I need a writeup for a good brick...

Guest zarglif69

Guest Keneton

Uncut

Try this guy. He is not a team beater, but he is fun.

:)

Uncut

Player: NPC

Val Char Cost
60 STR 50
18 DEX 24
40 CON 60
20 BODY 20
13 INT 3
15 EGO 10
30 PRE 20
10 COM 0
40 PD 28
40 ED 32
5 SPD 22
20 REC 0
80 END 0
70 STUN 0
7" RUN02" SWIM012" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 269

Cost Power END
50 Diamonds are Forever: Life Support , Eating: Character does not eat, Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents, Longevity: Immortal, Safe in High Pressure, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing, Sleeping: Character does not sleep
37 Diamond Body: Damage Resistance (30 PD/30 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points)
5 Diamond Fists: Hand-To-Hand Attack +1d6, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (11 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Always On (-1/2)
10 Diamond Hard: +0 PD, Hardened (+1/4) (10 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
10 Diamond Hard: +0 ED, Hardened (+1/4) (10 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
10 Heavy and Strong: Knockback Resistance -5"
21 Incredibly Hard: Energy Blast 4d6 (vs. PD), Damage Shield (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (80 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1), Always On (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) [Notes: Only vs. Strikes Does no damage if grabbed or grabbing.

Damage dice may not exceed 1/2 of DC of HTH attack.]

15 Immutable: Power Defense (15 points)
7 Invincible: Lack Of Weakness (-7) for Resistant Defenses
7 Invulnerable: Lack Of Weakness (-7) for Normal Defense
5 Reflective Body: Flash Defense (5 points) (Sight Group) [Notes: Light based flashes only]
7 Stubborn and Mean: +7 Mental Defense (10 points total)
9 Suprisingly Fast: +1" Running (7" total), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (9 Active Points)
30 Tireless: +0 STR, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
5 Wrist Comm: Radio Perception/Transmission (10 Active Points); OIF Durable (-1/2), Sense Affected As Another Sense (-1/4), Gestures/Transmit Recieve switch (-1/4) [Notes: Works like nextel phone, flashed as hearing as well.]
Powers Cost: 228

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Crush: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +4d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
4 Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +15 STR vs. Grabs
3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR for holding on
4 Sacrifice Lunge: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +v/5; FMove
5 Sacrifice Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
Martial Arts Cost: 28

Cost Skill
20 +4 with HTH Combat
3 KS: Super Hero World (INT-based) 12-
3 KS: Mutants (INT-based) 12-
2 Language: English (German is Native) (Fluent Conversation)
3 Power (STR-based) 21-
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
3 Systems Operation 12-
3 Tactics 12-
3 Teamwork 13-
Skills Cost: 45

Total Character Cost: 570

Val Disadvantages
20 Distinctive Features: Diamond Man Not Concealable, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
15 Distinctive Features: Strange Echoing Voice Not Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
15 Hunted: UNTIL 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
10 Hunted: Institute for Human Advancement 8- (Occasionally), Less Powerful, Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
20 Physical Limitation: Limited manipulation All the Time, Greatly Impairing
15 Psychological Limitation: Mutant Apologist Common, Strong
15 Psychological Limitation: Overcomfident Common, Strong
15 Psychological Limitation: Likes to fight Common, Strong
15 Reputation: Invincible Super Villain Frequently (11-), Extreme
10 Social Limitation: Known Rengade Mutant Supervillain Frequently (11-), Minor

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 220

Total Experience Available: 220

Experience Unspent: 0

Set Armor equal average damage of best attack of team. Add 75% damage reduction, resistant, Physical and Energy (120 points well spent, insures the team can take him down in time and with team work, but no one can one-punch him) (and remember resistant damage reduction applies to NND's as well).

Set DEX so that DCV = worst OCV on the team. Add levels so that OCV = best DCV on the team. Able to be hit by anyone, able to hit anyone.

SPD = average SPD of team (rounded up).

Some movement power at 0 END to get to those EB's who fire while staying out of reach. He's not afraid to fall, can really suprise flyers with a teleport.

CON, enough not to be con-stunned, should not be an issue with the damage reduction. 20 - 25 should do.

Rest of points 0 END STR.

Looks well thought out, and a good character, with one glaring flaw, IMO. A diamond-based character with Lack of Weakness?

WEEEOOOEEEEOOOOEEEEEOOOO!!

Concept Police! All right, buddy - pull over. Let's see that character sheet!

A diamond is the LAST substance to NOT have a weak spot. That's how diamond cutters cut diamonds (how many diamonds could a diamond-cutter cut...?). Drop that, and he looks about perfect.

If anything, you'd get a bonus to your Find Weakness rolls, or you could use PS: Gemcutter as a complementary skill....

Seriously, other than that nitpick, he looks great. I especially liked your turns of phrasing for power descriptions. Diamonds are Forever.... good stuff there.

Guest Keneton

Lacking Lack

I can understand your objection about the Lack, but I still like it for the following reasons.

1. Uncut is not actually diamond per se, much like Colussus of the X-men is not Steel. He is organic diamond (lol!)

2. Uncut's Lack of Weakness is designed to offset attacks by Pesky Martial artists, it is a playability issue.

By you argument, although valid, things like tires would have DR to blunt attacks and less defense verus sharp objects. Better just to give vlnerabilities than to reduce defenses that are appropraite to most attacks.

The fact that special skills time, precision, and tools are required to fracture an object attests to its lack of weakness and not its glaring weakness.

If it bugs you though, just get rid of the resistant defense lack and keep the normal defense lack. Thanks for your comments.:)

Re: Lacking Lack

Originally posted by Keneton

1. Uncut is not actually diamond per se, much like Colussus of the X-men is not Steel. He is organic diamond (lol!)

Ah yes. Closely related to that wonder metal of science fiction (I believe the hull of the Enterprise is made of it):

BALONIUM!!

AKA Unobtanium.

2. Uncut's Lack of Weakness is designed to offset attacks by Pesky Martial artists, it is a playability issue.

Actually, I was thinking playabilty myself. Most really tough characters like that have ONE weakness in their defense. Frex, the aforementioned Colossus is Vulnerable to Magnetics.

By you argument, although valid, things like tires would have DR to blunt attacks and less defense verus sharp objects. Better just to give vlnerabilities than to reduce defenses that are appropraite to most attacks.

Yeah. They should. It's not unusual to see constructs like that: Armor 1/1 plus Armor 2/2 Only vs. Blunt Attacks. No big deal.

If you tried to take Lack of Weakness then tried to take a Vulnerability to Find Weakness, I'd veto it as GM. Just don't buy L of W.

The fact that special skills time, precision, and tools are required to fracture an object attests to its lack of weakness and not its glaring weakness.

That's why Find Weakness is a Skill (or a Power masquerading as a Skill). And a really expensive one, at that (as it should be). Personally, I dislike the notion of FW reducing defenses ad infinitum. It should be allowed to halve them once only, MAYBE twice.

Still a good character, besides that.

[/b]

Guest Keneton

He's a base 6!

No offense John, but if this guy can beat 7 supers by himself, these supers are vastly underpowered. The Champions are rather weak PC's, but they would whomp Mr. Uncut as a group. Uncut is tuff but he is no team beater.

No NPC with a base 6 CV and a 5 speed can beat a well rounded team. All they need to do is martial throw him and pelt while he's down. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

It is true that I am a power gamer. I make no apologies there. The thread asked for a guy who could fight a team. Uncut can do it, but he'll surely lose to any group of 4+ 350 guys with tactics as long as one has a 60+ active point attack, and one has a base CV of at least 9.

As for the other suggestions concerning lack, as I said erlier drop the resistant lack if need be.

The Champions beat Chrome (much tuffer than Uncut) in all three installments of Unearthed Mechana at Origins, despite the best tactics I could muster.

If you want to tone down Mr. Uncut or better yet he's a little too skilled I suggest ridding him of a level and getting rid of his martial arts.

Good Luck!

Guest Keneton

Another Try!

If Uncut was a little too tuff, try Speed Pounder. Those who attended Origins will recall this fun fellow.

Speed Pounder

Player: NPC

Val Char Cost
50 STR 40
28 DEX 54
30 CON 40
15 BODY 10
10 INT 0
15 EGO 10
25 PRE 15
14 COM 2
30 PD 20
30 ED 24
6 SPD 22
16 REC 0
60 END 0
55 STUN 0
20" RUN02" SWIM010" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 237

Cost Power END
4 Big and Heavy ( 7' Tall 400 kg): Knockback Resistance -2"
5 Combat Visor: Flash Defense (7 points) (Sight Group) (7 Active Points); OIF Durable (-1/2)
5 Enhanced Physiology: Life Support , Extended Breathing, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat
15 Hard Skin: Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED)
5 Permanancy: Power Defense (5 points)
50 Speed Pounding: +0 STR, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/2) (50 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
63 Super Speed: +14" Running (20" total), Improved Noncombat Movement (x8), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Rapid Noncombat Movement (+1/4) (63 Active Points) 2
5 Tough Guy: Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Normal Defense
Powers Cost: 152

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Charge: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +2d6 +v/5 Strike, FMove
5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
5 Flying Grab: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR for holding on; FMove
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +15 STR vs. Grabs
Martial Arts Cost: 22

Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 15-
5 Accurate Sprayfire
5 Concentrated Sprayfire
5 Rapid Autofire
5 Skipover Sprayfire
3 Breakfall 15-
9 Fast Draw 18-
2 AK: Millennium City 11-
2 KS: Mercenary World 11-
3 Tactics 11-
2 PS: Mercenary 11-
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
3 Streetwise 14-
6 +3 vs. specific OCV modifier on a tight group of attacks [Notes: With Autofire modifiers]
20 +4 with HTH Combat
Skills Cost: 78

Cost Talent
11 Lightning Reflexes: +7 DEX to act first with All Actions
Talents Cost: 11

Total Character Cost: 500

Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Manic and Hyper Kinetic Mannerisms (Spaz!) Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
10 Distinctive Features: Detects as Magically "Hasted" to Discriminatory Detect Magics Not Concealable, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable Only By Unusual Senses
25 Hunted: Demon 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, Harshly Punish, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
20 Hunted: PRIMUS 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, Harshly Punish, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
10 Physical Limitation: Attention Defecit Disorder (Medicated) Frequently, Slightly Impairing
15 Physical Limitation: Under Geas: Cannot battle a Morbane from DEMON Infrequently, Fully Impairing
15 Psychological Limitation: Likes to fight Common, Strong
15 Psychological Limitation: Thrillseeker Common, Strong
15 Social Limitation: Public ID: Speed Pounder Supervillain/Mercenary Frequently (11-), Major
15 Susceptibility: In Anti-Magic Field or Effect 1d6 damage, per Phase, Uncommon

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 150

Total Experience Available: 150

Experience Unspent: 0

While this may not be (okay, isn't) the place to put this, I can't help but ask due to the topic: why the fierce resistance against putting Characteristics into an EC? Honestly, if I was going to be building a Team-Buster brick, he'd have Body, Con, and Strength all in the EC, along with Armor and maybe a few other 'interesting advantages' ...

Originally posted by Wyrm Ouroboros

While this may not be (okay, isn't) the place to put this, I can't help but ask due to the topic: why the fierce resistance against putting Characteristics into an EC? Honestly, if I was going to be building a Team-Buster brick, he'd have Body, Con, and Strength all in the EC, along with Armor and maybe a few other 'interesting advantages' ...

Well...

First off, you can only put powers that cost END into an EC without special permission, so STR might be OK, but the Con and defences would be illegal.

Secondly, if you put stats into an Elemental control then they don't affect Figured characteristics. That tends to dull the point savings by quite a bit.

Re: He's a base 6!

Originally posted by Keneton

No offense John, but if this guy can beat 7 supers by himself, these supers are vastly underpowered. The Champions are rather weak PC's, but they would whomp Mr. Uncut as a group. Uncut is tuff but he is no team beater.

No NPC with a base 6 CV and a 5 speed can beat a well rounded team. All they need to do is martial throw him and pelt while he's down. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

I purposely made my new party a little underpowered. He's got enough defenses to give most parties a huge headache. I'm not saying he shouldn't be a party beater, just saying that with his variety and amount of defenses most parties would have to get lucky to beat him.

John Spencer

EDIT: He's a nice character, though. And base 6 isn't that bad, my party is average base 7.

Speed Brick

Here's something ugly that I found out putzin' around with HD. And it is only 250 points - givein you a whoppin' 100 points to play around with.

The Speed Brick

Val Char Cost
60 STR 50
18 DEX 24
30 CON 40
12 BODY 4
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
15/30 PD 3
10/20 ED 4
10 SPD 72
18 REC 0
60 END 0
60 STUN 3
6" RUN02" SWIM012" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 200

Cost Power END
38 Armor (15 PD/10 ED)
Powers Cost: 38

Cost Skill
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Tactics 11-
3 Teamwork 13-
Skills Cost: 12

Total Character Cost: 250

Re: Re: Uncut

Originally posted by JohnOSpencer

:eek: Not a team beater!?!? He would beat my PCs(all 7) like redheaded stepchildren! I do not want to see YOUR PCs!

John Spencer

Um, I am a redheaded stepchild...

But no offense taken. I actually love the fact that I fit this typical stereotype and have never been 'beaten' in such a manner. :P

Re: Re: Re: Uncut

Originally posted by MarkusDark

Um, I am a redheaded stepchild...

But no offense taken. I actually love the fact that I fit this typical stereotype and have never been 'beaten' in such a manner. :P

Sorry, it won the flip with "Clubbed like a baby seal." ;)

John Spencer

BTW: That character is sick!:eek:

Guest Keneton

Re: Re: Another Try!

Originally posted by Blue Angel

What is the affect of that +1/4 rapid noncombat movement?

The rapid non combat movement allows Speed Pounder to get away very fast. He accelerates to 160" per phase like "snap" that!

It was just a little tweak in his design that allows him a good shot at becoming a recurring nightmare to my PC's.

Guest Keneton

Re: Re: He's a base 6!

Originally posted by JohnOSpencer

I He's got enough defenses to give most parties a huge headache.

John Spencer

You are very right, The average active points in attacks for my campaign is around 65. This lets Uncut take about 5-7 stun a hit. With his recoveries it takes a while to wear him down, but if he goes offensive he gets rapid attacked or swept which rids him of stun real fast.

Speed Pounder has more finesse. He is fun to play against 2 average supers. More than 2 and he goes down too fast.

As for Rampage from above, he is very strong, but I'm not sure he could fight Uncut. Uncut is too good of a fighter for him. Rampage has a huge Strength! Talk about laying the samck down!!!

:D