Wow....that is a useless power for sure....

Herolover

Re: Wow....that is a useless power for sure....

I own the Superhero League of Hoboken. It's in a box somewhere. Every now and then I consider trying to sell it...

they're giving it away free at http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=1104, so i doubt you'd get much for it. haven't played it yet but it looks like it's worth the price. :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe one of the earliest Xanth novels mentioned an individual whose special mystic power was the ability to change the colour of his urine as he was passing it. Find a world-saving utilization of that power! :idjit:

I think had there been a sequel, we would have seen the Mystery Men as Champion City's greatest superheroes, picking up the torch left behind by Captain Amazing.

There should have been a sequel--doggone it. :(

And in keeping with the tone of the original, those "greatest superheroes" would have to be bailed out by the second-stringers.

Personally, I'm kinda glad they didn't make a sequel, because unless they had a *really* good story, I'd bet good money the sequel would have been a hideously pale imitation of the original.

Okay, not to be a pain in the butt, but...

I think the subject should be limited to actual super powers -- not pathetic characters who wish or pretend they have super powers.

In this vein:

Supernova Boy! -- has the power to make our sun go supernova. (The problem is, this only works once...)

Phaseout Girl! -- Desolidification, always on, affected normally by gravity. (As soon as her powers manifested, she fell toward the center of the earth, suffocating several minutes later...)

Deathman! -- Simulate Death, 1 recoverable charge, charge duration 1 century, -15 to PER to determine if he's alive. (He did his trick in 1960 and the public buried him...)

Matt "Morbid-how?" Frisbee

Okay, how about Armor (only protects head) + Hand-to-Hand Attack (Canoe) + Stretching + Physical Limitation (Vision Severely Impaired).

How about...

!!!

Yes, in honor of Canada Day, we have Canada's Greatest Aluminum Crimefighter.

(Sorry about the poor quality, it's the best I could find.)

For the other episodes, do a search for Canoehead on YouTube. The Ninja Nun in Episode 2 should be drawn up, methinks.

hugh i'd say you could distract a rogue green lantern but you wouldn't need the colour change for that.

ok got one producing a perfect colour matched duplicate for the super serum that the master villain needs for his plot for world domination

One of the bit-characters in the old Wild Card books had the abilty to cause soft lights to strobe around him as he played the piano.

now..thats...a useless power.

(he was actualy fairly well known as a statement he made resulted in anyone in the wildcards universe who had simular 'useless' powers being named a Duece)

One of the bit-characters in the old Wild Card books had the abilty to cause soft lights to strobe around him as he played the piano.

now..thats...a useless power.

(he was actualy fairly well known as a statement he made resulted in anyone in the wildcards universe who had simular 'useless' powers being named a Duece)

Actually, that was the guy Pyre-Archer mentioned. He was a lounge singer who specialized in songs with colors in the title and he'd change color to match.

During an interview he said "If I'm an Ace, I'd hate to see a Deuce", coining the term.

He committed suicide after being blacklisted during the McCarthy Hearings.

(It's so sad that I didn't even have to look that up.)

Actually, that was the guy Pyre-Archer mentioned. He was a lounge singer who specialized in songs with colors in the title and he'd change color to match.

During an interview he said "If I'm an Ace, I'd hate to see a Deuce", coining the term.

He committed suicide after being blacklisted during the McCarthy Hearings.

(It's so sad that I didn't even have to look that up.)

Heh - teaches me to post something before I have read all the messages......:P

I believe one of the earliest Xanth novels mentioned an individual whose special mystic power was the ability to change the colour of his urine as he was passing it. Find a world-saving utilization of that power! :idjit:

I KNOW, I KNOW. Sneak into Dr. Destoryer's kitchen, and pee in his Cheerios (making your pee white like milk). Then when he's about to blow up the world, say "HA! I peed in your Cheerios!" then as grab the device he was going to use to blow up the world while he's blinded by the vomit in his helmet.

Maybe the final item needed for the World Saving McGuffin the gadgeteer is throwing together is a small vial filled with a very specific color of urine. Thank goodness you've kept Rainbow Pee Boy on the team all these years!

Maybe the final item needed for the World Saving McGuffin the gadgeteer is throwing together is a small vial filled with a very specific color of urine.

It will be if I ever GM again... :sneaky:

Thank goodness you've kept Rainbow Pee Boy on the team all these years!

I'd hate to waste a perfectly good power neutralizer on this guy.

I was going to say that it would only be useless in a planet-bound campaign, until I realized that by the time you get far enough away for light-speed lag to be an issue, the PER mods are going to be so bad that you're not going to spot anything smaller than a moon anyway.

FTL "sight" is a standard trope in comic books, sci fi, and Hero System. Call it "long range sensors" or "Megascale Sight" or whatever Flash and Superman used when moving faster than light in the Silver Age. You need some way to look where you're going when moving FTL in many settings.

True. However, without mad levels of telescopic, your chances of spotting anything beyone a few light-seconds (i.e. at a distance where FTL vision would actually be useful) are going to be virtually zero.