Mexican Vampires

Grimble

Re: Mexican Vampires

The power set...

Winds of Chibalba Multi (62)

u Wind of terror Mind controll:Empathic,fixed command:Fear 10D6 REnd>1/2

u Wind of Horror Drain :Pres 2D6 ranged,AE: 1 hex,Delayed recovery (per min.) REnd>1/2

u Flint knife wind RKA 2D6 AE:1 hex,PEN

u Freezing wind E-Atk 12D6 (ED) No KB

u Sanguin repair Heal 5D6, Limbs,Self only,OIF: Blood (around a quart or so)

Note he dos not need to drink it, he coulld say stand in a puddle of blood and repair himself...

Undead +20 Pres offensive only (-1/2)

Undead LS- non breathing (one of the horrors of chibalba is constant plagues, so no immunity to disease or several other things)

Undead LS- low temp

Undead DR 6/6

Unnatural vigor +3" running and jumping

Fangs and claws HKA 1D6 REnd>0

Sanguin aura DR x1/2 PDr Not vs wood -1/2 (yah, stakes can kill him)

sanguin aura 2 DR x 1/2 EDr Not vs Fire -1/2 (Flamethrowers work real good too!)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DIsadds...plenty, he's a villian who cares?

Distinc looks Major,extreme,concealable

No knowlage of modern world (this gets bought off if he survives a while)

Malevelent evil,irat (so for example if he could escape clean, but sees a NPC he can flay with his knives...he goes for the murder, even if it means his doom...)

Unluck 3D6 (Acursed)

Phys lim: Cannot heal normally (needs sanguin repair to heal)

Hunted: The good guys/all right thinking folk (11)

Sucept: Sunlight 3D6 also does body

Vuln: Fire, stun and body

Vuln: Silver and Flint stun and body

Blood drinker bonus to pay any additional costs...

around 390 points total

He is meant as a serious threat for one hero, a challenge for a pair, but no match for a team...thats why he has Lesser vamps,Lucha Mummys and swams of bats as followers!

Thanks pinecone! With a few tweaks, I will use this Mayan Vampire as one of the Vampire Lord's Lts. The Pre-Aztec Vampire Lord I will be using as the major villian will be powerful enough to threaten my entire PC supergroup. This will be VERY powerful. I have 8 450+ superheroes in the group plus 1 more that shows up sporatically. This makes for a really tough and powerful villian, but I do want a Doctor Doom/Darkseid type Supervillian. He will have many followers,bases and lots of NCI and wealth. Even so, He will have plenty of raw power.

Ideas on some of this raw power I should build into a Pre-Aztec Vampire/sorcerer with goals of Godhood?

Hmm, let me think back to "my" Mictlantecuhtli. As I recall he had formidable Mental Powers. The drugs that he fed his cultists gave them Vulnerabilities to Mictie's Mind Control and to his Presence Attacks, so he could master them completely and inspire large groups to fanatical frenzy. He was also skilled with illusory magics (Mental Illusions and Images), which he used to create "visions" out of Meso-American myth, to awe or terrify.

Mictie had considerable power over darkness. He could create Darkness zones to blind and confuse his foes, and could blot out the sun over an area the size of a large city. Under Fifth Edition I'd run this as Change Environment to create -4 Sight Perception penalties, equivalent to night. This power also shielded himself and his lesser vampires from the effects of daylight.

The Big M had formidable physical prowess, but he could augment that by draining the blood of living victims. I built this as a large BODY Transfer to several combat stats simultaneously (IIRC that included STR, DEX, CON, SPD, END and STUN).

He could also Summon some of his minions, such as vampires and were-jaguars. For 5E I'd make them Slavishly Devoted.

He carried several powerful enchanted items into battle: a round jaguar-skin shield, a vicious macahuitl (obsidian-edged club), and an atlatl that hurled "ghost darts" (NND Does Body).

Thanks pinecone! With a few tweaks, I will use this Mayan Vampire as one of the Vampire Lord's Lts. The Pre-Aztec Vampire Lord I will be using as the major villian will be powerful enough to threaten my entire PC supergroup. This will be VERY powerful. I have 8 450+ superheroes in the group plus 1 more that shows up sporatically. This makes for a really tough and powerful villian, but I do want a Doctor Doom/Darkseid type Supervillian. He will have many followers,bases and lots of NCI and wealth. Even so, He will have plenty of raw power.

Ideas on some of this raw power I should build into a Pre-Aztec Vampire/sorcerer with goals of Godhood?

What sort of damage ceiling is normal for you?......the plagues of Chibalba could easaly turn into a Honking big AE Drain with personal immunity...

How do you plan to fight a team? DR? or "lots O' speed"? I think a "Blood draing damage sheild" would be fun...it pulls the blood right out of your pores if you get too close...as if he's a sanguin black hole!

Mental powers are cool, but I avoid them because its not so much fun for the target,hard to feel all heroey if you're a drooling minion...

How about a damage sheild "Dark sun aura" Drain:Life energy (Dex,Body,End, and Stun) all at once +2,continue +1, Damage sheild +1/2, REnd +1/2 thats what 50 points a die...so 2D6 is 100 points of damage sheind, if that won't give the heros pause ....well....Dang!

How about a big energy blast of negative energy.....E-atk 18D6' date=' 8 charges, charges are recovered by torturing some one to death....built into his cerimonial flint knife...[/quote']

I love this E-att! To answer a couple of your questions,pinecone. The biggest attack on the PC side is a 20d6 EB of "Sparks" (Think of the end of a sparkler when lit and multiply it by 1000 and shoot it in a stream out of your hands). She does have it with gestures (Arms pionted at target and wrists together, hands pointed out to each side).

There is a PC with Telepathy and Mental Images, so I don't feel bad giving the Vamp Lord a few mental powers.

Grimble

How about a damage sheild "Dark sun aura" Drain:Life energy (Dex' date='Body,End, and Stun) all at once +2,continue +1, Damage sheild +1/2, REnd +1/2 thats what 50 points a die...so 2D6 is 100 points of damage sheind, if that won't give the heros pause ....well....Dang![/quote']

Wow! Nasty! I think I'm going to use this one. Dang!:nonp:

Grimble

If all else fails' date=' they can start smuggling Hostess cupcakes to the luchadores.

Let's face it, luchadores with cupcakes can beat anybody.

For that site alone, you deserve rep.

Thus -- take a smack from the rep stick!

EDIT: Sadly, I can't rep you. Must spread it around yadda yadda -- maybe someone else can give you what you deserve?

Wow! Nasty! I think I'm giong to use this one. Dang!:nonp:

Grimble

Glad you like it...sounds like your heros are at the "gloves are off,brass nuckles are on" level of power....Damage sheilds are a nice "stealth" way for a single baddie to rock a super teams world.

I usually use a villian team, but the "basics" are "Lots o' speed" (I hate this one)....Big damage reduction (I use this all the time, it works extra nice if the heros have a lot of damage variance, with DR the little attacks work about as good as the big ones)....and...Damage sheild....you might need to add in Pen if your heros like the special defences....

"Eyes of doom!" Mental illusion:Fixed; see all your friends as Vamped out flunkys of the Black sun...15+D6 it decays overtime...I'd look at continue charges....... "Blue streak,whats wrong? Can't you see who I am?" "You bet I can see you freak!" (add in big VOOOM)

I don't think I can use the Dark Aura. It would seriously impede Mictlan's dealings in the drug trade...I know he could just use proxies, now. In the beginning he would have had to build himself up as a Drug Lord.

Keep in mind that he has 2 IDs. The business man/drug lord. And the Cult leader/God of the Dead.

Grimble

De nada...I was just confused...will you be posting your final product(s)?...I'd love to rob you if I could...;)

I sure will. I'm still working on most of the write-ups, but will keep you posted. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

• 9 months later...