The Use of a Focus for Teleportation...?

Samuraiko

Re: The Use of a Focus for Teleportation...?

Hey, Samuraiko! Do you think Midnight would be interested in something that acted like a Trump Deck from Amber?

Have never read the Amber novels, can you believe it? :)

Crippling Darkness: Drain Mental Defense 4d6' date=' BOECV (+1/2); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 22 points in your EC. [note: since Power Defense is equally common as Mental Defense, BOECV is worth +1/2 rather than +1']

I still suggest the following instead:

Fractured Shadows: Find Weakness 16- with Mental Powers; Costs END (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 16 points in your EC.

This still requires an attack action and can never really reduce a target's Mental Defense to 0, but it isn't stopped by Mental Defense either.

I sure hope you're not planning on having Midnight die... that would suck. I can arrange if you'd like though. :eg:

Hmmm, might have to look into those a bit more. I also looked into what SteveZilla recommended... that might also be fun. Dunno how applicable to your campaign, but fun.

No, I'm not planning on having Midnight die... but if you do sic her with Unluck (ESPECIALLY where Zephrem is concerned... or better yet, only for when Vagabond is attacking...), she may not make it 'til the end of the campaign.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No' date=' I'm not planning on having Midnight die... but if you do sic her with Unluck (ESPECIALLY where Zephrem is concerned... or better yet, only for when Vagabond is attacking...), she may not make it 'til the end of the campaign.[/quote']

One Of The Things I learned from playing Champions:

5 points of Unluck isn't worth it. :ugly:

That sounds like you're mixing parts of AVLD into BOECV -- the part about equally common defenses. BOECV doesn't normally have that option' date=' though it does have the option of if the target can choose either the power's standard defense or mental defense, the BOECV is worth 1/4 less. And nobody forget that it's still a no range power! :)[/quote']

I forgot about Range! Damn. The other stuff is a house rule of mine. I figured why discriminate? BOECV does have a built in +1/2 if the Power uses it's origial defenses, though it's intended for things like EB which are versus PD or ED. I think it should extent to other things as well. So if you buy a Drain BOECV, it will be versus Power Def for a +1/2. My house rules says that you can trade the defense of any Power for any other equally common defense for a +0 Advantage.

True, and a high mental defense (24 or more) will make the drain ineffective. If she goes the Find Weakness route, she can use

this build, with GM approval, of course. :eg:

I wouldn't consider that a legal build. If the only Defense Power that applies to the attacks Find Weakness is for is Mental Defense, "Only Versus Mental Defense" doesn't actually limit it. A Limitation that isn't a limitation isn't worth any points.

One Of The Things I learned from playing Champions:

5 points of Unluck isn't worth it. :ugly:

It's on my list even!

Ultimately I disagree. Unluck 1d6 is worth 5 points. It isn't any more hampering than a 5 point Hunted (less powerful 8-) or any other Disad. It only has a bad rap because GMs abuse it. I tend not to.