Equipment

Napalm

When you build yer heroic character - do you buy his equipment with the character points?

Or do you purchase them with money?

Also with equipment upgrades (such as finding weapons and the like) - do you have to spend character points to 'buy' a new weapon such as a

magic/enchanted weapon?

Suggestions/Flames?

Re: Equipment

No in a Heroic level campaign you do not but normal weapons or equipment with cp but usually any magical or special weapons are usually baught with cp. That is upto the GM and the feel of your campaign itself.

I myself like to usually go that any magical item you want to begin the game with you have to pay points for and it is not independent so you cannot really loose it unless you take the independent advantage yourself for the item. After all magic items are not paid for and all ave independent in the lims. I would lets some one buy a mafic item with out ind. lim. if they wanted too but then they would have to pay the points from their experience.

Well that is my take on it anyway.

Normal stuff is usually bought with money, like the wolf said.

Magic stuff depends on your GM. Some say pay with points some say pay with money.

Usually the special shiny bits that a character starts with or that make a character unique are paid for with points.

I personaly charge for any special equipment, but at a discounted price, the price I charge is the special equipment minus the normal cost of an item

So a Enchanted sword you are only paying for the enchantment, not the sword...

In my heroic campaigns, paying points for equipment is usually the way to get it without having to go through the usual means of adventuring and setting limitations. The equipment still requires GM permission, but it means I as GM might come up with some relatively miraculous method by which the equipment falls into the character's lap (your merchant uncle Farsh just expired, and willed to you this old but epensive-looking tabbard; you unpacked it in the light of the full moon last night and noticed that it almost seemed to glow...) rather than the character having to travel to the land of Hibberjarba and raid the horde of the terrible Gerortal to obtain it. That kind of thing.

That doesn't mean the equipment has to be magical or somehow special. It might just be mundane, but there is no normal means for the character to obtain it in the current circumstances.

Mostly the GM decides how to buy equipment.

I prefer the money / logical way. I coose the tnigs, that my char gonna have to and the GM has to approve ore cut things out.

A barbarian from the northern lands / background farmer usually dont have any magic items from the beginning in a classical fantasy setting. Neither most of the non magicians have some. But you can find magic items all over the world and in the stomachs of goblins *g*

Wulfi after 14 H of working