Another character idea, I need help for.

Badger

Well thanks to putting down one of my CD cases upside down. And seeing title upside down and backwards I got an idea.

Rennis (spell it backwards;) )

Generally I am thinking possibly a demon, or some other kind of malevolent entity. What are your ideas?

Re: Another character idea, I need help for.

Rennis (spell it backwards;) )

Generally I am thinking possibly a demon, or some other kind of malevolent entity. What are your ideas?

There is a very interesting character idea using that name in Simon R. Green's "Agents of Light and Darkness".

Well if someone is going to take a name that is an anagram of sinner, then my guess is that he perceives himself as one. So you could have a hero that is atoning for past crimes, or you could have someone who knows what he does is evil but for whatever reason cannot stop.

The former case could be part of lots of backgrounds; the vigilante who accidentally kills the wrong guy and so takes on a Code vs. Killing for instance. For the latter, you might have something like a psychic vampire that must feed off of other people's life energy or die himself. If you want to go with the demon motif, you might make him the half-human offspring of a demon that is constantly trying to reign in his evil impulses, but only sometimes succeeding.

"Trumpy, you can do magic things!"

"Its called evil kid."

from the Pod People

Generally I am thinking possibly a demon' date=' or some other kind of malevolent entity. What are your ideas?[/quote']

Just wanted to make sure. This is a "Hero?" I mean I wasn't sure if you were going for a possible Bad Guy NPC, aid to the Hero, ect.

Just wanted to make sure. This is a "Hero?" I mean I wasn't sure if you were going for a possible Bad Guy NPC' date=' aid to the Hero, ect.[/quote']

ooh, sorry. I was thinking (orignally) as NPC villain. But given some ideas so far, I could always try a NPC hero atoning go at it.

To me it's a little too obvious. Perhaps R(oy) Ennis to avoid the "Batman" syndrome:

"Aha! You foul fiend! I knew you were a demon all along the moment i saw your name reflected backwards on that mirror!"

Combining this with a couple of other ideas, I came up with the following:

Comic book fan Jake Armstrong awoke one morning to find that he had superpowers. Setting out to be a true Golden/Silver Age hero much like those of his favorite comic book writer Roy Thomas, he donned a flashy spandex costume and took to the streets as Mr. Wonderful. Unfortunately, being a superhero was not as easy as in the comics. After wrecklessly barging into a hostage situation that left 3 hostages and a fellow superhero dead, he discovered that real world superheroing was much more akin to a Garth Ennis comic. With Mr. Wonderful (and Jake himself since he hadn't done as much as he should to protect his secret identity) wanted for manslaughter, Jake hung up the flashy cape and tights in favor of a trench coat, fedora, and full face mask. Adopting the superhero name Rennis (as an anagram for "sinner") and the new civilian identity Roy Ennis (not only did its Batmanesque style appeal to the comic book fan in him, but it would also serve to remind him of the two sides of the superhero coin), he set out to attone for his mistakes.