Build Challenge: Mythbusters!

Weldun

Re: Build Challenge: Mythbusters!

LOVE the show.

It seems to me that if the Mythbusters existed in a classic comic-book superhero reality, most of them would certainly have acquired superpowers of one sort or another several times over.

Think about it. Consider how often they have been doing weird stuff involving chemicals, explosives, radiation, electricity, magnetism, unusual devices and so forth; usually in totally bizarre combinations. Add to that how some of them have led quite ... interesting lives prior to the show in any case (Jamie being the most obvious example).

Just a thought.

I agree.

Let's forget about the spider and get back to building the MythBusters team.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I distictly remember him unrinating on a mock-up of an electric fence, and him being "pranked" by a the secondary team in the Egyptian battery myth when they hooked up a cattle prod to the altar. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other incidents.

I distictly remember him unrinating on a mock-up of an electric fence' date=' and him being "pranked" by a the secondary team in the Egyptian battery myth when they hooked up a cattle prod to the altar. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other incidents.[/quote']

True. I thought you were asking about times where he was knocked either down or out.

I also remember when Adam was zapped by the home-brew Van de Graaff generator in the episode Static Cannon.

Edit: My mistake. It was the Static Cannon segment of the MythBusters season two episode Exploding Jawbreaker.

Last night the Beat the Security Systems episode was shown. The one where they discovered that holding up a bed sheet makes you invisible to ultrasonic motion detectors. The previous week was the movie-heist episode, so that should give our American Herophiles an undestanding as to why I'm seeking help in this undertaking. We don't get all the episodes and their shown out of order. And I have no idea how out of date we are, down under in "the arse-end of the world", to quote a former Prime Minister.

Last night the Beat the Security Systems episode was shown. The one where they discovered that holding up a bed sheet makes you invisible to ultrasonic motion detectors. The previous week was the movie-heist episode' date=' so that should give our American Herophiles an undestanding as to why I'm seeking help in this undertaking. We don't get all the episodes and their shown out of order. And I have no idea how out of date we are, down under in "the arse-end of the world", to quote a former Prime Minister.[/quote']

They're this season's episodes.

My universe's version has a few changes to the MythBusters on air lineup.

Adam and Jaime are still the hosts.

Researcher and associate producer Alice Dallow and her dog, Lulu, are often seen.

Christine Chamberlin continues as shop assistant and "Mythtern".

The build team consists of Salvatore "Tory" Belleci, Kari Elizabeth Byron, and Scottie Chapman. Tory is a model maker and scupltor. Kari is an electronics engineer, Tesla coil, Van de Graaff generator, and gadget expert, and model rocket enthusiest. Like the real Kari, she's also a certified scuba diver and former girl scout. However, she's not a vegatarian and never was a face-painting clown. Scottie is unchanged.

Buster is still the resident crash test dummy and has been joined by four simulaids. They are Rescue Randy, Jane, Simulaide Suzy, and an unnamed simulade that resembles a young boy.

You know, an indestructible super would be the perfect addition to the cast. You can do away with Buster entirely and the super can give some real data for their busting. They wouldn't have a lot of the problems they do with Buster as well since the person could actually hold onto things and really take the rides better than the dummy could. If you read Wild Cards, think Golden Boy and his career choice of stunt man.

You know' date=' an indestructible super would be the perfect addition to the cast. You can do away with Buster entirely and the super can give some real data for their busting. They wouldn't have a lot of the problems they do with Buster as well since the person could actually hold onto things and really take the rides better than the dummy could. If you read Wild Cards, think Golden Boy and his career choice of stunt man.[/quote']Not really. One of the things they use Buster for, especially after his refit, is to examine exactly what would happen to an ordinary person. Bones breaking , brain's splattering, that sort of stuff.

Would you consider welding and metal working two different skills?
Considering that welding is taught in a class callled "metal working", over here at least, I would be inclined to say no. Consider the broad range of things that mechanic, electronics and criminology actually cover.

Considering that welding is taught in a class callled "metal working"' date=' over here at least, I would be inclined to say no. Consider the broad range of things that mechanic, electronics and criminology actually cover.[/quote']

I'm thinking of Christine's writeup. Although she has some metal working skills, as far as I know, she never learned how to weld.

Also, my version of Kari would have higher electrical skills than most because of her electronics skill. Additionally, her skills in making model rockets, might help some of her other workshop skills.

Said other workshop skills are woodworking, metal working, plumbing, drafting, and electrical.

Kari is an electronics engineer' date=' Tesla coil, Van de Graaff generator, and gadget expert, and model rocket enthusiest. Like the real Kari, she's also a certified scuba diver and former girl scout. However, she's not a vegatarian and never was a face-painting clown. Scottie is unchanged.[/quote']

That's funny' date=' she's not a vegetarian in my reality either :D[/quote']

What's wrong with Kari being a vegetarian? If she doesn't eat meat, that means all the more for the rest of us--right? :yes:

Buster is still the resident crash test dummy and has been joined by four simulaids. They are Rescue Randy' date=' Jane, Simulaide Suzy, and an unnamed simulade that resembles a young boy.[/quote']

Don't know what a "simulade" is, but an android programmed to function as a crash test dummy would be fun--

BUSTER: "What are we doing today, guys?"

JAMIE: "We're going to drop a ton of bricks on top of you."

BUSTER: "Great! That'll be a blast! When do we start?"

Not really. One of the things they use Buster for' date=' especially after his refit, is to examine exactly what would happen to an ordinary person. Bones breaking , brain's splattering, that sort of stuff.[/quote']

Oh, good point... so we need someone that feels no pain and regenerates at will instead of automatically so they can inspect the damage first. :shock:

• 2 weeks later...