Two Silly Questions

Vestnik

Re: Two Silly Questions

1. If I buy an Adder to a power' date=' does the Adder add to the power's END cost as well?[/quote']

Just about certain the asnwer to this is Yes.

2. Can one buy advantages and limitations for a Martial Maneuver? Seems truly cheesy' date=' but is it possible?[/quote']

No answer at this time. I've never considered that, and I'd want to look at the rules.

The only thing like this I've done is bought martial manuvers for something in a Multiform, but that's not the same thing as you're asking here.

1. Yes.

2. Yes, though the rules are extremely complex. Advantages can be added to Martial Maneuvers, but you need to calculate the "Active Cost" of the Maneuver via a rather lengthy series of rules in UMA. Limitations cannot be added directly to Maneuvers, but can be placed on a "style" (10 or more points of Maneuvers). All covered in UMA.

Simon seems to've covered it, but in case you were looking for an official answer:

1. Yes.

2. See UMA 104-05 re: Advantages. Limitations are *much* less likely to be allowed by a GM, but I'm sure we can all see some circumstances where they'd at least be given consideration (e.g., mystic gem that grants possessor knowledge of the fighting arts -- an OAF).

2. See UMA 104-05 re: Advantages. Limitations are *much* less likely to be allowed by a GM' date=' but I'm sure we can all see some circumstances where they'd at least be given consideration (e.g., mystic gem that grants possessor knowledge of the fighting arts -- an OAF).[/quote']

I could also easily see such Limitations as Concentration, Incantations, Side Effects (for injurying yourself after failing to pull off a move right), and my personal favorite Increased Endurance Cost! Nothing quite like an exhausting Autofire Martial Strike.

I see no reason a character cannot buy martial maneuvers, or an entire package, as Only in Hero ID; if you're a sentai character who has to transform before you're any use in a fight, you would have that.

One could buy other skills in OIHID, I imagine, though it would be dodgier and more of a GM call; Captain Marvel knows many things about tactics, strategy, history and other related subjects that Billy Batson does not, so it would be a perfect match. (And the mental abilities of the Big Red Cheese are generally much cannier than Billy's -- after all, "the Wisdom of Solomon" is one of his six core powers -- so his transformation would give him a substantial INT and Perception boost as well.)

I see no reason a character cannot buy martial maneuvers' date=' or an entire package, as [i']Only in Hero ID[/i]; if you're a sentai character who has to transform before you're any use in a fight, you would have that.

One could buy other skills in OIHID, I imagine, though it would be dodgier and more of a GM call; Captain Marvel knows many things about tactics, strategy, history and other related subjects that Billy Batson does not, so it would be a perfect match. (And the mental abilities of the Big Red Cheese are generally much cannier than Billy's -- after all, "the Wisdom of Solomon" is one of his six core powers -- so his transformation would give him a substantial INT and Perception boost as well.)

Actually, in both cases, I'd start to argue that's perfect example of Multiform. Especially since Captain Marvel is a 6'+ adult with the physique of a Greek god, while Billy Batson is a (what? 12 year-old?) paperboy.