A problem with Annie Oakley

jtelson

I'm in the process of starting a L.E.G.-esque campaign set in the early 1890's. The players have decided who they want to be (Victor Frankenstein, Annie Oakley, Rebecca Thatcher, Paul Bunyan, John Carter, and Quincey Morris)

I'm running one shot openers for each of the characters individually - to help make certain everyone understands the system, their characters and the genre. It also gives them an opportunity to make changes before we begin the actual campaign (oops should've had ride etc).

No problem Frankenstein vs. the Wolfman, John Carter of the Opera, Becky Thatcher and the Forty Thieves, Quincey Morris, Dragonslayer. Then I get to Annie Oakley and I'm totally blocked. Does anyone have any rough ideas for a short/quick pulp story I can run for Oakley: Even just a story title might be enough to snap me out of it. Thanks

Re: A problem with Annie Oakley

How about "Annie Oakley in the Rue Morgue," hunting the murderer at that Parisian neighborhood from Edgar Allen Poe's short story,

which turns out to be an escaped orangutan.

You'll have to move the date of the incident up a few decades, but since it's fiction that shouldn't be difficult.

"Annie are you Oakley (are you Oakley, Annie?)" - character discovers that her real father was in fact not a humble Quaker but famous Frontiersman Kit Carson (who died when she was 8). She encounters an old enemy of Carson's who is happy to pass the hatred on to his offspring - sets up potential enemy for her for the campaign.

Convoluted idea I know, but I just liked the title.

I think when she went to Europe one time she met Kaiser Wilhelm. Might could have her in a conflict with German spies?

Note: Though I think she met the Kaiser when she was older (early 20th century circa 1910, I think)

Annie Oakley - Elementary, my dear Annie

Annie is in Chicago at the end of a successful cattle run and decides to visit an old friend from Kansas, Kate Bender, only to find that Kate has mysteriously vanished. A brief investigation shows that many rich young women in Chicago are disappearing. Annie needs help. Luckily, she receives an offer of help from a Dr. H.H. Holmes

Thank you all for your help with this.

"V", yours had me and the Mrs laughing so hard we nearly cried.

Oddhat, It's a great idea, but Mudgett and the Chicago hotel are what I'm setting up as the campaign opener for the group (A Day at the Fair!), so I'll have to go with something else for Oakley.