Praise for UNTIL Super Powers database

Dino

My friend just picked up a copy of this book and I thought, well it might have some ideas I can rip off and do better, but I've been playing Hero for 14+ years, what do I need this for?

This book rocks. The powers are simple enough that they can be easily modified, and come in several power levels to choose from for easy scaling. They fit into frameworks nicely and really give players alot of ideas to build on. I started a new superhero game last night with three relative newbies and got solid characters out of them all.

I highly recommend it for all players, even if you don't think you need it.

I agree hole heartidly.

I bought the book out of a general "Suport" motivations but once I started to read it I thought how could I have missed this book for so long.

It is amazing how I can go from "I guess it could be good for a newby" to "Holy crap I never thought to build that fx before this is cool as hell"

For an example read the Demnision control powers entangle discription. Standard power with no special rules and a litle flavor. This must be the single coolest power I have ever read and for this power alone did I make an entire character "Jericho"

Glad you're enjoying it!

Hopefully our other forthcoming "big sourcebooks of stuff," such as The Fantasy Hero Grimoire and Gadgets And Gear, will be similarly well-received. ;) Similarly, I hope we get enough contributions to the Online USPD that we can eventually publish an "update" supplement that provides more powers.

Just picked it up. As a player, I didn't feel any urgency. Since I started running a game again, I felt the need to pick it up because it's tough enough working on background and scenarios. I don't have time to build pretty supervillain constructs from the ground up.

Though I sent in a second batch of about 25-30 last week, and haven't seen even one of them posted yet.... I could see some of them being rejected (only about two-thirds of my first batch were accepted, and even that was actually a higher proportion than I expected), but I really thought some of them were pretty good.

Maybe Steve just hasn't gotten around to reviewing them yet... I dunno. :confused: Not that it's all that important.... :)

Originally posted by Steve Long

If you sent them last week, you didn't send them to me. No such batch of powers has arrived in my mailbox.

Well, this certainly comes in at the high end of weirdness. I even got a couple of replies from you (though maybe the mostly-unrelated questions I included in the emails distracted you).

Ah well, I'll just send again.... :) It'll give me a chance to fix some of the minor formatting errors (like two spaces instead of one following a period -- piddling things like that).