WWYCD: Drumstick or Wing of Mutant?

Hermit

In honor of Thanksgiving

Mutants of all sorts in your game world find themselves being hunted down and rounded up not by killer robots or genocidal 'norms' but rather, aliens! It doesn't matter if the mutants in question have little power or lots, are villains, heroes, or just try to lead normal lives. They're captured and taken to ships that look suspiciously like the Twilight Zone's To Serve Man version.

Among their weapons are very potent mutant power surpressors, and while some mutants can get away or even fight back, most don't have a chance.

If a way to communicate is found (Universal Translator, or Telepathy alien minds) and they can be swayed to talk, the aliens will inform the heroes that they are about to have a great celebratory feast that only occurs once every eon, and that they long ago tampered with some primates on this planet genetically so the flavoring would be JUST right. Now they've returned to get the feast animal, cook them, and eat them. That's right... they claim to have caused mutation so they could get the seasoning right. Turns out they can taste complex DNA.

They don't seem to see anything wrong with eating sentients. Besides, it is a tradition!

WWYCD

;)

Re: WWYCD: Drumstick or Wing of Mutant?

My non-mutant character Cheeta backs out of room slowly.

The rest: "You will find that your food disagrees with you."

Ironically, the one of my characters that has the strongest power defense, and therfore most likely to resist the power supressors, is Dolphin, the one most opposed to violence. He will try to do as much damage as possible to the ships, trying to make Earth a too expensive place to pick up food.

Millennium will, of course, attempt to inspire and lead an insurgance by his fellow power supressed mutants.

Three of my four characters are non-mutants, so the answer basically boils down to the standard heroic "screw you."

Hermes, who could fit into an analogue of this scenario. . . well, okay, on the sheer physical conflict end, this is a mismatch. Even if their suppressors are buff enough to totally incapaciate him and his comrades ( not likely, as they are pretty damn buff themselves ). . . the power charts go above them. *Way* above them. "Silver Surfer in a toga" and "Superman's bigger, buffer, older brother" are the tip of the spear coming up to skewer them.

Its the implications thereof. In his setting, superhumans believe themselves to literally be the Chosen of the Gods, and with not inconsiderable reason. For it to be revealed with absolute certainty that the true reason for them existing was something so trivial and meaningless. . . it could cause a man to go insane. In fact, there's a character lately who just did. . .

Hmm. Kidnapping. That puts this squarely in the FBI's jurisdiction.

Special Agent Trent teleports into an alien ship and starts using his non-mutant psychokinetic powers to show these aliens why it's a bad idea to cross the Law.

Void: Would stop, look at them, and then shake his head sadly. Clearly these are the Bad Aliens, not entirely unlike the ones who took over his ex's brain. :tsk::tsk::tsk:

Then "accidentally" leak to the various anti-mutant groups that these aliens just confessed to creating the muties, and that they're capturing them for the purposes of putting together an army that intends to conquer the Earth.

See how they handle a small army of Sentinel-bots. :eg:

Really, is any plan that involves letting the guys trying to eat you and the guys trying to eradicate you wipe each other out a bad one? Worst case scenario the aliens wipe out the IHA and you've had time to coordinate a massive assault with your non-mutant comrades in arms. Afterwards, show that the aliens planned on eating you, rather than conscripting you, and turn it around into a publicity boost that can't be beaten. :thumbup:

Edit: Alternately, don't show the initial plan - let everybody think that they were trying to conscript the mutants, but that the mutants rebelled, which was why they began resorting to force. After all - even the ones who don't like humans aren't going to sell out the Earth to the new Alien Overlords. It's not like the aliens are gonna tell anybody the truth anymore. :sneaky:

Another Edit: Anybody who's wondering how I figure Void can be talking to them about this and then get out to lead a resistance? Frankly, if they suppress his mutation and expect him to fold like a wet noodle, they're going to be upgrading their opinion of wet noodles - he's primarily a Martial Artist/Gadgeteer. Oops!

Jake the Troll - who, as a troll, who has been accused before of having a hankering for human flesh (he doesn't), would find this amusing, deeply ironic, and really, really gross. Insert standard superheroics here.

Icon - well, the "aliens mussing with my ancestor's DNA" thing wouldn't be that big of a deal; she'd find THAT part of it vaugely interesting. The "and we're going to eat you" part that she'd have issues with. Insert standard superheroics here.

Shinji Miromoto - "Right, I'm outta here." He'd probably sense the incoming danger via his daily precognitive rituals; assuming he got a good enough read as to the specifics, he'd jump the Dark Dimension until it was all sorted out. Then he'd feel guilty, and start waging a gurillia war from the other side of the dimensional barriers.

Heheh. I have a character that I have yet to play called Professor Grey. Yes, He's a Mutant. But Suppress or Drain is limited with his mutation, as his Tail is inherent, so only the 1" of stretching on it would be affected. I wonder if these Aliens have any way of dealing with summoned 500pt Elementals and 500pt Demons? It's a real pain when your food has learned the art of the Diabolist.

The Specter may be a mutant, but he's also over 150 years old, and has mastered Okinawan Karate to the degree that he can put a hole in most brick walls. Now, hopefully he can just convince Georgie-boy that after having taken care of that unfortunate incident under NORAD, he might owe the Specter a favour or two, and to lend his mutant citizens a hand. They may be mutants, but many (if not most) are also Americans.

Whisper. "For once, Mistress Bethany, we are in agreement. Mr Alien, while I am thankfull for the seasoning you provided for my food, I cannot allow you too take it away. I wonder how you taste..."

Facet, Gee and Inertia are just plain screwed. All three are mutants who rely heavily on their powers to be effective.

Weldun. As a rather solitary fellow, would probably do some very stupid things just to get into HtH with the enemy, and then start hacking his way throught them one by one. He's a simple creature, really.

Polecat. Check with Bleak and find out everything that he has on file about this group, unless of course that these aliens are the ones who conquered the Burani Protectorate. Either way, take the fight to the enemy, paying particular attention to potentially capturing any of the upper echelons. He's fairly certain that they don't possess a hunting permit. He's placed earth under the Protectorate's protections, being the ranking (the only) Peacekeeper in the Sector, and Burani law is quite clear on the matter of consuming sentients.

hmm - Vitus would be conflicted. It would certainly be one way to get rid of all these spell-like-abilities-gifted freaks that so offend his sense of "you have to *work* to earn your powers" but he'ld probably reluctantly agree to do something about it, if only to put a swifter end to all the irritating noise of flying saucer battles, screaming mutant cattle-drives, etc.