Cleric 3.5 Spell Conversion

Thia Halmades

Re: Cleric 3.5 Spell Conversion

Here, have another:

Discern Lies [Divination]: Detect A Single Thing 17- (Unusual Group), Range (14 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Turn (-1 1/4), OAF (Divine Focus; -1), Requires A Faith Roll (RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. Skill contests; Target who is intentionally lying is entitled to an appropriate skill roll; -3/4), Spell (Divination; -1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; Can only concentrate on one target at a time; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone knows how to model this spell, I would be infinitely grateful. It's much more complex on a point-buy level than the 'handwavium' of "This does what we say it does, and you can move!" Normally for powers like this I default to Desolid, but that doesn't apply in this case. Possibly a Transform, although that, as we say, is cheating.

Freedom of Movement

Abjuration

Level: Brd 4, Clr 4, Drd 4, Luck 4, Rgr 4 Components: V, S, M, DF Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: Personal or touch Target: You or creature touched Duration: 10 min./level Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless) Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless) This spell enables you or a creature you touch to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web. The subject automatically succeeds on any grapple check made to resist a grapple Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin. attempt, as well as on grapple checks or Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin.

The spell also allows the subject to move and attack normally while underwater, even with slashing weapons such as axes and swords or with bludgeoning weapons such as flails, hammers, and maces, provided that the weapon is wielded in the hand rather than hurled. The freedom of movement spell does not, however, allow water breathing.

Material Component: A leather thong, bound around the arm or a similar appendage.

Lots of ways to do this; off hand, I'd go with a personal suppression field vs. anything that hinders the caster/target; how about trying something like this?:

Can anyone figure out why I'm unhappy with my version of this spell?

Control Water: Telekinesis (40 STR), Affects Porous (70 Active Points); OAF (Divine Focus; -1), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Can only Raise or Lower the total height of the water; -1), Requires A Faith Roll (-1/2), Spell (Transmutation [Water]; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4)

I would recommend Change Environment instead since the effect and that ability are already AOE which otherwise makes TK hideously expensive.

Lots of ways to do this; off hand' date=' I'd go with a personal suppression field vs. anything that hinders the caster/target; how about trying something like this?:[indent']Freedom of Movement: Suppress vs. Anything that Impedes the Character's Movement (STR and/or Skills for Grabs, vs. Change Environment for Weapons Underwater, etc.) (All Powers of Defined Special Effect Simultaneously; +2), AoE, 1 Hex, [Continuous/Damage Shield/Trigger?], Usable by Other; Continuing Charge [or Uncontrolled], OAF, Gestures, Incantations, No Range, Self-Only, ...[/indent]

I don't think the AOE 1 Hex is necessary. How's this?

19 Freedom of Movement Alternative: Suppress 6d6, all [special effect] powers simultaneously (+2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 6 Hours (+0), Usable By Other (+1/4) (97 Active Points); OAF (Divine Focus; -1), Limited Power Expendable Focus (-1), No Range (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) - END=[1 cc]

• 2 weeks later...

Is that 1/2/3 combination your way of saying PLUS? (sorry... I've been at work for two weeks straight. I'm not ignoring you' date=' I'm just that f'n busy).[/quote']

Yes.

I just used a List to show the individual parts instead of the more confusing output of a Compound Power.

Version I:

Freedom of Movement: Suppress All Movement Impediment Powers 5d6, all powers that impede movement simultaneously (+2) (75 Active Points); OAF (Divine Focus; -1), Material Component Component is consumed upon completion of casting (A leather thong, bound around the arm or a similar appendage. ; -1), No Range (-1/2), Spell (Abjuration; -1/2), Requires A Faith Roll (-1/2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4)

Version II:

Freedom of Movement II: (Total: 79 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) Power Defense (30 points), Usable By Other (+1/4) (37 Active Points); OAF (Divine Focus; -1), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only versus appropriate SFX powers (see text); -1), Requires A Faith Roll (-1/2), Spell (Abjuration; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus +30 STR, Usable By Other (+1/4) (37 Active Points); OAF (Divine Focus; -1), Requires A Faith Roll (-1/2), Spell (Abjuration; -1/2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10) plus Environmental Movement (no penalties on), Usable By Other (+1/4) (5 Active Points); OAF (Divine Focus; -1), Requires A Faith Roll (-1/2), Spell (Abjuation; -1/2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

And here's the whole Sending thing:

Sending: Mind Link , Human, Additional Class of Minds, Additional Class of Minds and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds, One Specific Mind, Any dimension, No LOS Needed (55 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), Set Effect Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (Only to Send & Receive a single message, of roughly 25 words; -1 1/2), OAF (Divine Focus; -1), Spell (Evocation; -1/2), Requires A Faith Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)

• 4 weeks later...