Wow....that is a useless power for sure....

Herolover

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wow....that is a useless power for sure....

Color Kid has always fascinated me. At first blush his powers seem pretty useless (in an adventuring/combat sense, that is) and the fact that he was made a Sub seems to back up that point. My friends and I made a point trying to make him useful conceptually, and one guy brought up the fact that two of the most powerful heroes in DC had color based weaknesses. Of course the Green Lantern yellow thing (which doesn't exist anymore, if i understand correctly) and Superman's red sun vulnerability, not to mention his rainbow kryptonite weaknesses. Using Silver Age physics, it would not be unthinkable that Color Kid could turn the entire sun red thereby rendering Superman (or Superboy, more appropriately) completely powerless. And how about changing the GL ring entirely to yellow so the energy can't even leave the stone? Then the rest of his powers are basically an illusion set minus the hologram ability. Flash vs Sight (as was mentioned previously), camoflage (if not full invisibility), darkness (via smoky like colored air), invisibility dispell, and, of course, images. Additionally, I believe his effects were permanent!

Of course, where he really shines is as an interior decorator :thumbup:

Using Silver Age physics' date=' it would not be unthinkable that Color Kid could turn the entire sun red thereby rendering Superman (or Superboy, more appropriately) completely powerless. And how about changing the GL ring entirely to yellow so the energy can't even leave the stone? [/quote']

During the Great Darkness Saga, there's a panel that shows Colour Kid using his power to dazzle and stun Daxamites. Daxamites, people. Think about that for a second. And Lanterns are still vulnerable to yellow, but an individual Lantern can overcome this by facing and conquering his deepest fear.

There was Chrysalis from Wildcards who's power was that her tissues were transparent but only her soft tissues' date=' not her bones so she looked like a walking skeleton in the glasslike body of a beautiful woman.[/quote']

Lankhmarian "Ghouls" from the Fafrhd and Gray Mouser stories had that characteristic. ;)

Maybe not a useless power if you're in a Tales of the Floating Vagabond campaign, but otherwise not terribly useful:

http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=060722

If he hears the narrator go "Suddenly...!" he'd have a kind of Danger Sense. And if the narrator tells what the bad guy is doing, he'd have a kind of Clairsentience. :D