Mexican Vampires

Grimble

I am planning on having a small group of Mexican Superheroes contact my PCs for help with a vampire infestation in a number of villages. The situation is getting dire. Blah. Blah. Blah...

The reason for the post is I would like suggestions on how to build vampires for a Supers game. I need a Vampire Lord, 2nd teir vamps turned by the Lord, and 3rd teir vamps turned by 2nd teir or lower vamps.

Any and all help will be much appreciated!

Grimble, Diabolical GM of Darkness!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Major Tom

Re: Mexican Vampires

A fitting addition to any Champions campaign set South of the border, especi-

ally since some of the baddies that the El Santo of the movies had to face at

least once were vampires (IIRC).

Major Tom :eg:

Fangs for the memories...

Doesn't anyone have any suggestions for Mexican Super-Vampires? I got a lot of use out of the thread Lord Liaden pointed out, but I am looking for something more like John Carpenter's Vampires meets El Santo meets the X-Men.

Can you feel me,folks?

Grimble

In a past campaign of mine one of my major villains was a pre-Aztec era vampire and sorceror who had masqueraded as Mictlantecuhtli, God of Death and the Underworld. Mictlantecuhtli attempted to create an empire worshipping him as a living god, but was overthrown by his own sorceror-priests and entombed in a step-pyramid lost in the jungle. In the late 20th Century he was discovered and accidentally revived by an archaeologist. Escaping into the strange modern world, Mictlantecuhtli concluded that organized crime was the quickest way to gain power. He created the identity of Miguel Mictlan and began to muscle his way into the Mexican drug trade.

By the time my PC heroes encountered him, Mictlan had largely taken control of the country's drug trafficking. He had a number of bought operatives highly placed in the Mexican government and business community. Mictlantecuhtli had also revived his old cult, and his followers included other vampires, spell-casting priests, and were-jaguars. Miguel Mictlan's drugs were tainted by Mictlantecuhtli's spells to bring visions of the "god" to its users, as a way to lure vulnerable people to his cult and keep them physically as well as emotionally hooked. By this means he had expanded his powerbase into the United States, which is what brought the PCs into conflict with him.

Mictlantecuhtli's ultimate plan was to gain enough of a following to overthrow the Mexican government, and then round up some of the country's teaming millions for a mighty blood sacrifice that would return the country to its pre-Columbian state, with himself as its living god. As it turned out the PCs thwarted the first part of his plan, which didn't stop him from trying to skip right to the second part.

There was a Mexican movie called "Samson vs the Vampire Women" which was turned into a famous MST3K episode (TV's Frank's last show). I don't remember much except the vampire women could be fought by a wrestler with a pure heart and were pretty easy to kill in their coffins (they couldn't defend themselves against a shirtless man with a mask, cape, and torch).

I've seen the Rifts suppliment you mentioned, CasualPlayer (I used to work in a gaming store and read anything that looked interesting). If the PCs really botch everything, there might well end up being a Mexican Vampire Nation. For their sake, I hope they do at least a few things right.

Grimble

All right. I'm going to give the Vampire Lord enough points to be more than a match for my entire PC team. His 2nd teir vamps wil be about the same starting points ofthe characters (450 pts), I want the 3rd teir vamps to be dangerous to normals, but push-overs to the PCs. 150+ or around there.

I like the idea of the Vampire Lord having sorcerer/priests and were-jaguars as followers, too. How many points, and what kind of powers should a were-jaguar have?

BTW Lord Liaden. Do you mind if I use your Mictlantecuhlti/Miguel Mictlan pre-Aztec vampire idea. It fits pretty close to what I was giong to do, and I just love the idea of a drug lord/Vampire Lord/cult leader who aspires to Godhood!

Grimble

You're more than welcome to use my concept. I always assume that anything I offer on the forums is fair game (in a non-profit format, of course). I'm always flattered when someone finds something I create useful. :o

Do you have access to any of the compilations of spells and creatures written for 5E HERO? That would make it easy to suggest some readymade things that might be appropriate to use.

To be honest, all I have, so far, is the 5E Rev. I do plan on picking up more of the recent books, now that I am running,again. I have been playing Champions since the early 90s and have run MANY campaigns. It's pretty easy for me to whip stuff up from even te most general suggestions. I'll take whatever you're willing to throw at me!

Grimble

Well, let's see... for creatures, my first suggestion would Matt's Champions Page, by Mathew Ignash. The specific section I'm linking to, "Racial Packages" (center column) has 5E Package Deals for all manner of Lycanthropes from a variety of sources, as well as packages for a number of types of Vampires. That might be a good start. (One note of caution: the links on Matt's site are sometimes cranky, and may take you to his homepage instead. Just go Back and try the link again.)

For magic spells, I would think Necromancy, Shamanism and perhaps some animal-related nature magic would be appropriate. I'm going to point you to Mark "Markdoc" Doherty's marvelous online Ultimate Grimoire, a huge collection of pregenerated HERO spells, artifacts and more. It's very well organized - check the "Spell Index" link to find the types of magic that sound promising. These are meant for Fantasy games, so you might want to adjust them for supers; boost the power level, remove a few Limitations, that sort of thing.

Let me know if this is the sort of help you want. I'll see what else pertinent I can find.

The stat block, as a revelant from Chibalba, and a Lucha villian they're top end human rather than Super...

ST 25

Dex 23

Con 25

Body 12

Int 13

Ego 15 (may need to raise this)

Pre 15 (35)

Coml 10

PD 15

ED 15

Spd 5

Rec 10

End 50

Stun 38

Total cost 143

Skilz...kind of light...but He's been locked in a tomb for centurys...

PS: High priest

Lang: Spanish 2 (Native is Mayan...why can he speak spanish?...all lucha villians do, why queation it?)

KS: Mayan rituals

Stealth

Breakfall

Survival:Jungle (hardly needed now, but still known)

Interrogation

Oratory

Seduction

Concealment

Mayan Lucha (a primative brutal style)

Basic strike

Martial grab

Grapling throw (must follow)

Crush (must follow)

Escape

+3 DC w/Lucha