The NEW Champions of Vancouver -- What Would You Like To See?

TheQuestionMan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The NEW Champions of Vancouver -- What Would You Like To See?

[Champions Universe] Super Agencies

U.N.T.I.L. -

RCMP SERT -

RCMP PSIS -

PRIMUS -

S.A.T. -

vs

Checkmate (DC Comics) -

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Marvel Comics) -

International Operations (Wildstorm Comics) -

Stormwatch (Wildstorm Comics) -

[Champions Universe] Super Agencies

U.N.T.I.L. -

RCMP SERT -

RCMP PSIS -

PRIMUS -

S.A.T. -

vs

Checkmate (DC Comics) -

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Marvel Comics) -

International Operations (Wildstorm Comics) -

Stormwatch (Wildstorm Comics) -

Quite the list there; Though I can't see PRIMUS or SAT having too much of a foothold in Vancouver, being american agencies and all. Barring cross-border crimefighting sprees or sinister takeover attempts by an overzealous Gold Avenger (I read Classic Organizations;)), of course. Not that I'm offering any plot ideas...

--

Pyre-Archer

Sig under construction...

Just to keep the ball rolling...

Thomas Barret/The Musketeer

Player: Patrick O'Shea

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

23 DEX 39

13 CON 6

13 BODY 6

14 INT 4

20 EGO 20

15 PRE 5

14 COM 2

8/28 PD 5

9/29 ED 6

5 SPD 17

8 REC 4

46 END 10

48 STUN 20

25" RUN 8

2" SWIM 0

5" LEAP 2

Characteristics Cost: 159

Cost Power

16 Boosted Willpower: Mental Defense (20 points total)

13 Kinetic Baton: Multipower, 20-point reserve, (20 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)

1u 1) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6 (20 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)

1u 2) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1 (2d6+1 w/STR) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

50 Psychokinesis: Multipower, 50-point reserve

5u 1) Variable Load: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1 (1 1/2d6 w/STR), Variable Advantage (+3/4 Advantages; +1 1/2) (50 Active Points)

5u 2) Kinetic Bolt: Energy Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points)

4u 3) Telekinesis (15 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation (43 Active Points)

5u 4) Kinetic Wall: Force Wall (10 PD/10 ED) (50 Active Points)

5u 5) Buckler: Force Field (20 PD/20 ED) (Protect Carried Items) (50 Active Points)

4u 6) Kinetic Control - Friction reduction: Running +15" (29" total), x8 Noncombat (40 Active Points)

Powers Cost: 109

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

Sevillian Knife-Fighting

1 1) Weapon Element: Clubs (Blades default): Clubs, Default Element

4 2) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 3) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

5 4) Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 7d6 Strike

5 5) Defensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 3d6 Strike

Martial Arts Cost: 19

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 +1 with Psychokinesis MP

9 +3 with Sevillian Knife Fighting

4 Computer Programming (Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers) 12-

3 Conversation 12-

3 Defense Maneuver I

1 Fast Draw 8-

2 KS: Institute For Human Advancement 11-

2 KS: Sevillian Knife Fighting 11-

3 Oratory 12-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Penalty Skill Levels: +2 vs. Range Modifier with a single attack

3 PS: Guitar: Busker 12-

1 Language: Spanish (basic conversation)

3 PS: Writer: Journalist 12-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Teamwork 14-

2 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles

3 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Handguns

Skills Cost: 63

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Enraged: Subjected to Mind COntrol (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

20 Hunted: Institute for Human Advancement 11- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: GMO Nemesis 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: VIPER 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

5 Money: Poor

15 Psychological Limitation: Won't Harm Innocents (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code versus Killing (Very Common, Strong)

5 Psychological Limitation: Uncomfortable around Telepaths (Uncommon, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Refuses to talk about past (Common, Moderate)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Tom Barret): (Frequently, Major)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Sonic Attacks (Uncommon)

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Sonic based powers (Flashes, mind control, entangles, etc) (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Background: His earliest memories are of men in medical outfits looking over him, nodding with an odd mix of disgust and satisfaction in their eyes. After that came what seemed like an eternity of fighting, and a repeated need to kill all mutants.

That changed when Tom (To this day, he isn't sure if that's his real name), all of 12 years old, was rescued from the facility by a psychic named the Highwayman, who quickly took the boy under his wing, trying to deprogram him. Tom had four happy years as the Highwayman's sidekick until the IHA caught up with the two and killed his mentor, leaving the young man on his own. He fled, eventually making his way to Vancouver where he hoped he could stay low and get strong enough to fight the IHA directly.

Quote:"It's amazing how many people forget about the 'musket' part of Musketeer."

Campaign Use: The Musketeer was part of an IHA project to train infant metahumans. Had the project been successful, the IHA could have placed undercover operatives on known superteams and triggered them to either take out their teamates at a given time, or become supercriminals and disgrace the team in general. It left him with an minor distrust of telepaths, and a combat-oriented powerset.

As far as he knows, the project (already unpopular with IHA hardliners) was cancelled after The Highwayman broke Tom out. The IHA has hunted him, as a loose end with dangerous knowledge about their organization.

--

What do you think sirs?

You Sir Comic are a very very bad man!

Bad

QM

You have no idea.

I remember Garnet Rogers telling a story about a knife fight he and his brother Stan had behind a hotel in Kirkland Lake one night between sets, to decide what song they'd do next in their show.

Which puts me in mind of the Chipmunks take on Barrett's Privateers.

Which puts me in mind of the Chipmunks take on Barrett's Privateers.

Would that be a 'High C' adventure?

Just to get back on topic, I was hoping that posting my character might spur some interest from the rest of the potential Champs of Vancouver. Even if it's a 'No, that's MY character!' reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Frostbite

William Pierre Laurier

Player: Evil Steve

Val Char Cost

13 STR 3

23 DEX 39

18 CON 16

18 BODY 16

18 INT 8

13 EGO 6

18 PRE 8

14 COM 2

3/15 PD 0

4/19 ED 0

6 SPD 27

14 REC 14

36 END 0

34 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 139

Cost Power END

30 Frozen Clutches: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Vulnerable to Heat and Fire SFX (-1)

2u 1) Ensnare I: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Hands Only (-1), Vulnerable to Heat and Fire SFX (-1), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) 6

2u 2) Ensnare II: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Feet Only (-1), Vulnerable to Heat and Fire SFX (-1), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) 6

3u 3) Enshroud: Entangle 8d6, 4 DEF (60 Active Points); Vulnerable to Heat and Fire SFX (-1), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) 6

2u 4) Entomb: Entangle 8d6, 4 DEF (60 Active Points); Vulnerable to Heat and Fire SFX (-1), No Range (-1/2) 6

2u 5) Engulf: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF, Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1) (60 Active Points); Vulnerable to Heat and Fire SFX (-1), No Range (-1/2) 6

20 Ice and Snow: Elemental Control, 40-point powers

11 1) Become the Falling Snow: Desolidification (40 Active Points); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Visible (5m radius of hoarfrost, ice forms on anything he touches) 4

20 2) Become the Drifting Snow: Flight 20", x4 Noncombat (45 Active Points); Visible (40m trail of snow, 5m radius of hoarfrost forming) (-1/4) 4

35 3) Permafrost: FF (12 PD/15 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (55 Active Points)

12 Detect Temperature 13- (Unusual Group), Range, Sense

2 At One with the Ice: LS (Safe in Intense Cold)

6 Radio Reciever (HRRH, OIF)

Powers Cost: 147

Cost Skill

4 Animal Handler (Bovines, Canines, Equines) 13-

3 Linguist

5 1) Language: French (imitate dialects; literate) (6 Active Points)

2 2) Language: German (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

4 3) Language: Inuit (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

2 4) Language: Russian (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)

4 Navigation (Air, Land, Marine) 13-

2 PS: Cattle Rancher 11-

3 Paramedics 13-

2 SS: Vetenary 11-

2 SS: Eugenics 11-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Bovines (3 Active Points) 12-

3 2) KS: Classical Philosophy (4 Active Points) 13-

1 3) KS: Inuit Hunting Practices (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Marine Surface) 13-

7 TF: Equines, Skating (iceskating or rollerskating), Skiing (snow), Sleds, Small Planes, Small Rowed Boats, Snowmobiles

3 Teamwork 14-

3 Tracking 13-

2 WF: Javelins and Thrown Spears, Rifles

Skills Cost: 60

Cost Talent

4 Environmental Movement (no penalties on)

Talents Cost: 4

Total Character Cost:350

Val Disadvantages

5 Distinctive Features: Low Body Temperature (cold to the touch, weirds out doctors) (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Circle surrounding a 9 branded on shoulder (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

25 Enraged: Innocents deliberatly harmed or risked (Common), go 14-, recover 11-

15 Hunted: Freon of Dragon Branch[VIPER] 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Nefarious Scumbag of GM's choosing 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Institute for Human Advancement 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

5 Money: Poor

20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hero (help those in need, protect the innocent, abide by laws, etc) (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Driven to help those in need (Common, Moderate)

5 Reputation: Hero without Damaging Powers, 8-

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 6

Total Experience Available: 6

Experience Unspent: 0

Background:Will grew up on the Ninth Circle ranch in the Yukon. His grandfather named it from Dante's Inferno. His youth was spend working the ranch, and arguing philosophy or politics with his family, all of whom have colourful histories and educations. When he was 19, one of the locals didn't show up for an appointment. Up north, being late is an issue, because if you're stuck outside, you could die very quickly. As the search went on, Will's snowmobile died. Now there were two people missing. Will had always been comfortable in the cold, more than most, in fact. But -20 is still a death sentence. After 3 days, Will staggered back to the ranch, covered in frost, and cold. He was delirious from exhaustion. He should have been dead. As he recovered, he found that cold water stayed cold around him, or froze. If he concentrated on it, he caused ice to form and expand. His family, being the type of people who name their home after a frozen lake in Hell, encouraged him to work on his abilities. Once he developed enough control, his grandfather told him to go out in the world an get an education. Make himself useful. So that's what he did. He got accepted part time to SFU and has it paid for by family. Just enough money to get by and lots of free time to do something with his life.

Quote:"Freeze? Oh, I get it. If you think that's funny, try this!"

Campaign use:Frostbite is young and idealistic. He wants to help and make a difference. His powers do not actually allow him to directly harm someone, but he can stop them in their tracks. His Code of the Hero means he will drop just about anything to help fight supervillans and crime. He doesn't actually know if he is a mutant or something else, as he was near dead when his powers began to come out. The powers may be natural, or they may be something else entirely. The IHA isn't taking any chances.

Freon just doesn't like him. They're both impressive cryokinetics, and have clashed on occasion. Freon was driven off in both cases, but not actually defeated. For Freon, its personal and its on.

How's he look?

Looks fun. I can see a couple of 'Cover me while I Entomb Grond' scenarios come up. And Engulf looks evil. A little worried it's not Selective though...

And we both have the IHA and VIPER ticked off at us. All we need is for someone to have Dr. Destroyer hunting him/her and we're set:D. And not the good one, either. The New Millenium one, ressurected and out for vengeance.

Engulf.

It brings to mind my own semi-vampiric ice hero.

Ah. Those were the days. Entangle the whole team with the bad guys in a cone. Drain the bad guys' END, then Stun, then Body. Transform them to suspended animation, to not technically offend those with CvK's. Free the good guys when done feeding while extolling the virtue of all that extra DEF they got while iced over.

Teamwork at its finest. ;)

Looks fun. I can see a couple of 'Cover me while I Entomb Grond' scenarios come up. And Engulf looks evil. A little worried it's not Selective though...

And we both have the IHA and VIPER ticked off at us. All we need is for someone to have Dr. Destroyer hunting him/her and we're set:D. And not the good one, either. The New Millenium one, ressurected and out for vengeance.

Engulf is my agent buster. I can't wait to crank up Entomb.

Technically, I'm only hunted by Freon who is a member of VIPER's Dragon Branch. But he's a jerk and would probably bring his friends.

As a rule, I never tick off the Doctor. Ever. I send him very pleasant "Best of the Season" cards every Xmas. And cookies.

I'm curious. The multipower looks like it costs 80 CP for 80 AP, but every slot takes the -1 Vulnerable to Heat/Fire. Is it an 80 AP Reserve for 40 CP, or do you intend to keep the points for later use?

I'm curious. The multipower looks like it costs 80 CP for 80 AP' date=' but every slot takes the -1 Vulnerable to Heat/Fire. Is it an 80 AP Reserve for 40 CP, or do you intend to keep the points for later use?[/quote']

When I first began writing him up, there were other slots for which the Vulnerable:Heat/Fire was not appropriate. I couldn't afford them, so I dropped them. I may re-introduce them later, or tweak the design between now and first session.

Navaja

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navaja

Sevillian Steel

http://www.sevilliansteel.com/

Hmmm...

QM

Hmm, indeed. My original thought in picking Musketeer's combat style was 'No Kung Fu/Karate' stereotype. Looking through the Raven Arts site, I can see that I could take him in a lot of different directions. I could also easuily see his OIF being one of the 'training' Navaja blades. Probably Trainer B, judging from the image (http://www.sevilliansteel.com/images/trainers.jpg). And he could expand that greatly. Especially if Lucky's science geek friend survived...

Thank you very much!

Our story continues....

On the brink of their greatest victory the Champions of Vancouver vanished

without a trace.and

In the vacuum they left behind VIPER's Civil war spilled onto the streets

Minute Man VII Robots descended upon the pacific northwest, hunting down mutant heroes and villains alike.

Mechanon Robots appeared more frequently and in greater numbers.

Istvatha V'han's invasion was stopped, but not forever.

The RCMP, UNTIL, and Independent Superheroes worked overtime to authorities were hard pressed to contain it.

The only bright light was the recovery of the Atlantic Sentinels member Oracle and her marriage to fellow member the Alien Cloned Gladiator Myrmidon.

Oracle traveled throughout the country seeking out new superheroes to battle the threats held in check by the Sentinels and the Champions of Vancouver.

QM