Your Retired Champions Character Needed

Super Squirrel

The Chester School for Teens is seeking applicants for a new teaching position. CST is a private school based out of Sacramento, CA. With a sponsorship with the local police force, the school is adding a secret, superhuman educational program. The school features approximately 40 faculty and 800 students.

The new Superhero Educational Program is a program designed to help teenagers with super powers develop their powers properly and responsibily to become world class superheroes. To facilitate this, the school needs retired superheroes to teach these classes.

I'm going to be starting a Teen Champions game in the near future. For this game, I need to have about two or three teachers that are also retired superheroes. Because I haven't thought at all about the teaches for the school, I thought it might be nice to give other people out there a chance to get their retired character used again in the Champion Universe.

The application process is a bit strict however.

1. All applicants must adhere to a strict Secret Identity policy. The application process will inevitably reveal their secret identity to the CST Headmaster. Other than the CST Headmaster no one is to know the Secret ID. The students will assume, correctly, that one of the faculty is the superhuman and may attempt to try and "figure out" who you are. The school is prepared for this.

2. All applicants will be responsible for one school subject material in addition to the superhuman training program. Unfortunately, while there will be a special gym class for the superhuman students, the current gym teacher is quite happy with his position and has no interest in retiring anytime soon.

3. The police department, who is sponsoring the program, will be using three or four students from the program to form a superhero team in the Sacramento area. During the first two or three missions, the police department insists that one of the superhero teachers be present to observe and intervene if necessary. For this reason, all applicants must be willing to step in and fight crime in case an emergency arises. However, we are hopeful such an event will not happen.

4. All applicants will be expected to discuss their powers and weaknesses fully in the course of the class. If you have a secret weakness to a substance you do not want a group of responsible teenagers knowing, you would be best not to apply.

Re: Your Retired Champions Character Needed

Surge

Secret ID: Chris Randall.

Surge disappeared from the public eye a number of years ago. His powers had gone a little strange due to an exposure to odd cross dimensional energy. He has since got them under control, but is looking for a way to help the community without being a full blown superhero.

He is a very competant martial artist, and his passion is history - notably eastern history, but he loves it all, and had completed a Master's Degree in history before he became a superhero.

His powers are the abilities of a "proto god". He has all life support but breathing, eating and sleep. He has defences that are near campaign limit - but some of that is 1/2 damage reduction so wherever that fits He has a bit of power D (10) and some Mental defence (about 10 - his fiance is a mentalist). He also has a Cosmic Power Pool - in the actual game it was at 50 when I retired him. He normally used it for special abilities out of combat (rebuilding buildings after a superfight, healing, that sort of thing), and in combat would add to his martial arts (HA's or AVLD damage shields ect), movement, or extra defence, and sometimes NNDs and things. His main mode of combat was his Martial Arts with enhancements.

For your use, the pool would be great for training, to help them prepare for different kind of attacks/attackers. He has a strong martial arts background and some tactics training for help in training the team, and obviously teaches history.

How much info are you looking for about them? Full' date=' formal app's, or basics that can be build on?[/quote']

Honestly, I don't need a full write-up for the retired character at this time. Just the basic information. I would want to know the powerer, the identity, what class he/she would want to teach outside of the superhuman class. Maybe where he/she is from and what is known about them in the world.

I will need full write-ups eventually.

So . . . are you looking for players' date=' or just their characters?[/quote']

This is a FTF game. I figured someone out there has a character they played that was either retired or the game folded and could get sort of recycled. :)

I would be NPCing the character from time to time.

Surge

Secret ID: Chris Randall.

Surge disappeared from the public eye a number of years ago. His powers had gone a little strange due to an exposure to odd cross dimensional energy. He has since got them under control, but is looking for a way to help the community without being a full blown superhero.

He is a very competant martial artist, and his passion is history - notably eastern history, but he loves it all, and had completed a Master's Degree in history before he became a superhero.

His powers are the abilities of a "proto god". He has all life support but breathing, eating and sleep. He has defences that are near campaign limit - but some of that is 1/2 damage reduction so wherever that fits He has a bit of power D (10) and some Mental defence (about 10 - his fiance is a mentalist). He also has a Cosmic Power Pool - in the actual game it was at 50 when I retired him. He normally used it for special abilities out of combat (rebuilding buildings after a superfight, healing, that sort of thing), and in combat would add to his martial arts (HA's or AVLD damage shields ect), movement, or extra defence, and sometimes NNDs and things. His main mode of combat was his Martial Arts with enhancements.

For your use, the pool would be great for training, to help them prepare for different kind of attacks/attackers. He has a strong martial arts background and some tactics training for help in training the team, and obviously teaches history.

Thank you very much. I want to see what else I get but so far I like my first "application" :)

Springheel Jack

Concept: Detective/Martial Artist Nationality: British

Hair/Eye Color: None/Blue Place of Birth: Nottingham, England

Height/Mass: 1.86 meters/103 kilograms Date of Birth: February 14, 1960

Background Information: Jack Dunstan always seemed to land on his feet. Even when his plans of being a world-class footballer were ended by the revelation that his metagene was likely the cause of his outstanding sports performance in public school, Dunstan still came out on top. His powers, a combination of pyrokinesis and heightened physical abilities, manifested shortly thereafter, and with his good looks and charisma, he became a media darling almost overnight. He was bright, bold, brash, a hit with the ladies, and always good for a quote; he was Jumping Jack Flash, baby, and life was a gas.

While nominally a crimefighter, Jack gained a reputation for causing more trouble than he solved. He could be found in clubs more often than he could be found on patrol, and grabbed the front pages of many tabloids by sending a series of rude gestures and the sight of his bare behind towards Buckingham Palace one brisk October morning in 1979. (No one, including Jack, seems to remember what prompted the display. The Royal Family was spending the weekend at Windsor Castle.)

Over time, Jack found himself surrounded by a group of hangers-on who professed to be his friends, who were willing to provide him with, drinks, drugs, places to stay, all in exchange for his company and the chance to be close to a ‘superhero’. And shortly after his escapades in front of the Royal Palace, Jack found out just how few friends he had.

To this day, no one knows who attacked Jack, where, or even how. Police called to investigate a fire burning in an East End alleyway the eve of Guy Fawkes Day found the smoldering body of Jumping Jack Flash; apparently the hero, drunk or high (or both), had been waylaid at some other location, severely beaten, and then dumped in the alley. His assailants then doused him with a flammable liquid and set him alight; unconscious, his powers did nothing to help him, and he suffered third degree burns over almost a third of his body, including his shoulders, neck, and most of his head and face. His injuries would have killed a normal man; the damage, however, was impossible to reconstruct – Jack would remain horribly scarred for the rest of his life. In addition, his pyrokinetic powers had vanished (testing would later reveal that he still possessed the potential to use those abilities, and that the trauma of the fire had instilled a psychosomatic block that Jack has yet to overcome).

Some men might have become bitter, or suicidal, or turned to a life of villainy. For Jack, however, the experience seemed to affect a sea change upon him. The young man immersed himself in studies neglected even before leaving public school, and, upon his release from hospital, journeyed to France to study savate, a martial art he thought would work well with his remaining enhanced abilities.

After three years in Paris, Jack had gathered a storehouse of knowledge and crafted a persona and some basic equipment to begin crime fighting in earnest. He returned to London, quickly disappearing into the city and operating from a series of abandoned buildings. In the early years, Jack supported himself both through confiscating a portion of money and equipment from the criminals he helped defeat, and through the continued goodwill of immigrant shopkeepers, a class of people he found to be unprotected in the early years of the Thatcher government. The driven, determined young hero conducted a crusade against the London underworld as Springheel Jack (based around the legendary Victorian-era London phantom of the same name), first battling gangsters of all stripes, and later coming into conflict with odder foes, like the vampiric Ravens of the Tower, Albert the Clockwork Man, the Monster Maker and his Werewolves of London, and the maniacal “Saucy Jack†MacHeath. He’s served as something of a mentor to more than one English crimefighter, and has been through two sidekicks/partners in his two decades of crimefighting. (Both have since retired – The Churchwarden to study for Anglican priesthood, and the burly, bearded, sword-wielding Lamorak to, of all things, become a florist.)

The quiet, constantly masked, mysterious vigilante with the piercing blue eyes quickly became a constant focus for rumors, both in the underworld and the tabloid press. The rumors ranged from such topics as to who actually caused Jack’s disfigurement, whether Springheel Jack was actually the same hero that had been Jumping Jack Flash, whether the hero was even disfigured at all, whether he and a mysterious villainess were an “itemâ€, etc.

The most persistent rumor by far has concerned Jack’s record as a crime fighter – there were those who said he had left a trail of dead and broken men during his battles through the London underworld; that he was an assassin for the police, a rival crime family - perhaps the Royal Family; even that he was an organization of masked viglantes, rather than just one man. Of course, a small amount of research on the matter would have shown the absurdity of such notions, but the rumors continued. The legend of the mysterious and ruthless Springheel Jack, either as joke or in deadly earnest, went with criminals and the tabloids to prison and throughout Europe, where Jack became something of a Boogeyman amongst the criminal set. Jack, for his part, did nothing to quash the rumors, simply viewing them as another tool in his fight against the underworld.

It’s been two decades since Jack was reborn in fire. His continuing work against the evil that men do has made him one of the world’s greatest detectives, and his mutant physiology means that he won’t be stopping any time soon. Friends, foes, colleagues, and lovers have passed through his life and gone, sometimes with the normal passage of life, sometimes with violence and pain. Still, he has few regrets, and most of them go back to the man he was, and why it took the death of that man to become the man he is. And as ever, the day slips into night, the shadows call, and his battle continues…

Quote: "Good evening, gentlemen. Shall we do this the easy way, or the usual?"

Personality/Motivation: As far as Jack Dunstan is concerned, he became a new man on the night he was attacked and disfigured. Where the old Jack was always looking to be the center of attention, the new Jack prefers to retreat to the shadows until his help is needed. The old Jack was just this side of amoral – mad, bad, and dangerous to know; the new Jack is takes care to be polite to everyone, even his opponents (at first, anyway), and has a highly-developed sense of morality, and an appreciation of the attendant complications of a moral philosophy. The old was charismatic, but shallow; the new quiet, but possessed of an inner strength that one can’t help but notice it. The old was self-centered, using the trappings of super-hero only for what they could get him; the new considers the majority of his life a waste, and has worked as hard as he can to make up for those wasted years. (Contrary to popular rumor, Jack is no longer bothered by the sight of his own face. He remains masked simply because he knows that his appearance disturbs others.)

Unlike other avengers of the night, Jack does not actively discourage younger crimefighters, or treat London as “his†town. He understands both the urgent need to fight evil, and the limitations of a lone man facing down an entire city’s worth of crime. However, he also understands the risks of the vigilante life, and will spell them out to would-be dark knights even as he helps them try to survive their time in the business.

Appearance: Jack Dunstan is a very fit man in his early 40s with piercing ice blue eyes. His burns have left most of his upper body, including his scalp and face, a mass of scar tissue, with the exception of his right shoulder and some of the lower right side of his face. Because of this, he wears a mask that drapes over his entire head and shoulders, fastening inside his other clothing, leaving only his eyes showing. Jack is rarely “out-of-costumeâ€; the only time you’ll catch him out of his usual neo-Victorian ensemble (tailcoat, waistcoat, trousers, cravat, dress boots, gloves, top hat, cloak and cane) is either during purely athletic workouts or when more formal wear, such as a tuxedo, is called for.

Powers: While Jack once had a number of pyrokinetic powers at his disposal, he now relies on his heightened physical abilities and over two decades of intense martial arts and investigative training in his role as scourge of London's underworld. He also makes use of a few gadgets developed over the years – his armor, originally bulkier, was first replaced by material taken from criminals during his career, then his equipment was overhauled by a rich benefactor in the early 90s; the jeweled knob that provides his Flash power was also added to his savateur’s cane by a friendly camera shop owner who served as something as an assistant to Jack several years ago.

While Jack has been blocked from the use of his pyrokinetic abilities (save for his immunity from extreme heat), the potential for their use is still locked within his genes, which means he suffers the attendant penalties for them, taking extra damage from cold-based attacks. As well, the same psychosomatic block that keeps Jack from using his flame powers also causes Jack to take extra damage from fire-based attacks.

I've got a retired character who would fit nicely in a school setting, but someone else in the Champs Universe has the codename "Tempest". Of course, mine was in a Golden Age game (she didn't find out about her immortality before the game ended), so I guess you could call her "Tempest I" if it mattered.

I don't know if I still have her sheet, she was two computers ago, but I can probably reconstruct it. Basic outline: she's the younger daughter of an Earl, who managed to get her parents into allowing her to study history and archaeology at Oxford instead of being shipped off to a finishing school like her older sister. She was helping one of her tutors clean and catalog items from a dig in the Middle East when she noticed a Sumerian inscription on one of them, read it out loud, and was transformed into Tempest, with powers over air.

For this game, she could either be the school librarian or a language instructor (hard to justify Sumerian or Ancient Egyptian in a high school, but Latin or Greek should work). She's a British citizen, but I think she should be able to work in the States.

Some of these may be useful to you:

http://karmakaze.schtuff.com/

Otherwise there's Bolt.

Codename: Bolt

Civilian ID: Heather Duschene

Powers: Bolt manipulates electricity. She can change to an energy form, and, in that form, pass along (or through) any conductive substance at significant speed. She can fling energy bolts, although only so many as a time, as they are part of her energy form. She can also sense electromagnetic fields, primarily in electronic devices, but at close range, also the bioelectric fields put off by human beings.

History: While working on her bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Heather was exposed to a mutagen let loose on the college campus. The villain group that had arranged for this kidnapped any student showing unusual abilities. In the course of escaping/being rescued, she wound up joining a local hero team and picked up the codename Bolt. She was moderately successful as a hero, until she accidentally killed an opponent (what should have been a stunning shock stopped his heart). She ran some more detailed tests on her powers and eventually decided that they were too potentially lethal for her to continue crimefighting. She still remained "on call" for major crises or disaster relief, but mostly walked away. She went back to get her Masters, and then Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.

Class Subjects: Ms Duschene can teach Electronics, Mathematics, or Physics.

Superhero "Spotting": While Bolt prefers not to directly confront criminals, she is willing to do so if necessary. She will, as much as possible, use indirect means (shooting guns out of hands, melting tires, etc.) She is a big believer in civic responsibility. One of her common quotes is "You'd be amazed how many ways there are to do good in the world that don't involve hitting people."

---

I played Bolt as a character. The body count was actually a bit higher. It just turned out that way through luck of the dice and some unfortunate circumstances. With her total CvK, I decided that she quit superheroing when the campaign ended. We played another game in the same setting, set twenty years in the future and I occasionally NPC'd "Professor Duschene" for the GM.

Ironclad (originally from a non-CU game; Ironclad II if the guy from the Champions is around)

Secret ID: Denise O'Neil

Note that'd turn up fast in the background check: Former supervillain, not hero. Has reformed.

Former Affiliation: Mutant Ascension Revolutionary Soldiery (MARS, not her name for the group)

Brief Description: Ex-member of the Brotherhood; a mutant who was largely mind-controlled into supervillainy.

Class Areas: (Non-Super) Shop (Super) Ethics and Social Dynamics. Alternately, super-tech.

Background: Denise O'Neil got her start as a worker in a steel mill. It was a comfortable job that paid well. As one of the only women working there, she faced some harrassment, particularly from her boss, but she never called anybody on it, instead letting her irritation build up.

One day, a Doctor Murdoch paid the foundry a visit, looking to sign a contract for his company's steel needs. He was unusual, though he clearly didn't know anything about a foundry. As he and Denise's boss talked, Denise started to get the feeling that he was talking to her, not her boss... and what he was saying made perfect sense. She'd known she was a mutant for years, but never really taken advantage of it. At the Doctor's urging, she finally did, using her ability to control metal to waste most of the foundry, and the people who'd given her trouble before. Having done this, she joined MARS as the Doctor's second in command.

She developed the Ironclad persona as a way of making used of her 'magnetokinetic' powers. She would rip the metal out of various cars in the area and use it to build a large suit of armor which she would then use in battle. She never bothered with much in the way of tactics; hitting things with giant metal fists usually did the job. She obeyed the Doctor completely as he continued his pro-mutant crusade. The two of them even married, and she was about to have his son when they were attacked by his various enemies, seeking to kill all three of them. While his enemies were exposed and many of them killed, Doctor Murdoch was killed as well, and MARS captured.

It turned out, after a great deal of time to sort things out, that Doctor Murdoch had telepathically conditioned most of them to do what they did. Denise in particular had been under constant mental control from day one; he had redirected her anger at being harrassed and thought less of into a more 'practical' area, and after he died she gradually began to realize what she had done. (Game terms: Transform to grant targets variants on Believes in Mutant Superiority or Loyal to Doctor Murdoch.)

She spent a brief period of time in jail for her crimes, longer in therapy and on parole. She passed her time getting herself certified to work as a mechanic, and in ethics/philosophy courses that her therapist recommended to help her get over the long-term effects of Doctor Murdoch's mind control. Once she was out, and no longer on parole, she moved out to Sacramento and began a career as a superhero, though she has since decided to do something else to try and make up for her former career as a supervillain.

She is applying to the Chester School for Teens, hoping to use her unusual perspective to give young supers a comprehensive view of superhuman ethics, and to teach them that yes, reformation is possible for supervillains.

Alternately, she has a reasonable understanding of how most mechanical devices work, and would be willing to help out in that field, as well as working as a shop teacher in the regular school.

Just a question here, are you open to using characters that are changed to fit your rules.

Also are you open to characters that were never retired because it is next to impossible to find a GM to even start.

I'll undoubtably have to make some changes to the characters to fit my campaign. Don't worry about making the changes itself. I'd rather honor the character as close to the original as possible.

My very first Champions character, circa 1981.

Captain Photon

Secret ID: Alan Jeffries

Origin: As a laboratory assistant, Alan was transporting several containers of "liquid light" -- hydrogen that had mysteriously taken photons along with electrons in its orbit, despite scientific arguments that this is impossible -- when the wooden ramp he was on collapsed, exposing himself, a colleague, and the homeless man sleeping underneath (and who had caused the original damage making the collapse possible) to an explosion of the stuff. While the colleague seemed unharmed, Alan gained impressive light-control powers... while the homeless man became Wall, a nigh-mindless behemoth of concrete-like appearance and the ability to absorb Alan's powers and convert them into both incredible strength and incredible rage. With a little help from his paraplegic wife, Alice, Alan fashioned a costume for himself and became Captain Photon.

Powers: Captain Photon has the essential, basic powers of a light-controlling energy projector, with the added property that his light often takes on physical form. Thus he can emit powerful blasts of light from his hands, send light through his legs to propel himself through the air, create a force field around himself, and create similar effects. The light doesn't necessarily have to be corporeal, either; he can also create blinding flashes or a simple laser, or just light up a room. (These were built as a Multipower about half again the campaign limit for Active Points, with each power as a variable slot about 10 points less than the campaign limit.)

Weakness: Captain Photon has a publicly-known susceptibility to "projected darkness," specifically that created by magic or by anti-photons. Not only do his powers not work in a field of projected darkness, but he's subject to intense pain. Fortunately the phenomenon is relatively rare; the only one of Captain Photon's regular enemies who ever used it was Dr. Jonathan Dark, and his targeted enemy was actually Alan Jeffries.

Personality: Alan Jeffries read too many comic books as a kid. He also reads too many comic books now. While he fully understands the difference between drama and reality, he's given to cheesily melodramatic statements and over-the-top actions. He's much less prone to such things than he was when he started, but it still happens. (Nonetheless, his courage and willingness to help those in need have earned him respect. He's a comical hero, but he's still a hero.)

Teaching: Alan Jeffries has a Master's degree in Physics, and specializes in subatomic particles. He would be a science teacher at the school, with a tactical emphasis on how to note and exploit an enemy's physical weaknesses.

This is one of the characters I wrote up for my Venture Institute campaign. He doesn't really meet most of the criteria, but as long as I have him already written up....

Frey Arbeit

Player: NPC

Val Char Cost

40 STR 10

24 DEX 42

15 CON 10

13 BODY 6

10 INT 0

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

10 COM 0

8/18 PD 4

8/18 ED 5

5 SPD 16

7 REC 0

30 END 0

31 STUN 0

12" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

12" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 100

Cost Power

9 "Release Safeties": +20 STR (20 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (3d6 STUN; -1/2), Cybernetic Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)

10 Cybernetic Legs: Running +6" (12" total) (12 Active Points); Cybernetic Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)

3 Cybernetic Legs II: Leaping +4" (12" forward, 6" upward) (4 Active Points); Cybernetic Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)

21 Armored Limbs: Armor (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Activation Roll 12- (-3/4)

2 Heavy: Knockback Resistance -1"

12 Hands of Steel: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR) (15 Active Points); Cybernetics Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)

Powers Cost: 57

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

4 Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 50 STR / 10 STR to Disarm

4 Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Joint Lock: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 50 STR / 10 STR for holding on

5 Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 12d6 / 4d6 Strike

3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 9d6 / 1d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 10d6 / 2d6 Strike

4 Tien-hsueh Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND

4 Weapon Element: Chain & Rope Weapons, Clubs, Empty Hand, Karate Weapons, Off Hand

Martial Arts Cost: 35

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 14-

2 AK: Germany 11-

2 CK: Dusseldorf 11-

2 CK: Minneapolis 11-

5 Defense Maneuver I-II

4 KS: Kung Fu 13-

2 KS: Martial Arts 11-

2 KS: The Martial World 11-

2 KS: The Superhuman World 11-

2 KS: Venture Institute 11-

3 Language: English (completely fluent)

0 Language: German (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

4 PS: Instructor 13-

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

3 Tactics 11-

3 Teamwork 14-

4 WF: Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons

6 +2 with Kung Fu

Skills Cost: 54

Cost Perk

2 Fringe Benefit: Accredited Instructor, Black Belt

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

1 Fringe Benefit: Security Clearance: US Federal

Perks Cost: 4

Total Character Cost: 250

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: Obvious/Exposed Cybernetic Parts (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Hunted: Bulwark 8- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: US Government 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

10 Physical Limitation: Glitchy Cybernetic Parts (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

5 Physical Limitation: Permanently Altered by Intrusive Cybernetics (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Physical Limitation: Sinks Like a Stone (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Students (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Kill (Common, Total)

5 Reputation: Has-been Superhero, 8-

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Electro-Magnetic attacks (Common)

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY Electro-Magnetic attacks (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

APPEARANCE

Hair Color: Blond

Eye Color: Blue

Height: 1.86 m

Weight: 137.00 kg

Description: Frey is a tall blond man with beefy features, and ruddy skin. His arms and legs are obviously cybernetic replacements, with a stainless steel coating. He likes to wear shorts and muscle shirts, but is fully capable of dressing up when the occasion calls for it.

BACKGROUND

Frey Arbeit might only be ten years old, but he knew an unfair situation when he saw it. He was the best player on the team; why wasn't he on the field?

"But Hans has asthma, and Dietrich is lame! We'll lose if they play!"

The gymnasium league soccer coach shrugged. "It is their turn to play, Herr Arbeit. Everybody gets a turn. Those are the rules."

"The rules are foolish, then! Only the best players should be allowed on the field! Losers like them should go do something else and stop dragging us down."

"Perhaps. But this game isn't about winning. It's about teamwork. See, Hans and Dietrich are doing their very best to support their teammates."

Frey watched angrily. Yes, the unathletic boys were passing and providing cover for the others as best they could. But it just wasn't good enough. His team went down to defeat, after the substantial lead he'd gained for them in the first half of the game. Frey knew that he was the best player they had, but as long as there were fools like those on the team, his rightful victories would be stolen from him.

He wasted no time telling them this.

"Lay off, Frey," insisted another player. "You're always so high and mighty, but with that attitude, it's no wonder the coach won't let you be captain."

"You sicken me! All of you! You're nothing but handicaps!"

It was not a surprise that the resulting brawl got Frey kicked off the team.

"Perhaps you might find an individual sport for Frey, Frau Arbeit," suggested the coach. "Something where his inability to share doesn't hurt him so badly."

Frey's mother sighed. Ever since the boy's father had died, he'd been getting harder to control. And he had such a hard time getting along with others. Perhaps--she'd heard that martial arts could help a boy learn discipline.

Some years later, Frey Arbeit was the All-Dusseldorf Amateur Kung Fu Champion. A pretty amazing feat at his age, and he was looking forward to competing against other regional champions to represent Germany in the World Championship. Which is why he was appalled when he was told he wouldn't be in the next competition.

"I'm the best fighter in this dojo, Master Quan, and you know it! Why is Anna being sent to the regionals, and not me?"

The martial arts instructor stroked his chin and took a sip of tea. "Frey, you are being too anxious. While it is true that your physical skills are matchless, you haven't yet mastered the mental discipline necessary to be a true master of kung fu. You think far too highly of yourself, and will not cooperate with the other students so that all of you may grow. A few more years, and you may be ready for the big time."

"I don't have anything to learn from the other students. They can only hold me back. And if you can't see that, maybe you're holding me back, too!" With that, Frey stormed from the dojo.

Later, Frey made up with Master Quan. But still, he needed some way to show his superiority, to demonstrate that he was better than anyone else. Wait, that news report, of a masked man saving Berlin from danger....

Some time later, Frey, in his guise as Dusseldorf's costumed protector Zyklon, smashed his fist into the nose of a Tarot agent. "Ha! That makes twenty-one. Beat that!"

He looked around to see that all the Tarot agents were on the ground or otherwise incapacitated, and the Dawnstars were beginning to clean up the mess.

"That was pretty impressive," said Medusa, the visiting team's leader. "The Dawnstars could use someone like you. Like to join?"

Zyklon snorted. "No. You would only hold me back. I work *alone*." He bounded off, ignoring Eternity's comment on his arrogance. He knew full well that his superiority often irritated the less competent.

A few blocks away, his car stood ready, Peter at the wheel. "Good job, Zyklon. But 'I work alone'? When you have a good partner like me?"

Zyklon frowned. "You are not my partner. You are my *employee*, because I need someone to handle the tedious chores of driving and listening to the police scanners. Kindly refrain from giving yourself airs. Now, I believe that I have an appointment with the mayor."

Some months later, Zyklon returned from a particularly difficult battle to find Peter outside the car, apparently drinking on duty.

"I hope for your sake that's not alcohol, Peter. I've had a rough day, and I'd prefer to get back home in one piece. I swear, it's almost as if they knew I was coming."

Peter smirked, then wiped his mouth with a sleeve. "Well, Herr Zyklon, that would be because I *told* them you were coming. I wanted them to soften you up a bit for me."

"You traitor! Don't I pay you enough?"

"Oh, you paid all right. In money. But you wouldn't give me any respect." Peter's body seemed to grow, his shirt ripping as his torso piled on muscle. "I was just a lackey to you. Well, all that's changed now. No longer am I puny Peter Weiss. Now, there is only Struwwelpeter!"

Frey woke up in the hospital missing his arms and legs. How could he have failed so badly? Wasn't he superior to everyone else?

There were many dark and miserable days as Frey recovered, learning to hate his physical therapist, and wallowing in self-pity. He excorciated himself for being so arrogant and unfeeling.

Then one night, there was a shadowy presence in Frey's hospital room. "How would you like to be able to get out of this bed and walk again?"

Frey nearly jumped. "That sounds very tempting, but I'm betting there's a price."

"Very astute of you. I represent a corporation that wants to try out some new cybernetic protheses. You would need to agree to let us use you in our advertising. Assuming, of course, that the operation is a success."

Frey thought it over. He really needed to be able to walk again. "Yes."

Still later, after a fervent apology to the Dawnstars, Frey was able to get them to track down Struwwelpeter, and he was able to give his ex-employee the antidote to the serum that had turned him into a raging monster.

"The offer still stands," said Medusa.

"No, now I would only hold your team back. The new limbs aren't quite perfect yet."

Indeed, the cybernetics needed frequent repairs and upgrades. While one of these was being performed at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, Frey was approached by the Venture Institute, which needed a physical education teacher. Frey hopes to make good in his new position.

POWERS/TACTICS

Prior to his maiming, Zyklon was one of the world's best martial artists, with nearly superhuman speed and reflexes. The replacement limbs, while impressive, can't quite match his former prowess. Frey wears a specal brace that allows him to use the limbs without ripping himself apart, but at higher levels of power, it creates enormous strain on his body.

Frey uses his armored limbs to block, and waits for a good opening to apply his considerable punching and kicking power.

PERSONALITY/MOTIVATION

Prior to his maiming, Frey was an arrogant jerk who believed that he was better than everyone else,and only acted as a superhero to prove it. Subsequently, he has learned humility, and the desire to help others achieve their full potential. This does not, however, mean that he's "gone soft." He has little patience for slackers and lazy people

CAMPAIGN USE: Frey is a living example of the dangers of arrogance, and may be able to empathize with loner types. Perhaps he could be a German teacher instead of phy ed. To make him more powerful, give him an Area Effect Hand-to-Hand Attack to represent his "Whirlwind Strike", relearned from his salad days.

OK, there was Critter.

He was an electricity-based Energy Blaster, Flight, force field with damage shield, a multipower of EB with different advantages. He wore a Black-and- Gold cowboy outfit, and used the nom de guerre Stormrider.

He could teach Physics and/or Earth Sciences, or American History.

But he also has multiple personalities, with multiforms and multiple power suites.

Randy is a high-def brick, who likes to do Move-throughs and is somewhat nearsighted.

Roy is a high-strung neurotic mentalist, always on the verge of a panic attack.

Clay is a ninja-thief Martial artist / scout, heavly skill driven.

At the time I stopped playing him, Stormrider still did not know about the others (but his teammates had seen Randy on more than one occasion, and been rescued by Clay once). The other three have full access to Sormrider's memories, but not vice versa.

If the I could get the following character sheets it would be greatly appreciated:

Surge

Ironclad II

Captain Photon

Tempest (if you can get the sheet)

I'm not sure if I'll use all four or only two or three of the list but all four are still in the running.

Thank you everyone that submitted ideas. I really appreciate it.

If the I could get the following character sheets it would be greatly appreciated:

Surge

The only copy of him I have is on paper, it will be a few days before I can enter him into Hero Designer -

Do you want the stats posted in the thread, with a link to the HD file, or just IM the HD file or something else?

I'd like an .hdc file preferably in Version 3.

I can't start the game until my current Valdorian Game party has gone to Khor and back to Elweir. That is at least three games. We play every other week and there are two weekends that will be interrupted. Basically, you have plent of time. :)

Okay "St Barbara".Powers: Flight, Energy projection (explosion, area effect), Force field, Force Wall, Tractor/pressor beam,visual flash attack, "st baarbara's law") Weaknesses : Mostly psychological (soft hearted,protective of women and particularly children),powers do not work in water, lightly built (takes double knockback), Origin : Teenager from broken home who became involved with unsavory end of "modelling" industry, rescued by her brother she worked for UNICEF and, while in Africa, discovered that she had super powers when they activated during an insurgent attack) Useful Skills : Speaks Danish (native), English and German (fluent with accent) and some Dutch,Has no formal teaching skills or qualifications but good at persuasion, conversation and oratory, ex nude model (if that is going to help in a teaching situation). Gymnast (not Olympic level, but good), knows first aid and can sail small boats as well as knows her way around on the streets. On the down side various neo nazi organisations have taken a dislike to her, her I D is public and she can be intolerannt of religious fundamentalists and people who abuse children and she is a feminist. I hope that this application meets your institution's requirements and look forward to your response. Yours Pia Elfstrom ("St Barbara" )