Vancouver Island City

L.Craig

I am creating a Champions Universe City based on the West Coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia. I dont have much experience with this so I am welcoming any ideas from people who want to help. I don't have a name yet or nothing. Maybe Pacific City but that is kind of generic

Re: Vancouver Island City

Perhaps a name like Pacifica

You could also give it a name that is either common among British Royality, or perhaps taken from some tribe that lived there first.

If you want to play up its relation to the ocean, perhaps one of the insitutions there could be a marine biology study center. Maybe you could buff up the Canadian Navy (I don't know how strong it really is) and put a base nearby.

Bamfield Marine Station, located on the west coast of Vancouver island in the tiny town of Bamfield, is a dang fine institution as it is - probably Canada's premire marine biological facility. Perhaps the core of a big city in a superpowered universe?

As a big fan of the Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit video game, I agree with Hermit -- Pacifica is a great name but doesn't carry the dynamic weight like Metropolis, Hudson City or MegaTokyo do. Feel free to steal my "stand in city" for San Antonio, if you like -- Metronova.

Matt "Been-making-my-own-cities-since-Sim-City-hit-the-PC" Frisbee

Bamfield Marine Station' date=' located on the west coast of Vancouver island in the tiny town of Bamfield, is a dang fine institution as it is - probably Canada's premire marine biological facility. Perhaps the core of a big city in a superpowered universe?[/quote']

Who doesn't think "Bamfield" is an awesome name for a superhero city?

Keith ":thumbup: " Curtis

Heres what I have so far I called the city Kings Lynn, which was the birthplace of Captain Vancouver, who helped discover Vancouver and Vancouver island. Anyways Kings Lynn is on a small island off the west coast of vancouver island. I figured the population will be 720,000(metro pop:990,000). racial breakdown: White 54%, Asian 33%, Black 1%, Other 2%.

Heres a rough map i made up with Campaign cartographer. Actually it wont let me attach it ****.

Heres what I have so far I called the city Kings Lynn' date=' which was the birthplace of Captain Vancouver, who helped discover Vancouver and Vancouver island. Anyways Kings Lynn is on a small island off the west coast of vancouver island. I figured the population will be 720,000(metro pop:990,000). racial breakdown: White 54%, Asian 33%, Black 1%, Other 2%.[/quote']

If it would fit in, you might consider suggest boosting the "other" a bit... there's a decent proportion of Native Americans/aboriginal peoples that might be in the city.