WWYCD: The True Champion has Arrived!

Powerhouse

Re: WWYCD: The True Champion has Arrived!

REVENANT would be loathe to be one of "The Ten", as he knows his forte is perseverance, not power. However, he would slip AMERICAN EAGLE's calling card into Champion's pocket. (American Eagle is the resident "Superman"-type for the campaign world, but not my character). Revenant would then devote himself to infiltrating Champion's base and mucking about with his game plan. (Revenant is a lot like Batman; hes an exceptional martial artist, but knows his power level is not technically "superhuman". He knows he is best suited for information gathering and throwing the monkey wrench).

BLACK EAGLE would accept the challenge, but be nervous about it. Her usual partner is GOLDENSTAR, who is American Eagle's daughter, whom she would feel was more the kind of person Champion was looking for. However, Black Eagle is -very- dangerous in her own right; super-fast, with a mystic protective shield, world-class martial arts, and focused mystical attack capabilities to boot. (Look at it this way; shes tough enough to be on par with Goldenstar ;) )

So even though she would be nervous about it, shed compete. And probably do quite well. She might well win the same way Thing did; by just never giving up.

I know the probable answer to the question in his comic universe but.......

As far as the ring goes is it typical boxing ring or do we get to use a dragonball type one. If I can do that, Badger would probably do the fly around and just blast him out (remember if they touch the ground they lose) as Badger does have some similarites to that format. ;)

As far as the ring goes is it typical boxing ring or do we get to use a dragonball type one. If I can do that, Badger would probably do the fly around and just blast him out (remember if they touch the ground they lose) as Badger does have some similarites to that format.

To accomodate the non bricks, I assume it's a rather open field or at least not confined to a ring persay. I would assume that the Champion has enough cosimic juice to fly so that it would be a little tough to just fly and strafe him... also makes it interesting when he takes on the Supermen of the various Champion worlds.

• 4 weeks later...

Microman II: Hands the job over to Horus-Re. This is his turf. If the Champion gets whiny, the New Sentinels gangpile him.

Diomedes: Hands the job over to Horus-Re. This requires a bunch of phone calls, but eh, he should show up anyway to something like this.

Jack Frost: Yields the task to Scathach, who while no Horus-Re, is still one of the buffer bricks in the world. Stands on the sidelines and loudly declaims any attempt to rules cheat.

Hermes: Well, the best suited in our party for this fight is Artemis, assuming he doesn't rules cheat. But, really, there are many better people for the fight; the Champion of Ra could probably kick his ass. The bigger concern is someone nasty either mindwhacking him into servitude, and/or stealing his tech.

The Deserter would accept the straight up boxing match rules. He would then be Champion's nightmare opponent. He is clearly strong enough to be in this fight, he plays by Champions rules, he pretty much sucks as a boxer (he'll hit Champion about as frequently a naturally occuring lightning) but he will not go down. Eventually Champion will slip in Deserter blood and/or Deserter will get the luck shot that CON stuns him and then puts him out with another punch or two . . . and the fifth one will kill him.

La Rose: Well he is conceted enough that he couldn't just give up the fight but not a complete moron so he wouldn't want to have his ass handed to him then hear the press writting about how the Great Rose lost, but much worse threw in the towel. SO He would have to accept and probly try and go last.

But if it came down to him vs the Champion. OWW. It said in wiki that the champion is suppose to have unlimited endurance but I wonder if that is a litteral interpritation. Because the Rose has Two major advantage. His speed and Recovery. So I might be able to out last and (assuming I had my sword) just take lucky shots at his head on occasion. All in all I would give him the longest fight of his life but not all that impressive.

La Rose