A character able to hold her own in a team?

Ragdoll

Hi. [smiles] I designed this character for fun, but I'm wondering how helpful she'd be with other 350 point characters. Assuming some, if not all of them, will have super powers?

Name: Falcon

Alias: Lisa Anne Fields

Appearance:

STATS

14 STR (04)

20 DEX (30)

20 CON (20)

17 BOD (14)

20 INT (10)

17 EGO (14)

20 PRE (10)

14 COM (02)

8 PD (05)

8 ED (05)

4 SPD (20)

10 REC (06)

40 END (00)

44 STN (10) [150]

-POWERS/SKILLS-

Combat Training:

19 Martial Arts-Aikido

Throw (2 1/2D + v/5 strike; target falls) +1 DCV

Hold (STR 24 for holds) -1 DCV, -1 OCV

Strike(2 1/2D strike) +3 DCV, +1 OCV

Dodge (Dodge, abort) +5 DCV

Escape(STR 29 vs. grabs)

6 Combat Skill Level +2 with Aikido.

5 Combat Skill Level +1 with Ranged combat.

5 Defense Maneuver

5 +1 with all DEX Skills

5 +1 with all INT Skills

9 Armor: +8 PD/+8 ED; OIF: (-1/2), Act 14- (-1/2), Half mass (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4). [uniform]

5 Characteristic: +10 PRE; only to resist presense attacks. (-1)

4 Clinging: normal strength; Cannot be used to reduce KB

(-1/4), Only to 'perch' (-1/2), Requires climbing roll (-1/2).

3 Ultraviolet Perception; OIF (-1/2) [uniform mask]

8 Flash Defense vs. sight and hearing: 5 points each; IIF (-1/4). [uniform Mask]

9 Hand to Hand Attack +4d vs. ED; Hand to hand attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), 10 charges (-1/4). [uniform Gloves]

43 VVP: 32 points; Only changes at base (-1/2) [Gadget Pool stores]

-

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Acting 13-

3 Analyze 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Bugging 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Computer Programming 14-

3 Criminology 14-

3 Electronics 14-

3 Forensic Medicine 14-

3 High Society 13-

3 Interrogation 13-

2 Language: Japanese

2 Language: Spanish

2 Language: French

3 Lockpicking 14-

3 Security Systems 14-

3 Steetwise 13-

3 Stealth 14-

2 KS: Undetermined 11-

5 Well off

2 Contact: Undetermined12-

1 Contact: Undetermined11-

-DISADVANTAGES-

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity; Frequently, severe

10 Reputation: No nonsense vigilante; 14-, small group: criminal element

05 Distinctive Features: Costume; EC, noticed, recognized

15 DNPC: Fraternal twin sister; Normal, 11-, unaware, useful skills

15 DNPC: Father; Incompetant, 8-, unaware, useful skills

10 Rivalry: Fraternal twin sister. (romantic and professional), Rival just as powerful, Character seeks to outdo, Rival aware of rivalry.

15 Psychological Limitation: Reluctant to Kill; Common, Strong.

10 Psychological Limitation: Charitable; Common, Moderate.

10 Psychological Limitation: Deceptive; Common, Moderate.

20 Psychological Limitation: Devoted to Justice; Very Common, Strong.

Any feedback is appreciated. [smiles]

Ragdoll.

I would consider making her a bit more combat capable. Otherwise, she will hit a fight scene, and you (the player) will spend a lot of time twiddling your thumbs.

Yes, she is useful out of combat. Other characters may encroach on her shtick though, and still be better fighters.

Clearly, you have built her as a non-powered "normal", with the appropriate characteristic limits and all that kind of thing. What I would say is: don't. She can still be a "normal" (although a very exceptional one) and still go over 20 DEX and 4 SPD. Her CV is good because of her skills, but I would definitely consider pushing up her SPD a little, if only to ensure you get a bit more of the GM's attention in combat.

Similarly I would extend her ability to inflict damage a bit. At the moment she is only barely able to take down tough normals. Her martial arts can be used to set up attacks for other characters (reducing Combat Values and so on), but that's still a rather limited role.

Regretably, all Champions characters need to be able to usefully engage in combat. Being the gadgeteer that whips out the Deus Ex Machina device is good in the comics, but it's not usually viable in a game. :(

Alan

Make her STR 15 (You'll gain 1/2d6 damage)

Lower her EGO to 14.

Lower her BODY to 13.

Increase her SPD to 5.

Buy a couple of Damage Classes for her martial arts, or buy Offensive Strike to supplement the Martial Strike. She needs to hit harder to be viable in a superhero world.

Buy Martial Block. It's the lighly defended character's friend.

Without knowing what kind of gadgets you have in mind, it's hard to evaluate that aspect. But a 32 point gadget pool isn't going to build very impressive weapons.

You need to be able to deliver at least 8d6 damage to be viable in most campaigns. As is this character would be useful mostly against normals. If that's how you envision her or the level your campaign is at, fine. But if it's a superheroic campaign she's mostly going to be a victim (Read: Robin from Batman &...) and will spend most of her time unconscious or captive. That's seldom fun. I applaud your obvious desire to build a heavily skill-based superheroine, but that's hard to make work unless you have the active cooperation of the GM. Otherwise often it's an exercise in futility. (I speak from experience here; I ran a low powered female ninja for 6 years.)

Running low-defense characters can be tough if you don't have the DEX and SPD to make it work. I currently run a character with lower defenses than yours (12 PD/12 ED), but she also has a 43 DEX and a 9 SPD to help her avoid damage. Your character is slower and clumsier than many bricks. This is not a winning combination.

I'd definitely take the activation roll off the armor. I completely respect characters who don't include "getting hit in the face" in their job descriptions, but in my opinion, it's suicide not to have at least a little bit of resistant defenses you can always count on to keep your insides on the inside when the GM rolls well.

Otherwise, go huge on DCV. Buy up 5-point DCV combat skill levels so that your passive defense is more reliable. I'd also recommend picking up Legsweep, it's a great one-two combo when you've got someone else on your side who can capitalize on the enemy's half DCV after you sweep them. And definitely buy some more martial damage classes. Four points each, and they add to damage, Grab and Escape Strength, Disarm Strength, etc. The +HTH damage on the gloves is a good idea but I don't see why it's bought with charges?

This looks like an excellent utility character to have in a group. Increase your Speed, increase your DCV, increase your martial damage classes. Then play to complement your teammates. Legsweep people so that they heavy hitters can land their hits. Disarm people who have focuses. Grab people who use gestures. Pick up the Teamwork skill so that you can help your teammates stun enemies. Nerve Strike/Choke Hold might be wise purchases for you as well. I've seen people mention a maneuver called Flying Dodge that's in The Ultimate Martial Artist, which I don't own, but I've heard it's great for light-armor types (anyone have the specifics?).

You might want to pick up Invisibility (Requires a Stealth Roll) to give you more of a better first-strike capability. Find Weakness could also go a long way towards compensating for this character's fewer raw dice in damage.

You should buy takedown. It is much like legsweep, but has the bonus of being in your MA Style. I would buy Combat Luck(always helpful and not technically a power), I would also drop your INT and DEX skill levels and take +1 with all skills(8 pts) or +1 Overall level(10 pts).

John Spencer

This character is stretched too thin IMO.

Also, how is Half Mass a limitation on the armor? It weighs less so its worse? I dont see it....

Add Fast Strike and Flying Dodge to your Martial Arts, dropping Dodge. Stand near corners and other forms of cover/concealment -- because as it is you cant take a hit. Fast Strike is +2 OCV and +2d6 so you can put your Akido levels into DCV without sacrificing offensive capability or go all offensive and be pretty sure of hitting.

Either pay 1 more point for STR 15 or drop to STR 10 and buy a HtH Damage Class. Obviously the figureds will work out better with the former, but there is no real reason to have a 14 Strength. 13 will get you the 1/2D6, 15 will get you the full D6.

Add Scholar

Add Linguist (points are the same, and if you want to add a language later you are better off)

With that many skills, try as hard as you can to shake loose 10 points for an Overall level. If you look at your combat levels, consider rolling the Range level and 1 of the Aikido levels into an Overall level, scaring up the extra 2 points from somewhere else (like byu adding Scholar). Suddenly, your character becomes significantly more adroit.

Suck some points out of FD: Hearing. 1 or 2 points is sufficient -- you dont really need to hear in combat usually.

Add 6 to 8 inches of Swinging via a Swingline gun (OIF, maybe with charges) -- it will combine nicely with your strange perching ability.

Add 5 inches of Leaping RSR: Acrobatics (-1/2)

Seriously reconsider the Gadget Pool at this juncture. Does it really benefit the character more than just spending those points outright? My opinion is that VPP are great when they are big, and of limited usefulness when they are small (due to the AP cap).

Re: A character able to hold her own in a team?

Originally posted by Ragdoll

15 Psychological Limitation: Reluctant to Kill; Common, Strong.

Everyone else has covered the skills/abilities subject pretty well. So...

Unless a character has pscyh lims which are "stronger", all characters, IIRC, have a reluctance to kill by default (and for no points).

As a GM I would ask that this be changed.

Just my two cents.

Take care,

Harry

Okay, here's what I came up with for the revision. [smiles] I tried to add in and incoporate all the suggestions, but I had a few problems. I'm not sure what takedown is statistic wise or how much is will cost, and the same goes for Fast strike and flying dodge.

But what I've come up with, I'm hoping will compensate. I had her go just a 'hair' into the high tech domain with the SFB, the Synaptic Feedback Booster. I gave it a limitation, so she can't use it all the time, though. So it allows her to compete, but still keeps her 'human' and mostly just a well trained normal. Her skill in Aikido has been enhanced, I added in extra skill levels with it and added an overall level. She now has +4 DC with her martial art, increasing the damage of her defensive strike to 7d. Combined with 'zap gloves' this can reach 11d. The Endurance reserve is new, and represents the SFB's internal battery. It will only recharge once all the stored energy is dumped. Her armor is a bit more cutting edge, but still gets damaged so she needs to take care of it, and is full coverage now.

She's also a bit quicker on her feet with a +2 in running. I took Shrike's line gun suggestion, and made it into a MP, giving her things like super leap..for travelling upward with it, and swinging, plus a bonus to her climbing roll represented by the line gun cord.

The only thing left is a significantly reduced VPP, coming in at 13 points for a total of 17 cost. The pool represent's 'little extra' items..like smoke, tangle or gas grenades, and a host of other 'minor' use powers, likely effective against lesser NPC's.

I'd planned to increase the pool slowly, letting her utilize more powerful gadgets or a wider assortment of lesser gadgets at once.

I also deleted the reluctance to kill psychological limitation, since it was mentioned that all PC's are supposed to have this unless otherwise stated, and replaced it with a Hunted.

Here is the revised Falcon:

Appearance:

STATS

15 STR (05)

19 DEX (27)

20 CON (20)

13 BOD (06)

18 INT (08)

14 EGO (08)

20 PRE (10)

14 COM (02)

8 PD (05)

8 ED (05)

4 SPD (11)

10 REC (06)

40 END (00)

46 STN (14) [128]

-POWERS/SKILLS-

Combat Training:

23 Martial Arts-Aikido

Block (Martial Block) +2 OCV +2 DCV

Throw (3D + v/5 strike; target falls) +1 DCV

Hold (STR 25 for holds) -1 DCV, -1 OCV

Strike(3D strike) +3 DCV, +1 OCV

Escape(STR 30 vs. grabs)

16 +4 Damage Classes with Aikido

9 Combat Skill Level +3 with Aikido.

5 Defense Maneuver

10 +1 Overall level.

14 Armor: +8 PD/+8 ED; OIF: (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4). [uniform]

5 Characteristic: +4 DEX; IIF: Synaptic Feedback Booster (SFB)

(-1/4), Uses END (+1/2), Side Effect: character takes 3D stun

when she stops using the power, automatically (-1/2).

4 Characteristic: +1 SPD;IIF: Synaptic Feedback Booster (SFB)

(-1/4), Uses END (+1/2), Side Effect: character takes 3D end

when she stops using the power, automatically (-1/2),

Linked to +4 DEX (-1/2).

4 Running: +2" (8" total).

4 Flash Defense vs. sight: 5 points; IIF (-1/4).

[uniform Mask]

2 Flash Defense vs. hearing: 2 points; IIF (-1/4). +2 points

saved. [uniform Mask]

9 Hand to Hand Attack +4d vs. ED; Hand to hand attack

(-1/2), OIF (-1/2), 10 charges (-1/4). [uniform gloves]

7 Endurance Reserve: 50 END, REC 2; Only recovers once END

reserve is completely empty (-1/4) (internal SFB power

reserve)

4 Multipower: Multipurpose Swing Line Gun; [8 points] OAF

(-1).

1u Swinging: 8"

1u Superleap: +8" (7" upward); only carries user upward

(-1/2), No NCM (-1/4)

1u +4 to climbing rolls

17 VPP: 13 points; Only changes at base (-1/2) [Gadget Pool stores]

-

3 Scholar

3 Linguist

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Acting 13-

3 Analyze 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Bugging 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Criminology 14-

3 Electronics 14-

3 Forensic Medicine 14-

3 High Society 13-

3 Interrogation 13-

1 Language: Japanese

1 Language: Spanish

1 Language: French

3 Lockpicking 14-

3 Security Systems 14-

3 Steetwise 13-

3 Stealth 14-

1 KS: Undetermined 11-

5 Well off

-DISADVANTAGES-

10 Rivalry: Fraternal twin sister. (romantic and professional), Rival just as powerful, Character seeks to outdo, Rival aware of rivalry.

15 Hunted: Black Harlequin; As powerful, appear 11-, desires to kill PC

Is this any better? [wonders] Any further comments are appreciated. [smiles]

Ragdoll

I would consider buying your character's permanent (non-focussed) DEX up to 20, and probably drop her CON to 18.

You would have to recalculate her Synaptic doodad, but I think it's worth her while having a 7 Combat Value outside her focus. It's just too useful.

Oh, here is something that I would have to look up the rules for: I've just noticed that her Hand to Hand Attack is versus ED. I'm not quite sure if that would add to her Martial Arts and Strength damage. It's late, and I can't remember...

Anyway, she's looking quite interesting now.

Alan

This is a much more viable character now. I do still have some qualms about her low SPD though. Martial artists need more SPD because they are going to blow Phases Dodging or Blocking to avoid getting hurt. You might consider buying her "natural" SPD up to a 5, with her "boosted" SPD being 6. We have a martial artist on our team who does it this way, and it works pretty well. (In his case it's "focused chi" rather than bio-enhancement, but the net effect is the same.)

A 13 point VPP is so small I seriously wonder if it's worth spending 17 points for it. Why not try building it as a "gadgets" Multipower with the same points and Limitations? (Changes only at Base, Obvious Accessible Foci) You could probably build a 20 point MP for the same points, and expeience points could go to buy additional slots and eventually increase the size of the pool. First things I'd buy in it: A Flash attack and a small Continuing Darkness field (Smoke bomb). Nothing keeps MAs alive better than blinding their opponents. Trust me on this. :)

Originally posted by assault

I would consider buying your character's permanent (non-focussed) DEX up to 20, and probably drop her CON to 18.

You would have to recalculate her Synaptic doodad, but I think it's worth her while having a 7 Combat Value outside her focus. It's just too useful.

Oh, here is something that I would have to look up the rules for: I've just noticed that her Hand to Hand Attack is versus ED. I'm not quite sure if that would add to her Martial Arts and Strength damage. It's late, and I can't remember...

Anyway, she's looking quite interesting now.

Alan

Thanks. [smiles] I took the zap glove thingy from the 5th ed book. It says, I think it's in the Hand to Hand attack power listing, that a HtH attack can be defined as ED, and in that case the character can use her hand to hand damage and apply it to her target's ED. I think they said you should check with the GM, in case they may not like that, though.

I'll see if I can bump the DEX back to 20, and put the CON down a notch. It shouldn't be too hard to do. [smiles]

Originally posted by Trebuchet

This is a much more viable character now. I do still have some qualms about her low SPD though. Martial artists need more SPD because they are going to blow Phases Dodging or Blocking to avoid getting hurt. You might consider buying her "natural" SPD up to a 5, with her "boosted" SPD being 6. We have a martial artist on our team who does it this way, and it works pretty well. (In his case it's "focused chi" rather than bio-enhancement, but the net effect is the same.)

A 13 point VPP is so small I seriously wonder if it's worth spending 17 points for it. Why not try building it as a "gadgets" Multipower with the same points and Limitations? (Changes only at Base, Obvious Accessible Foci) You could probably build a 20 point MP for the same points, and expeience points could go to buy additional slots and eventually increase the size of the pool. First things I'd buy in it: A Flash attack and a small Continuing Darkness field (Smoke bomb). Nothing keeps MAs alive better than blinding their opponents. Trust me on this. :)

Hi. [smiles] I'd originally set it to five in this second incarnation, then I remembered I wanted to keep her within the Normal Characteristic Maxima guidelines, and that meant either, buying extra speed through the focus like I did, or buying it up the hard way and spending 20 points to get it to speed 5. So, I compromised with the focus. While, I understand the need for higher speed, I'd much rather have her speed at 4, and not have to deal with this focus, but I understand that she may not be very usful to a team as such a speed of 4. [smiles sadly]

As for the VPP. You're likely correct, but I don't think I have enough points to convert it into a MP. With the points I have, I can carry a couple of continuing darkness fields defined as smoke grenades. She originally carried the following naked powers (ie: not inside a MP).

11 Darkeness 4" radius; OAF: grenade (-1), 2 charges lasting 1 turn each and can be removed by winds or rain (-1 1/4), Range based on strength (-1/4).

11 Entangle 3d; explosion (+1/2), OAF: grenade (-1), Can be missle deflected (-1/4), No Barriers (-1/4), No Defense (-1 1/2), 2 charges (-1 1/4).

12 Energy Blast 4d NND, not vs. Life Support (+1), AE: Radius (+1), 2 charges lasting 1 turn each and can be foiled by rains or wind (-1 1/ 4), OAF: Gas Grenades (-1), Range Based on STR (-1/4)

These were all grenades she usually carried, but I found with the inclusion of the VPP, that she was going over 350 points, so, after looking at the powers, I thought: "Couldn't these powers just be something she 'usually' carries with her but not 'all' the time?" So, I thought that was likely, and so I thought they would be better to remove and just keep them in mind as a few of the things I could use the VPP to create.

Even now, at 13 points, I have the ability to carry at least 'one' of these powers at any given time. But, I'm considering the idea of just transforming it into a multipower. But, I've some questions:

Can I build it as such? :

10 MP: Gadget nick-nacks 20 points; OAF (-1)

1u Darkness: 2"; 2 charges lasting 1 turn each, foiled by rain or winds (-1 1/4), Range based on Strength (-1/4).

---Well..darkness and some sort of 'flash' grenade. That would be 2 powers. [pensive] Hmmm. I'll need to think about this. [smiles] I was going to use the VPP for some 'typical' gadgets like armor piercing throwing blades..perhaps I can put those in as well. [set back to working] I'm fairly certian I can't put the gas grenade or the tangle grenade is this multipower, as they go over the points in the multipower to start with, yes? [asks]

Thanks again for all your input, I'll see what I can rework, and repost Falcon, in a little while. [smiles]

Ragdoll.

Originally posted by Ragdoll

Hi. [smiles] I'd originally set it to five in this second incarnation, then I remembered I wanted to keep her within the Normal Characteristic Maxima guidelines, and that meant either, buying extra speed through the focus like I did, or buying it up the hard way and spending 20 points to get it to speed 5. So, I compromised with the focus. While, I understand the need for higher speed, I'd much rather have her speed at 4, and not have to deal with this focus, but I understand that she may not be very usful to a team as such a speed of 4. [smiles sadly]

As for the VPP. You're likely correct, but I don't think I have enough points to convert it into a MP. With the points I have, I can carry a couple of continuing darkness fields defined as smoke grenades. She originally carried the following naked powers (ie: not inside a MP).

11 Darkeness 4" radius; OAF: grenade (-1), 2 charges lasting 1 turn each and can be removed by winds or rain (-1 1/4), Range based on strength (-1/4).

11 Entangle 3d; explosion (+1/2), OAF: grenade (-1), Can be missle deflected (-1/4), No Barriers (-1/4), No Defense (-1 1/2), 2 charges (-1 1/4).

12 Energy Blast 4d NND, not vs. Life Support (+1), AE: Radius (+1), 2 charges lasting 1 turn each and can be foiled by rains or wind (-1 1/ 4), OAF: Gas Grenades (-1), Range Based on STR (-1/4)

These were all grenades she usually carried, but I found with the inclusion of the VPP, that she was going over 350 points, so, after looking at the powers, I thought: "Couldn't these powers just be something she 'usually' carries with her but not 'all' the time?" So, I thought that was likely, and so I thought they would be better to remove and just keep them in mind as a few of the things I could use the VPP to create.

Even now, at 13 points, I have the ability to carry at least 'one' of these powers at any given time. But, I'm considering the idea of just transforming it into a multipower. But, I've some questions:

Can I built it as such? :

10 MP: Gadget nick-nacks 20 points; OAF (-1)

1u Darkness: 2"; 2 charges lasting 1 turn each, foiled by rain or winds (-1 1/4), Range based on Strength (-1/4).

---Well..darkness and some sort of 'flash' grenade. That would be 2 powers. [pensive] Hmmm. I'll need to think about this. [smiles] I was going to use the VPP for some 'typical' gadgets like armor piercing throwing blades..perhaps I can put those in as well. [set back to working] I'm fairly certian I can't put the gas grenade or the tangle grenade is this multipower, as they go over the points in the multipower to start with, yes? [asks]

Thanks again for all your input, I'll see what I can rework, and repost Falcon, in a little while. [smiles]

Ragdoll.

Normal Characteristics Maxima is not the same thing as the Maximum before you are considered Superhuman. You are playing a hero. You probably aren't normal. If you have it, refer to Champions Genre Book, page 58: Speed 4-5 Competent, 6-7 Legendary, 8+ Superhuman. Your character is by no means breaking into Superhuman characteristics. You do have room to buy them up.

The Multipower is even cheaper than this when you remember to buy extra time to change, rsr, and only in lab. The Multipower form of Gadget Pool is exceptionally cheap. Generally, Variable Power Pools at low points are very inefficient means to produce an effect.

As far as the many suggestions to up your DEX and SPD, I would offer this advice: first consider the average for the campaign, and then go an increment above that. If its not enough you can buy it up later.

If you dial in the big Dex and Spd relative to the campaign, you force the GM to dial up the Dex and Spd and/or the Defences of at least some of the opposition, particularly the main baddy. This also puts the other PCs at a disadvantage, winning you no favors there.

Its seldom advisable to throw down with the uber-nasty character because if you are too effective you skew the entire campaign and force an arms race effect with the NPCs.

If you want to be agile and faster than normal, but not too durable ask the GM what a good DEX and SPD is for such a character in the campaign they envision. Further, if it later turns out to be too slow or too fast you've at least involved the GM in the decision, and since he is partially responsible for any imbalance in either way he should be amenable to helping you rectify the situation with a "fix" or with experience.

Just as a basis for comparison, let me show my execution of a similar concept. This is Blood Orchid, a ninja I'm currently using as a heroine in a PBEM game (with minor differences) and also as an NPC hero in my own campaign. Blood Orchid is closely based off the ninja character I played for 6 years; albeit with more points since Spirit Ninja was built originally under 3rd Edition Champions and was only 250 points plus 75 experience when I retired her in 1990. You could easily drop the Killing attacks since they are not conceptual for your character.

Blood Orchid

Player: Steve Willson (Trebuchet)

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
26 DEX 48
23 CON 26
13 BODY 6
18 INT 8
11 EGO 2
20 PRE 10
14 COM 2
11/16 PD 2
11/16 ED 0
6 SPD 24
9 REC 2
38 END -4
36 STUN 3
9" RUN03" SWIM08" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 134

Cost Power END
Ninja Costume, all slots: OIF (-1/2), Real Equipment (-1/4)
8 1) Kevlar Costume: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points)
2 2) UV Goggles: Ultraviolet Perception (5 Active Points); Flashed as Sight (-1/2)
7 3) Radio Transceiver: High Range Radio Perception (12 Active Points)
3 4) Polarized Goggles: Flash Defense (5 points) (Sight Group) (5 Active Points)
4 5) Glider Cloak: Gliding 11" (11 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4), Turn Mode (-1/4)
25 Ninja Equipment: Multipower, 57-point reserve, all slots: (57 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4)
1u 1) Three-Sectional Staff: (Total: 25 Active Cost, 9 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (15 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus +2 with HTH Combat (Real Cost: 10)
1u 2) Chain Whip: (Total: 24 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) Stretching 2", Does Not Cross Intervening Space (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (17 Active Points); No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +1d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (7 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5)
2u 3) Ninjato: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (45 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)
2u 4) Bow: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. PD), 24 Charges (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (52 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)
1u 5) Throwing Knives: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), +1 STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (26 Active Points); 6 Recoverable Charges (-1/4)
1u 6) Bolos: Entangle 2d6, 7 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks Physical (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Set Effect (Hands Only/Feet Only) (-1), 4 Charges (-1), Nonresistant DEF (-1/4)
1u 7) Stun Grenades: Energy Blast 7d6 (vs. ED), STUN Only (+0), Explosion (+1/2) (52 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)
1u 8) Flash Pellets: Flash 6d6 (Sight Group), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (45 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)
2u 9) Smoke Bombs: Darkness to Sight Group, Infrared Perception, Radar and Nightvision 4" radius, 4 Continuing Charges lasting 5 Minutes each (+0) (55 Active Points); Range Based On Strength (-1/4)
1u 10) Smoke Pellets: Teleportation 9", Position Shift, Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (46 Active Points); 3 Charges (-1 1/4), Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4)
1 Breathing Control: Life Support , Extended Breathing (Hold Breath 15 Minutes)
3 Athletic: Leaping +5" (8" forward, 4" upward) (5 Active Points); Requires Acrobatics Roll (-1/2) 1
1 Athletic: Swimming +1" (3" total) 1
6 Athletic: +3" Running (9" total) 1
Powers Cost: 73

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +6d6 Strike
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +3d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 3d6 NND
3 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +2d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +20 STR to Disarm roll
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
4 Weapon Element: Chain & Rope Weapons, Karate Weapons, Staffs, Three-Section Staff
Martial Arts Cost: 43

Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 14-
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Climbing 14-
3 Lockpicking 14-
3 Stealth 14-
3 Computer Programming 13-
3 Concealment 13-
3 Criminology 13-
3 Deduction 13-
3 Demolitions 13-
3 Disguise 13-
2 Forgery (Documents) 13-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Security Systems 13-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Streetwise 13-
2 KS: Poisons & Toxins 11-
20 +2 Overall
5 +1 with HTH Combat
3 Linguist
0 1) Language: Spanish (Imitate Dialects))
2 2) Language: Italian (idiomatic) (3 Active Points)
3 3) Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
3 4) Language: Arabic (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)
Skills Cost: 85

Cost Perk
3 Federal Marshal: National Police Powers
Perks Cost: 3

Cost Talent
12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)
Talents Cost: 12

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently; Major)
15 Hunted: Kamikage Clan 11- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
15 Reputation: Violent Ninja 11- (Extreme)
20 Hunted: Five Clans Ninja 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
15 Hunted: Islamic Jihad 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Protects Innocents (Very Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Hatred of Terrorists (Uncommon; Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Enjoys Humiliating Opponents (Common; Strong)
20 Dependent NPC: Rosa Chacon & daughter 8- (Incompetent; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Okay, here's final draft of Falcon. Still sped 4, unfortunately, but compensating for it with her suits SFB device. I finally got rid of the VPP, and replaced it with a low cost MP of gadgets.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks. [smiles]

Appearance:

STATS

15 STR (05)

20 DEX (30)

20 CON (20)

14 BOD (08)

19 INT (09)

14 EGO (08)

20 PRE (10)

14 COM (02)

8 PD (05)

8 ED (05)

4 SPD (10)

10 REC (06)

40 END (00)

46 STN (14) [132]

-POWERS/SKILLS-

Combat Training:

23 Martial Arts-Aikido

Block (Martial Block) +2 OCV +2 DCV

Throw (3D + v/5 strike; target falls) +1 DCV

Hold (STR 25 for holds) -1 DCV, -1 OCV

Strike(3D strike) +3 DCV, +1 OCV

Escape(STR 30 vs. grabs)

16 +4 Damage Classes with Aikido

9 Combat Skill Level +3 with Aikido.

5 Defense Maneuver

10 +1 Overall level.

14 Armor: +8 PD/+8 ED; OIF: (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4). [uniform]

5 Characteristic: +4 DEX; IIF: Synaptic Feedback Booster (SFB)

(-1/4), Uses END (+1/2), Side Effect: character takes 3D stun

when she stops using the power, automatically (-1/2).

4 Characteristic: +1 SPD;IIF: Synaptic Feedback Booster (SFB)

(-1/4), Uses END (+1/2), Side Effect: character takes 3D

end when she stops using the power, automatically (-1/2),

Linked to +4 DEX (-1/2).

4 Running: +2" (8" total).

4 Flash Defense vs. sight: 5 points; IIF (-1/4).

[uniform Mask]

2 Flash Defense vs. hearing: 2 points; IIF (-1/4). [uniform Mask]

9 Hand to Hand Attack +4d vs. ED; Hand to hand attack

(-1/2), OIF (-1/2), 10 charges (-1/4). [uniform gloves]

7 Endurance Reserve: 50 END, REC 2; Only recovers once

END reserve is completely empty (-1/4)(internal SFB

power reserve)

4 Multipower: Multipurpose Swing Line Gun; [8 points] OAF

(-1)

1u Swinging: 8"

1u Superleap: +8" (7" upward); only carries user upward (-1/2), No NCM (-1/4)

1u +4 to climbing rolls

10 Multipower: 20 point pool; Gadget Knick-Knack's; OAF (-1)

1u Darkness: 2"; 2 charges lasting 1 turn each and can be foiled by rain or strong winds (-1 1/4), range based on strength (-1/4). [smoke grenades]

1u Flash: 2 1/2d vs sight group; Explosion (+1/2), 2 charges (-1 1/2), range based on strength (-1/4). [flash grenades]

1u HKA: 1 pip (up to 1d-1 with strength); Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire: 3 shots (+1/4), Ranged(+1/2), No KB (-1/4), 15 charges (-0). [throwing blades]

-

3 Scholar

3 Linguist

5 Acrobatics 15-

3 Acting 13-

3 Analyze 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Bugging 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Criminology 14-

3 Electronics 14-

3 Forensic Medicine 14-

3 High Society 13-

3 Interrogation 13-

1 Language: Japanese

1 Language: Spanish

1 Language: French

3 Lockpicking 14-

3 Security Systems 14-

3 Steetwise 13-

3 Stealth 14-

5 Well off

-DISADVANTAGES-

10 Rivalry: Fraternal twin sister. (romantic and professional), Rival just as powerful, character seeks to outdo, Rival aware of rivalry.

15 Hunted: Black Harlequin; As powerful, appear 11-, desires to kill PC