How do I build werewolf & vampires?

Truthsayer

Ok, here's another one. I love the movies Underworld. I want to run a story on it, but I'm stumped. How do you create the virus that transmit the werewolf and vampire gene? I mean, one bite, and bang, you're a lycan or bloodsucker. 1d6 HKA bite. Must do body damage. But how do you write the transform power? And what do you think would be the powers you gain? Regeneration? Superleap? Hyperspeed? Damage reduction? I notice that it was really easy for a werewolf to kill a vampire and vice versa, bite a chunk out of their neck. How would you write that? What about the way that Selene was silent when she moved or was able to land from stepping off the top of a steeple? These movies rock! How would you write them up?

Re: How do I build werewolf & vampires?

I forget just about everything about Underworld, and I didn't see the second one.

The virus is probably a large Transform with Extra Time or Gradual Effect (or possibly something like Continuous and Uncontrolled).

EDIT: ...or just a story element that doesn't need to be built explicitly, of course.

Q: How do you create a virus that transmits the werewolf and vampire gene?

A: Xd6 Major transform: human to X, 0 range (-1/2)... possibly with a continuing charge... And you need a method to reverse the Transform.

Alternately, just wing it.

Q: What powers do you gain?

A: Werewolves gain Multiform w/ +Str, +Body, +Con, +Pre, Regeneration, Probably a bit of superleap, enhanced senses, etc.

Vampires gain +Str, +Dex, +Con (maybe...), +Pre, and possibly +Atr (I don't recall an ugly vampire...), Regeneration, superleap, enhanced senses, lifesupport, etc..

I suggest you run a search on Underworld. I remember someone doing a couple of writeups for vamps and wolves.

Q: ... easy to kill... etc....

A: Hit locations. Pretty simple actually. Alternately, you could buy a bit of Armor or Damage Reduction w/ not vs. vamps/werewolves (-1 to -2... I'd suggest -1.5). Also, none of your generic vamps or wolves are going to have much more than average Body.

Q: ... Selena ... silent... land from stepping off the steeple?

A: Either Selena is really good at Stealth or she has Superskill: Stealth: Invisible to sound, no fringe, 0 End. Landing, she either has Superleap (she does have at least a little), Superleap (only to counter falls: -1), Enough Armor not to worry about little things like gravity, or some combination of these.

S: These movies rock!

A: Yeah, they're pretty cool.

Ok' date=' here's another one. I love the movies Underworld. I want to run a story on it, but I'm stumped. How do you create the virus that transmit the werewolf and vampire gene? I mean, one bite, and bang, you're a lycan or bloodsucker. 1d6 HKA bite. Must do body damage. But how do you write the transform power? And what do you think would be the powers you gain? Regeneration? Superleap? Hyperspeed? Damage reduction? I notice that it was really easy for a werewolf to kill a vampire and vice versa, bite a chunk out of their neck. How would you write that? What about the way that Selene was silent when she moved or was able to land from stepping off the top of a steeple? These movies rock! How would you write them up?[/quote']

OK. I know I say this a lot, but it is SO true.

It depends entirely on your campaign and what your GM says. If it is a vampire vs werewolf campaign all the characters should not have to pay points for the ability to transmit the "virus." It should be free. However, I think a small Continuous Transform would work.

The bite shouldn't be more than a pip. If you were going to build the power to Xform, it should have a lim that is Bite Must Do BODY.

Definately, Regeneration...Not vs Silver (or Holy) or whatever.

SuperLeap, but not too much. 8" or so TOP MAX.

I would wager a couple extra poitns of SPD, normal is 4 instead of the human 2.

Damage Reduction is a possibility, especially when followed by the same lims as the Regen or especially Stun Only.

A lot depends on your take on the UnderWorld movies. You also have to realise that a lot of the movie is not very conducive to RPGs...so you have to take some and leave the rest.

To build a werewolf virus it might be some version of a sticky no END, continous uncontrolled transform, to probably both physical and mental/spiritual (can't say for sure, never saw the 2nd movie).

Obviously the way to build werewolves and vampires oneshotting each other (i don't really recall many fight scenes but i recall they are all too short) would be some varient of damage reduction and vunerability

Vampires - DR to everything but UV rays, fire, and what ever else you like.

vunerable to werewolves x2 body

Werewolves - DR to everything but silver

vunerable to vampires (and silver if you want)

that'd be crazy though...

actually, the "transform virus" is LETHAL to a member of the other species and is just as lethal to most humans. it was only members of the Corvinus family (and very, very few of them) that could become hybrids if they already had one of the "mutations".

As a friend pointed out, with the way Transform is done now, you just have to buy a small major transform (1d6) With a continuous advantage, because with joe normal human (who is really all that is going to be transformed) you have some one with 8-12 body. That won't take long to transform. And if you add in NCC, so the GM controls the transform you have the ability to transform only some of the people you bite. YMMV

Ok hows this? 1d6 HKA (bite) 0End +1.5 restrainable -1.5 Plus 1d6 Major Transform into vampire, continous +2, 0End +1.5, Uncontrolled +1.5, restrainable -1.5, linked to bite -1.5, must have done body -1.5, transform reversed by an injection of garlic into the blood within the first 24 hours.

How does this look to you guys?

Now how about the untransformation for the werewolf virus? What can be the agent to stop the transformation?

Vampires gain +Str' date=' +Dex, +Con (maybe...), +Pre, and possibly +Atr (I don't recall an ugly vampire...), [/quote']

There is the Nosferatu clan in White Wolf - named after the movie with Max Schrek. who look like the main character (Nosferatu is based on Dracula by Bram Stoker).

And the "Vamp face" in the Buffyverse by Joss Whedon (possibly inpsired by Nosferatu - the movie or clan).

Ok hows this? 1d6 HKA (bite) 0End +1.5 restrainable -1.5 Plus 1d6 Major Transform into vampire, continous +2, 0End +1.5, Uncontrolled +1.5, restrainable -1.5, linked to bite -1.5, must have done body -1.5, transform reversed by an injection of garlic into the blood within the first 24 hours.

How does this look to you guys?

Pretty good. Perhaps garlic could also be the agent to stop the Continuous part of Transform, since there's supposed to be some fairly obvious way to do so.

Now how about the untransformation for the werewolf virus? What can be the agent to stop the transformation?

To keep with the botanical precedent for your vampires, I'd go with wolfsbane for the werewolves.

I want to get rosewood grips for my Hi-Power, so I can pistol-whip a vampire if it ever comes to that.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, hawthorne is also supposed to be effective against vampires.