Power suggestions for a "Perfect" human being

nexus

Re: Power suggestions for a "Perfect" human being

Mental attributes (INT' date=' EGO, PRE) can go as high as 50, and still be within human scope.[/quote']

That's the default for the CU. Some folks have expressed disagreement and feel that any Primary Characteristic over 30 should be considered Superhuman.

If you are going more for physical perfection than this may not help (not to mention these are costly suggestions) but you can use some Powers (with a few limitations) to imitate very strong interaction skills.

Examples include Mind Control for Persuasion and Intimidation, Telepathy for Conversation and Interrogation, ect.

One possible example in comics could be Clark Kent. What level of Acting would the most famous person on the planet need to convince a room full of investigative reporters that he was someone else...using only a pair of glasses! His skill in Acting (including a Complimentary Disguise roll for the glasses) borders on a Sight Group Shape Shift.

If you are going more for physical perfection than this may not help (not to mention these are costly suggestions) but you can use some Powers (with a few limitations) to imitate very strong interaction skills.

Examples include Mind Control for Persuasion and Intimidation, Telepathy for Conversation and Interrogation, ect.

One possible example in comics could be Clark Kent. What level of Acting would the most famous person on the planet need to convince a room full of investigative reporters that he was someone else...using only a pair of glasses! His skill in Acting (including a Complimentary Disguise roll for the glasses) borders on a Sight Group Shape Shift.

This could be represented in-game with the optional Extraordinary Skills rule. An Acting Skill Roll of 18- or better enables you to do the nigh-impossible (like Superman successfully using his Clark Kent persona) with a -10 penalty.

At some point of advancement, I'd rule actions as specific as this as being routine, and just hand-wave it (probably Skill Rolls set at 24- or better); but only if it improved the game, and was in genre. :P

I'm cool with that. :D

I waver :)

On the one hand, there's a symmetry of all Primary Characteristics 'topping out' (so to speak) at 30. OTOH, 50 INT, forex, gives a 19- INT roll and Skill Roll for INT-based skills, which has a 'perfect intellect' feel.

*shrug* I'd use all 30s, myself, if building a 'perfect' super.

• 2 weeks later...

To conserve points I recommend that you create your character as either primarily mentally perfect or primarily physically perfect.

For a mentally perfect human many of the mental powers (and talents) could be purchased as super-skills.

For a physically perfect human take a look at some of the Greek or Roman mythological heroes.

One I don't think I saw in the thread: Flash Defense to Sight, Doesn't prevent first pip of flash damage (-1/2), or Damage Reduction vs Sight Flash. Rationale: Superior reaction to changing light conditions through faster response of the pupil.

Along the same lines, low light vision, but I think that's been suggested.

Expanded senses: IR and UV vision, defined as "broader spectrum of color vision"; low-light/nightvision (and the abovementioned "fast recovery from sight flash"); ultrasonic hearing; discriminatory (or even analyze) on smell; and of course, levels with PER. Danger Sense (intuitional), SFX being "perfect situational awareness". Find Weakness, similar SFX.