Scenarios for Alien Wars

Captain Obvious

I've been poking around on Mongoose's website, and I've found that several of the issues of Signs and Portents that they have for download have scenarios for Starships Troopers that can be fairly easily converted to Alien Wars use. From what I've seen, the Roleplayer version is a little better (obviously) for our purposes here, but the Wargamer version might have some cool ideas as well.

Re: Scenarios for Alien Wars

Not to mention Digital Hero:

THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY: Can three races that hate each other set aside their differences long enough to defend their planet in this Alien Wars adventure? DH 20, PAGE 33

YOUR HOROSCOPE FOR: CAPRICORN: This Alien Wars adventure lands your Star Hero characters on an icy lake world full of Xenovores. DH 21, PAGE 13

(Thanks to JmOz for his DH adventure listing.)

Does anyone know if any other third party scenarios are coming out for AW ? Sounds like a great way to support the Star Hero genre and judging by the number of posts to the Star Hero forum I'd say there's more than enough interest...

Arguably the Aliens from the movies do have sentience, but in overall style and "flavor" there is a strong resemblance. However, the Xenovores also have a fairly complex social order, and relatively advanced technology. The priorities of the two species are otherwise pretty close: kill, reproduce and expand. I would say that "kill" is a higher priority for the Xenovores, though, for genetic reasons. Xenovores actually derive great physical pleasure from the consumption of sentient beings.

I've gotta tell you, I was a straight Champions player until I got 5th Ed. Star Hero. Now I make sure I get the Star Hero line first, and then maybe get the Champs books. The only book in that line I wasn't absolutely thrilled with was Alien Wars. Not that it was a bad book, it just wasn't exactly what I wanted. It went into more of a timeline of everything, where as I wanted a general overview of the timeline, then pick a specific period and go deeper into that (sort of like Terrian Empire). Obvoiulsy you can't please everyone all the time.

It went into more of a timeline of everything' date=' where as I wanted a general overview of the timeline, then pick a specific period and go deeper into that (sort of like Terrian Empire). Obvoiulsy you can't please everyone all the time.[/quote']

To each his own obviously, but I had quite the opposite reaction. If I remember correctly, AW covers about 100 years, whereas TE covers 300. I thought it gave plenty of specific details to serve as a launch point for various campaigns during the Xenovore wars. If anything, I wanted TE to have more details, which is why I waa happy to see that WoE get published.

Clearly YMMV.