[Request] West Coast Avengers Write Ups

Killer Shrike

Re: [Request] West Coast Avengers Write Ups

For every hood that gets the drop on spidey' date=' there is a Firelord out there for him to beat[/quote']

you make me cry.

Not sure if it's happy tears or sad tears.

Also, for every time the Penguin clobbers Batman with an umbrella, there's the time he took out Darkseid.

I do write higher point characters on occasion, but only when they call for it, not just to keep pace with the power creep. Big points works for cosmic campaigns or overpowered supervillians. For instance I wrote a 700 point Graviton and a 645 point Absorbing Man.

For my personal use, I see no season to give Captain America or Batman superhuman stats if you are tyring to adapt them. They're suppposed to be a peak NORMAL humans with lots of training and some gadgets. No reason for a 7 SPD, a 33 INT or a 26 DEX, as some people sometimes do:

http://www.sysabend.org/champions/gnborh/text/Batman-sb.txt

However, I've always felt that if 10 people adapt the same character into Champions, you'll probably end up getting 10 very different interpertations, and probably all 10 will be valid. I've always encouraged people who disagree with anything I write to write their own, submit it to the GNBORH, the Usenet or a message board. The more choice the merrier.

Personally I'd love it if someone started a 350 or 450 point project. I still write stuff in 4th edition at 250 points because I'm old and set in my ways, and it's what I enjoy. Please let's see the same characters written for 5th or 6th edition Champions at higher point levels!

Ok I'll simmer down. I feel the same way, but I give myself way more wiggle room on the upper end of things. As Hyperman said, 21-30 aren't superhuman in 5th and 6th. And with the mental stats it's even higher. Blame Steve.

I always liked your (assuming you're 250 pt project Matt) stuff and used them as the basis for some of my bloated "Everything" write ups on more than one occasion. I'm definitely more Sam Bell-esque.

You can see my Avengers/JLA write ups in my sig. and you are quite possibly linking my write ups from GNBORH

Though I haven't contributed in a while

oh and as to the WCA, whom are we looking for? I have a Tigra Write up in my Marvel group

5th edition primary stats in the range of 21-30 are not superhuman.

Actualy In 4th also, I remember Western hero saying the same as well as some of the other genre books. the 21-30 is the area where legendary characters are (say a real herculeas for strength of Helena of troy's for comliness), and if you do not feel characters like Batman deserve to dip into this range, well no common ground then.

Also, I want to meet the real person who can do 1/2 of what batman or nightwing can do...

Also, for every time the Penguin clobbers Batman with an umbrella, there's the time he took out Darkseid.

To be fair, I think Batman's taken out Darkseid only once. Maybe twice (I remember Bats being in a JLA/JSA/New Gods crossover, but I don't remember how it ended). Better to say that for every time the Penguin clobbers Batman with an umbrella, there's the two times he's beaten Superman like a red-haired stepchild. ;)

and it's also a time that makes me wanna read this. :D

To be fair' date=' I think Batman's taken out Darkseid only once. Maybe twice (I remember Bats being in a JLA/JSA/New Gods crossover, but I don't remember how it ended). Better to say that for every time the Penguin clobbers Batman with an umbrella, there's the [b']two[/b] times he's beaten Superman like a red-haired stepchild. ;)

and it's also a time that makes me wanna read this. :D

Or taken out 3 white Martians with a match.

by the way? Earth's molten core didn't defeat them as quickly as said match and gasoline.