La faune nocturne de Paris: A Short Story of Zl'f & Le Magister

Trebuchet

Re: La faune nocturne de Paris: A Short Story of Zl'f & Le Magister

Even worse' date=' I myself am merely an LOL account for Enforcer84.[/quote']I thought Enforcer84 was your LOL account. Damn, I'm really out of the loop!

I must admit I am sadly disappointed at the poor response to this new short story; which I thought was pretty decent. I got both more positive commentary and far more rep for the background writeup I posted of Zl'f a few weeks ago; much less any of my other stories. Was it that bad, or did people just not read it because it's long and/or I released it on a holiday weekend?

Ah, well, there's always other ways of finding recreation than writing. Look what writing did to Ernest Hemingway and Edgar Allan Poe... :drink:

I thought Enforcer84 was your LOL account. Damn, I'm really out of the loop!

I must admit I am sadly disappointed at the poor response to this new short story; which I thought was pretty decent. I got both more positive commentary and far more rep for the background writeup I posted of Zl'f a few weeks ago; much less any of my other stories. Was it that bad, or did people just not read it because it's long and/or I released it on a holiday weekend?

Ah, well, there's always other ways of finding recreation than writing. Look what writing did to Ernest Hemingway and Edgar Allan Poe... :drink:

I've still got some Rep to spread . . . but you've got a whallop from my rep stick coming for this. I always like to read stories, so if nothing else post it for my sake. You've got a captive audience of at least 1. :)

I thought Enforcer84 was your LOL account. Damn, I'm really out of the loop!

For whatever reason, some threads just don't click. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the piece.

I've still got some Rep to spread . . . but you've got a whallop from my rep stick coming for this. I always like to read stories' date=' so if nothing else post it for my sake. You've got a captive audience of at least 1. :)[/quote']

For whatever reason' date=' some threads just don't click. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the piece.[/quote']Coming from you two guys, that means a lot. Thanks. Now I won't have to seek solace in a bottle. :)

I probably shoulda put the word "sex" in the title. That've guaranteed me an audience... :sneaky:

OH: Just out of curiosity, has the Mrs. read this? I'm always interested in the female perspective on my stories.

Well' date=' [i']I[/i] thought it was a good story. :)

There, now you're up to 7. :D

Thank you, kind sir! :D

Now I just need to persuade the other 5,856 board members who haven't commented yet to do so. :help:

Well I liked it.

But just cos restrainably is ok by your gm dosent make it alright by all gms.

Merely defending a privous poster

I can't believe somebody is still arguing this? :jawdrop:

You are essentially correct, of course. All Limitations and Disads should be approved by that particular campaign's GM (or in our cases GMs in any campaign. Zl'f was built for this specific campaign, and no other. Nothing is 100% universal; that's why Hero is a toolkit. Since neither VIPER nor Dr. Destroyer exist in our game universe, being Hunted by either is of no value. If a campaign doesn't have magic, then "Not vs Magic" is a Limitation without any bonus. It all depends on each unique campaign.

Had any of my GMs had any problems with that Restrainable on Zl'f's MP, I'd have come up with a different Limitation. Considering it would take only 11 Real Points to buy off the Restrainable, I might have simply opted for fewer "fluff" Skills and Powers. I may well buy it off in the future with XP anyway because she's already pretty close to where I want her to be so far as combat power goes.

I like the story. Sorry I couldn't get around to reading it before now.

As ever, I have nitpicky stuff, but I can e-mail that to you, if you want it.

I think writing up stuff that happened in game without making it sound like the transcription of a game is one of the hardest things a person can do, and I think you pulled it off quite nicely. Also, it's most entertaining. ^ v ^

I like the story. Sorry I couldn't get around to reading it before now.

As ever, I have nitpicky stuff, but I can e-mail that to you, if you want it.

I think writing up stuff that happened in game without making it sound like the transcription of a game is one of the hardest things a person can do, and I think you pulled it off quite nicely. Also, it's most entertaining. ^ v ^

Thanks, Alice! Go right ahead and send me the "nitpicky stuff" via PM or e-mail - intelligent criticism is the only way I'll improve as a writer (besides more practice!).

Yeah, trying to keep the story from sounding like a transcript was kinda challenging (especially since I wrote over half the story under the influence of codeine and valium!), but I think I managed. Fortunately I was able to talk with both the GM and the other player for some insight into how the other characters felt and/or reacted. I'm still tinkering with the story; I've already made a half dozen minor changes to it since I first posted it. None of my stories are ever "done" - I tinker with them incessantly. Maybe if I ever published to paper I'd stop that, but as long as I only "publish" via electronic media the stories will continue to evolve.

I'm still tinkering with the story; I've already made a half dozen minor changes to it since I first posted it. None of my stories are ever "done" - I tinker with them incessantly. Maybe if I ever published to paper I'd stop that, but as long as I only "publish" via electronic media the stories will continue to evolve.

That's an easy trap to fall into. I have learned when working on a Video, Audio or written project, I usually keep tinkering with it. There comes a time when it's "good enough." Although, I usually find it good enough when it's due, regardless if it's a client / festival deadline or a class assignment. I do, however, try to set it aside for a week or so to help put some distance between it and I. That helps me bring a fresh eye/ear to the project.

Care to try a short radio play for my audio class? It need to be 3-5 minutes long and produced by next wednesday. I'm out of ideas.

:coach: