Build Challenge: Mythbusters!

Weldun

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Build Challenge: Mythbusters!

However they get written up, I'd have to pretty much insist that they have no science skills past the 8- "Everyman" level.

Fun show, talented builders, but scientists they are most definitely not.

No, the intro says they have 30+ years of special effects experience. Jamie has Jack of All Trades and a bunch of PS to reflect all the jobs he did prior to the show. Adam has luck (and unluck) and cramming. They're not scientists but they have practical science skills like physics, mechanical engineering, chemistry, math, etc. Along with PS skills like carpentry, welding, plumbing. Plus standard skills like electronics, mechanics, robotics, various TF, WF small arms.

Since we're making super-versions of them, I'd throw in Hunted by Buster. Seems CLOWN decided it would be funny if the dummy came to life. They didn't count on Buster nursinging a heavy grudge all these years....

Would the rest of the crew count as Followers, DNPC, or independent NPCs of lower skill levels?

Imagine the potential for disaster in a Mythbusters with a super-powers theme--

"Can the bite of an irradiated spider transfer its abilities to the person being bit?"

"Can being bombarded with excessive amounts of gamma radiation transform a person into a green-skinned, super-strong rampaging monster?"

"Can being sturck by lightning while simultaneously getting doused with chemicals give a person the ability to run at super-speed?"

Doubt that even Buster would sign up for any of those--:D

In the IST San Angelo version 4 campaign, I was considering having Kari be an electronics engineer with an interest in, and knowledge of, Tesla coils and Van de Graaff genrerators and model rocketry and belly dancing as hobbies. She would also be a certified scuba diver like the real Kari is.

Additionally, Scottie would still be on the team and Tory would be a sculpture as well as a model maker. All three build team members would have various shop skills and TFs relating to fork lifts and such.

I just realized that they must have Persuasion to a high degree.

Mythbusters: "We want to blow up/ignite/drop from space a car/boat/giant pumpkin/monkey/ to see if there's anything recognizable at the end."

Everyone else: "Ok."

:thumbup:

Do these guys not have the best job in the world??

I was going to wait and see what we could come up with before emailing Adam with a subject heading "You are now a Superhero!"' date=' just to see what kind of reply that would get...[/quote']

Heh, my email is actually a request for my son and I to meet them as my son has become a big fan of the show. Blah blah blah... Yea, its all about me. ;) LOL

I just realized that they must have Persuasion to a high degree.

Mythbusters: "We want to blow up/ignite/drop from space a car/boat/giant pumpkin/monkey/ to see if there's anything recognizable at the end."

Everyone else: "Ok."

:thumbup:

Do these guys not have the best job in the world??

They did get in trouble when they did the gunfighter challenge though, but that wasn't Adam or Jamie.

I actually peffer the Undocumented Features version... where else can Adam be a Kryptonian? :D At the very least Buster resembles those robot in I, Robot there. (No mention of Troy and Scottie, though...)

Quite a bit of their knowledge can be considered KS: Estoeric Trivia, so factor that in somewhere.

You and me both, man.

Oh wait, I read that as "paddle my ass."

Nevermind.

I'd much rather get a chance to wrap her up in something skimpy and leather... I don't care that much about the ass paddling one way or another.

Yes, I have a "dressing up girls" fetish.... so sue me.