And I'll Form Your Head!

Dust Raven

After reading a post by Log (http://herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1311848#post1311848), my brain was struck by an interesting idea...

I want a power that causes the target to have an annoying twin. Not an evil twin. Not turning the target evil. Just creates a completely identical twin to the target, who wants to do all the stuff the target does and thinks he's the real person and the target is the "impostor". He'll get in the way, try to show up, or out-do his twin in every way and generally be annoying in a hopefully comedic way. This can potentially backfire if used against someone so mellow they'd actually get along with themselves, but it may still prove distracting (not to mention confusing for anyone around them).

Second idea.... I want to give the target an extra head that is a complete duplicate of him (like the twin above), but they share the same body and occasionally have to fight for control of it. Both heads will think they are the "real" head.

So, how do to this*?

*without using Transform.

Re: And I'll Form Your Head!

After reading a post by Log (http://herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1311848#post1311848), my brain was struck by an interesting idea...

I want a power that causes the target to have an annoying twin. Not an evil twin. Not turning the target evil. Just creates a completely identical twin to the target, who wants to do all the stuff the target does and thinks he's the real person and the target is the "impostor". He'll get in the way, try to show up, or out-do his twin in every way and generally be annoying in a hopefully comedic way. This can potentially backfire if used against someone so mellow they'd actually get along with themselves, but it may still prove distracting (not to mention confusing for anyone around them).

Second idea.... I want to give the target an extra head that is a complete duplicate of him (like the twin above), but they share the same body and occasionally have to fight for control of it. Both heads will think they are the "real" head.

So, how do to this*?

*without using Transform.

I would handle the twin via Summon. I would handle the "2-Heads Are Better Than 1" via Mind Control with a Physical Manifestation Limitation and maybe a Linked Damage Shield UAA (or Triggered Attack) Only if Target hits 2nd "Head".

I would handle the twin via Summon. I would handle the "2-Heads Are Better Than 1" via Mind Control with a Physical Manifestation Limitation and maybe a Linked Damage Shield UAA (or Triggered Attack) Only if Target hits 2nd "Head".

I'm not sure I'm believing Mind Control. The extra head isn't controlled by the attacker. It's controlled by itself, and has the same personality and motivations as the target. Unless it's Mind Control: Only To Cause Target To Waste Time Being Indecisive & Argue With Himself.

I'm not sure I'm believing Mind Control. The extra head isn't controlled by the attacker. It's controlled by itself' date=' and has the same personality and motivations as the target. Unless it's Mind Control: Only To Cause Target To Waste Time Being Indecisive & Argue With Himself.[/quote']

Why not? You could tack on No Conscious Control as well.

Attractive DNPC: Wow, what got into YOU last night, tiger? That was amazing. I didn't know felt that way about me, but, well, wow. Are we going do it again tonight?

You: Er...(thinks: But I was out all last night fighting Doctor Diablo)

ADNPC: Have you parted your hair the other way today?

You: Er...(thinks: Damn that stupid doppelganger must have...no...oh please, no...)

ADNPC: Never mind your hair, do that thing you did with the mango chutney, and do it to me NOW!

You: Er...

On a slightly more serious note, this is a power that is going to be funny once, and that is it.

On a slightly more serious note' date=' this is a power that is going to be funny once, and that is it.[/quote']

In an all comedy campaign, it can just keep getting funnier and funnier the more you use it. In a more standard toned campaign, yeah, funny once, and maybe dramatic the next... or maybe a little different the next. Perhaps it's actually an extradimensional duplicate, and the next one, while he still isn't your evil twin, is perhaps the iconic you that you yourself could never actually become, and the next is perhaps your actual evil twin now that no one expects it.

In any case, I'm thinking of this primarily as a thought exercise in game mechanics, and partly because I'm working up a scenario where a villain has this power, or some bizarre, but repeatable, accident causes it to happen.

Attractive DNPC: Wow, what got into YOU last night, tiger? That was amazing. I didn't know felt that way about me, but, well, wow. Are we going do it again tonight?

You: Er...(thinks: But I was out all last night fighting Doctor Diablo)

ADNPC: Have you parted your hair the other way today?

You: Er...(thinks: Damn that stupid doppelganger must have...no...oh please, no...)

ADNPC: Never mind your hair, do that thing you did with the mango chutney, and do it to me NOW!

You: Er...

On a slightly more serious note, this is a power that is going to be funny once, and that is it.

Jamie Madrox just had something like this happen to him.... only it was two of his female teammates at the same time. In different rooms mind you.

I'd do the first as Summon, possibly with NCC at the -1 level if the summoner can't control the clone; his successes in the contest of EGOs would determine how long the duplicate stayed, but that's it.

As to the Two Heads power, it's a straight transformation attack. The transformed version of the character has the same sort of duplication you find in the two headed creatures in the bestiary, and the second head has a set of psych limits that set it up as an opponent of head #1. The feedback limit keeps them feeling each other's damage.