Blurred Reflection/Photographic Image

Steve

How would you describe in Hero terms the ability to appear in reflecting surfaces or in photgraphs/video images only as a blurred image?

Sight Image with a Set Effect (Blurred Image) is the power that I believe I should use, but the sticking point I'm running into is the PER modifier. Should I bother with upping it, or just go with a base effect? The character is not invisible, and they can be seen clearly to the naked eye. But when someone sees them in a mirror or in a photograph, their image is blurred. Would a successful PER roll then de-blur their appearance?

Alternately, I'm open for ideas on how just the face could be blurred.

Re: Blurred Reflection/Photographic Image

Have you considered Invisibility with the Visible limitation only for recording devices, etc?

Sure, you can see a blurred blob, but for all PRACTICAL purposes, the character cannot be seen. Only someone who has dealt with the character before could suspect what was going on, which is represented by the "Visible" limitation. It's obvious that SOMEONE was there.

Have you considered Invisibility with the Visible limitation only for recording devices, etc?

Sure, you can see a blurred blob, but for all PRACTICAL purposes, the character cannot be seen. Only someone who has dealt with the character before could suspect what was going on, which is represented by the "Visible" limitation. It's obvious that SOMEONE was there.

Hmmm.... that's another option.

LL beat me to it; it's a shape shift' date=' sight/sound, only vs. reflective devices & recording media (-1). Make it inherent and you're good to go.[/quote']

Change it to Invisibility and you have the main power of the new Mr. Terrific of the JSA.

invis with fringe would do it also, this is true. Similar but not quite what Manic said; if I purchase Invis, with fringe (-1/4) that "fringe" is what they would perceive on camera. Always On, Inherent, No End. Expensive, but worth is.

25 Camera Ghost: Invisibility to Sight and Hearing Groups , Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (56 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Only vs Cameras, Mirrors, etc. (-1/2), Bright Fringe (Always creates a ghost-like image & sound; -1/4)

I can write up the Shape Shift as well, but this is also the classic Vampire/Nosferatu Obfuscate (although I believe it was the ... crap. People who use Obtenebration and I can't remember the clan name... LASOMBRA. The Lasombra have this "limitation.")