied into a moon-phase research group. The remaining team are all that's left and they went Weapon X on the lab that created them, blaming people in general for their current state.

International lunar research team that were involved in an accident that transformed them into what they are now after being bombarded with cosmic rays. Crashing on Earth, they discovered their present state and, blaming world governments for their lack of saftey, have become villains akin to Eurostar ;) Sure, it's a bit cliched, but it works ;)

Strawberries are high in anti-oxidents which counter free radicals in the body. Free radicals are when there aren't enough electrons in an atom so they steal from other atoms, who in turn steal from others, and so on. Since strawberries counter this, they must have extra electrons which means electricity! So you can justify giving Strawberry moon electric powers, ranged healing (a healing lightning bolt), and other purifing powers. It may not be so suited to a villain, but this would be effective against heroes/police who use tear gas, smoke, etc.