Pepper Spray/Mace

Old Man

Re: Pepper Spray/Mace

Possibly, but I'm not sure if that's really necessary.

I mean, it's pretty hard to do anything when you are on fire or suffering from multiple gun shot wounds, but we don't tend to model that into our attacks.

For most characters, I would think being deprived of their main targeting sense and being at reduced CV is probably enough to represent that they can't do anything.

For most characters' date=' I would think being deprived of their main targeting sense and being at reduced CV is probably enough to represent that they can't do anything.[/quote']For the most part I agree. But the only effect of this stuff is to temporarily disable someone. Taking away their main targeting sense won't do that. It's just blinds them. Pepper spray is also painful, and can cause breathing problems. I was looking for a way to model this effect.

For the most part I agree. But the only effect of this stuff is to temporarily disable someone. Taking away their main targeting sense won't do that. It's just blinds them. Pepper spray is also painful' date=' and can cause breathing problems. I was looking for a way to model this effect.[/quote']

if you want that one then just do:

an 3d6 eb NND (self-contained breathing and eye covering, +1) 30 AP no range (-1/2) , 20 RP PLUS 6d6 flash 30 AP no range (-1/2) 20 RP 40 total

apply focus if needed.

I don't think an NND is appropriate. I've never head of anyone being knocked unconscious by repeated spraying of mace or pepper spray. After the first solid application, it tends to have a set effect and that's it (disables/hinders sight and smell and dissorients through pain/discomfort). If it's gonna knock someone out, it will happen on that first application or not at all.

To me, this sounds like a STUN Suppress plus a Flash versus Sight and Smell Groups. If the roll on the Supress is enough to Stun the target, you've got your dissorientation right there. I figure 4d6 should be enough, as it would all but guarentee a 10+ result.

Suppressing Stun can knock someone unconscious too' date=' though (especially if they have already taken damage), and the Suppress would have to be maintained. I think a minor NND--or Drain?--is fine.[/quote']

Pepper Spray: (Total: 55 Active Cost, 16 Real Cost) Sight and Smell/Taste Groups Flash 6d6 (35 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OAF (-1), No Range (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Suppress STUN 4d6 (20 Active Points); OAF (-1), 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Linked (Flash; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/2) (Real Cost: 6) Total Cost: 16

This will Stun but not knock out a normal, but make him easier to knock out. If the character has already taken STUN damage, this will at best only bring him between -10 and 0, which will make him unable to act but still aware of his enviornment.

I usually build a low cost pepper spray as Flash 2D6 NND+2D6 NND Continues on both, OAF: Can, Limited or no range -1/4 to -1/2 (this is for supers so reality is kind of negocable) and some chages say 8x 1 turn each thats 60 active...may be drop the NND to 1D6 and it fits in a Utility belt of 40+ points.....it won't knock many out but does "sting" so its "real enough for a comic book"

Last night I was writting up a street level character and I built Tear gas as a CE and it looked fairly good...in many ways pepper spray and / or mace should look simular...CE: Ego roll or lose 1/2 phase,-2 Per,-1 DCV,1 pip NND, long lasting,4" radius...I think that was it at 45 points...change the radius to 1 hex and as an attack...and it will cost loads...;) but likely "look" the way you want....Oh I spaced on "Multiple combat effect...my bad...whats that? 5 points more? (just drop the NND thats 5 points)....

Last night I was writting up a street level character and I built Tear gas as a CE and it looked fairly good...in many ways pepper spray and / or mace should look simular...CE: Ego roll or lose 1/2 phase' date='-2 Per,-1 DCV,1 pip NND, long lasting,4" radius...I think that was it at 45 points...change the radius to 1 hex and as an attack...and it will cost loads...;) but likely "look" the way you want....Oh I spaced on "Multiple combat effect...my bad...whats that? 5 points more? (just drop the NND thats 5 points)....[/quote']

Actually I wrote down that it was a 46 point power...I dropped the radius to 3" to get the Multiple effects to fit

So it was "Arsenal of justice!" Multi (46) OIF assault vest

u Tear gas cannisters CE: Roll Ego or lose 1/2 phase,-2 Per,-1 DCV, 1 pip of NND Rad 3",Long lasting, Multi effects OIF 8 charges u slot cost 2

Pepper spray 2D6 Flash (sight) + 1D6 both Continues, NND 8 chages of 1 turn, OAF , No range

and etc....it looks nice so far...