Ultimate metamorph

Truthsayer

Re: Ultimate metamorph

I was very much of the "do I really need a book just on metamorphs?" but a friend of mine picked it up and I had a look and was surprised.

I never considered the many faces of morphing. The book breaks down metamorphic powers, animal powers, body control, transformation, duplication, intangibility, size alteration, stretching.

It's nothing you couldn't figure out yourself but it's nice to have, I found several of the mechanics used to be interesting.

Sunday

The book includes optional rules for unifying Growth and Shrinking into a single power callled Alter Size. It also has an alternate version of Desolidification, as well as a way to unify the new Desolidification with Density Increase to create a single power called Alter Density. Then there are some suggested ways to create multiple characters that combine into a single form.

There are a variety of new advantages/limitation, useful charts and hundreds of pregenerated metamorph powers (some totally new, others found in existing books).

There are thirteen characters writups for various genres (three of them are Champions villians) as well as several sample metamorphic Bestiary enteries.

Overall, I consider it to be a usefull book, but then I've always like Metamorphs quite a bit (two of my main characters fit into this category).

There are thirteen characters writups for various genres (three of them are Champions villians) as well as several sample metamorphic Bestiary enteries.

The main negative I would have to say about the three Champions characters is that they are all based on massive VPPs... rather than a set of concrete powers. Yes, they are "limited" to SFX, but I thought that was kind of cheesy. So, basically, the suggestion to use these characters (such as Morph, who was referred to in the USPD), would be to use the Powers described in the rather extensive section prior to the character section.

I would have at least liked to have seen the character(s) with their default powers (what they typically use in combat, out of combat).

Other than that, it was a pretty kewl book. I already have some ideas for some new characters, and I really like new lims and advantages on Growth/Shrinking. Especially the +1/2 Advantage on Shrinking called "Normal Mass"!!!

I am also looking forward to creating a multiform character, who's alternate form is a pair of identical twins (duplication). [insert evil laugh here]

El Jaguar doesn't have a VPP' date=' does he?[/quote']

Ok, I was working from memory... I guess the two that weren't multiform characters... I know for a fact that Morph had a huge VPP... can't recall the other character right now...

The book does have a lot of stuff that talks about how to do things like Mimic pools (as well as a ton of options!)