Danger Sense question

incrdbil

Re: Danger Sense question

So, a player asks you, as a GM, about buying the discriminatory modifier for his danger sense.

Do you let him? And just what would you let the discriminatory adder do for the character? Would it affect (or even replace) they role by half rule?

I would allow for it to let him know the type of danger, but the role by half rule would still be used for acertaining the location of the danger. Basically, I'd say it replaces one of the two things making the role by half does.

I would allow for it to let him know the type of danger' date=' but the role by half rule would still be used for acertaining the location of the danger. Basically, I'd say it replaces one of the two things making the role by half does.[/quote']

So it might let the character know if a Dive For Cover is more appropriate than a Dodge but it won't necessarily let him know which is the best direction to dive.

I'd probably let the character know, fairly precisely, what kind of danger is headed his way, though the mechanics of knowing where it came from (the half-roll) would remain in place. This can be especially entertaining if you can sense over an area.

"Hey, Wolverine?"

"Yes, Spidey?"

"Watch out for that arrow."

"What arr-" *fshTHNK*

"That arrow."

Heck one of the PCs in my group has Danger Sense (Our of Combat, General Area), Discriminatory, Analyze, Telescopic, Tracking. It hasn't presented any problems. In fact, it's nice to have a PC that just screams, "Please insert me directly into the session's plot."