The Composite Superman

Vestnik

Re: The Composite Superman

The big problem I see with him? The 11- ACT roll his costume implies the vast majority of his defenses would have. :P

"Uh-oh, it's Composite Superman! Quickly men, fire a warning shot from our tank's main cannon!"

*boom-SPLORCH!*

"Err... men? Next time, aim for his *right* side. Not that there's likely to be a next time... eww."

The big problem I see with him? The 11- ACT roll his costume implies the vast majority of his defenses would have. :P

"Uh-oh, it's Composite Superman! Quickly men, fire a warning shot from our tank's main cannon!"

*boom-SPLORCH!*

"Err... men? Next time, aim for his *right* side. Not that there's likely to be a next time... eww."

I feel compelled to point out that ol CS only looks like Batman on one side, but he's nicely armored by the combined invulnerability of Supergirl, Mon-El & Ultra-Boy. Dude was a tank and a half. Pity he seemed to suffer from Captain Marvel Syndrome. 12th level intellect and he never bothered to arrange to absorb those powers permanently? That'd been first thing on my to-do list.

I feel compelled to point out that ol CS only looks like Batman on one side' date=' but he's nicely armored by the combined invulnerability of Supergirl, Mon-El & Ultra-Boy. Dude was a tank and a half. Pity he seemed to suffer from Captain Marvel Syndrome. 12th level intellect and he never bothered to arrange to absorb those powers permanently? That'd been first thing on my to-do list.[/quote']

In fact, he looks like that because he uses Chameleon Boy's powers to look like that. He can look like anything he wants.

What would he look like in the Champions Universe?

A flying brick with a huge whopping cosmic VPP, and a gadgeteer skill set on top to reflect Braniac 5s mad skills. Just set the Brick stats at 10-20 points over the top brick in your campaign. Then, give him a 10 point multiform for his non-powered identity, and Accidental Change or a phys limit for when he shifts back. If you don't want the shape shift and enhanced senses in the VPP, tack them on as well.

A flying brick with a huge whopping cosmic VPP' date=' and a gadgeteer skill set on top to reflect Braniac 5s mad skills. Just set the Brick stats at 10-20 points over the top brick in your campaign. Then, give him a 10 point multiform for his non-powered identity, and Accidental Change or a phys limit for when he shifts back. If you don't want the shape shift and enhanced senses in the VPP, tack them on as well.[/quote']

That is good thinking, but I was thinking more along the lines of which characters he would be a composite of.

The Composite Foxbat!

In fact' date=' he looks like that because he uses Chameleon Boy's powers to look like that. He can look like anything he wants.[/quote']

Yet another argument against his actually having the 12th level intellect.

Or maybe this is one of those situations where you're so smart that this outfit actually seems like a good idea beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.

That is good thinking, but I was thinking more along the lines of which characters he would be a composite of.

The Composite Foxbat!

Ah. Unfortunately, we don't have full write ups of many superhero teams. The composite Champions 3000 would be appropriate, with the powers of Super Nova on top (assume he joined the team in a heroic phase when the statues were made).

Yet another argument against his actually having the 12th level intellect.

Or maybe this is one of those situations where you're so smart that this outfit actually seems like a good idea beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.

heck, he could have made himself into a composite of two supermodels. :)

I always figured that playing someone with super-intelligence would kind of like playing a Chaotic Neutral Cthullu worshipper; we, as players, cannot understand the thought process of someone that smart, and thus their actions look extremely foolish and/or neigh-incomprehensible.

Used to have that issue of World's Finest.

Might as well write up Myxtlpkt, or whoever the heck you spell it.

Mxyzptlk. One thing I've never understood about CS: If his powers come from the Legion, why does he have that costume? I mean, Superboy was only one member of the Legion, and Batman was not associated with it in any way. Just something that always bugged me.

Mxyzptlk. One thing I've never understood about CS: If his powers come from the Legion' date=' why does he have that costume? I mean, Superboy was only one member of the Legion, and Batman was not associated with it in any way. Just something that always bugged me.[/quote']

I guess he generally fought Batman and Superman, but not the Legion except in cases of time travel.

CES

Mxyzptlk. One thing I've never understood about CS: If his powers come from the Legion' date=' why does he have that costume? I mean, Superboy was only one member of the Legion, and Batman was not associated with it in any way. Just something that always bugged me.[/quote']

In character? Initially, he was a World's Finest villain. He wasn't dealing with the Legion, he got his powers from their statues in the 20th century. He chose to look that way using Chameleon Boy's powers.

Out of character? It likely made for a cover the Editor thought would attract sales.