How to get out of the Inner Earth?

starblaze

Hey there,

I recently bought Inner Earth from the online store and have been running it with my players. I had them enter through the African entrance after having run them through Spears of the Tisangani. Long story short I have them hanging out with the Aztecs as well as the Nazis (the game is set in 1936 so the Nazis are not enemies yet). I have another adventure planned for them but eventually I want them to get back to the surface world. The only problem is that although there are many ways to get to the inner earth in the setting document there is virtually no way to get out and back to the surface.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: How to get out of the Inner Earth?

The only problem is that although there are many ways to get to the inner earth in the setting document there is virtually no way to get out and back to the surface.

Any suggestions?

The two options that the members of Justic Inc. have in my campaign are to build a hot air balloon and use the polar opening, or use the crashed Mongo Rocket ships jump engine to jump them out, ( In my game there is a crashed rocket ship in the Ghost City of Ketetos.) to Egypt or Mongo!

Re: How to get out of the Inner Earth?

"Normal" ways one might get out of the earth include hot springs, caves, volcanos, and perhaps even mines.

(The last possibility might open another adventure if they're mythic mines, like those of King Solomon, and the adventurers have to find their way back to civilization from the surface. How might they be seen by the guardians of such ancient secrets since they come from within?)

The natural features show up all over the place, but I imagine you can use your own geographical map to work out a likely exit. Notice that hot springs or volcanos are dangerous places though, and it might be that escape through such places are fraught with great dangers indeed!

Happy gaming!