Red Doom

Grond

Since the new Champions of the North is going to be released soon - detailing the new CU in Canada - and there are also plans a new Kingdom of Champions, I was wondering if there is a possibility that a product detailing the CU in Russia will be released. Despite some gross details (people's commando 18d6 strike with rifle butt just to name one) I kinda liked the old Russian setting.

Re: Red Doom

While I agree with MitchellS that a dedicated CU sourcebook for Russia probably isn't necessary with that country no longer a superpower in world affairs, there's certainly a lot there and in the rest of the former Soviet Union that could be further developed: Russian organized "supercrime," the remaining Soviet nuclear arsenal, Larisagrad, Beast Mountain, Tunguska, the rogue state of Taqiristan, and interests in the country by international groups such as ARGENT and the Warlord, not to mention domestic Russian supercriminals. There are enough native heroes to form the core of a new People's Legion, which apparently continues to be talked about there from time to time.

The thing is, without a specific sourcebook for the region, I'm not sure where the appropriate place would be for such material to appear. Maybe Digital Hero articles? :think:

Re: Red Doom

Red Doom is on my backburner list if you want to see that in Digital Hero. I'll ask Dave, Steven and Darren and see what they say at Origins. I don't like to ask people things like that when they're important. That's a business decision. It should be face to face, preferably over beer the freelancer provides. :)