A little help

Spence

I am making a Hench-Villain for one of my campaign world Criminal Master Minds ( well sorta mastermind anyway ;))

He wields a sledge hammer and I am having a problem with a build. I want him to have two tricks.

1) the old hit the ground and knock everyone off their feet.

2) topple poles/vertical beams in the direction he wants

I guess it is brain burn, but I am just pulling a blank.

For my game I have re-vamped Penny Dreadful into a "master villain" and Paddy "The Hammer" O'Conner is one of the Zoot Suit clad Hench-Villains known as the Dreadful Four, her lieutenants in the Dreadful Mob. The other three are Johnny "Wheels" Handsome, Vinny the Snake, Thomas "Tommygun" McPherson. Along with Literature she is also agog over old B&W movies and see's herself as a Bogart type.

Re: A little help

37___"Sledge Hammer" Multipower: 75pt Reserve, OAF (Sledge Hammer, -1)

7u___"Hammer Time" 8d6 EB (Physical), Explosion (+1/2), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Only Affects Targets in the Ground (-1/2), No Range (-1/2).

7u___"Proper Aplication of Force" 50 STR TK, No Fine Manipulation, No Range (-1/2), Only vs. Inanimate Objects (-1/2)

Cheers

QM

He wields a sledge hammer and I am having a problem with a build. I want him to have two tricks.

1) the old hit the ground and knock everyone off their feet.

7u___"Hammer Time" 8d6 EB (Physical), Explosion (+1/2), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Only Affects Targets in the Ground (-1/2), No Range (-1/2).

If knocking people down is the primary desired effect, you might want to throw Double Knockback (+3/4) into the mix. If my math skills haven't failed me, you end up with:

7u___"Hammer Time" 6d6 EB (Physical), Explosion (+1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Only Affects Targets in the Ground (-1/2), No Range (-1/2).

On average, this would give you 12 'BODY' at Ground Zero from which to calculate KNB, as opposed to 8 'BODY' with the straight 8d6.

If all you were interested in was knocking people down, you might also slap a Does No STUN (-3/4) limitation on it. That saves you two points! :)

Too late to help, I see.. But when has that ever stopped me?

Has anyone ever encountered Flash: Sense of Balance?

Endless debate with a past GM who thought it a perfectly reasonable build for knocking people down, even if they were standing up. That is, they'd take the prone penalties, regardless of whether they were standing or not because their bodies wouldn't know they were standing.

Anyone care to settle the question?

Too late to help, I see.. But when has that ever stopped me?

Has anyone ever encountered Flash: Sense of Balance?

Endless debate with a past GM who thought it a perfectly reasonable build for knocking people down, even if they were standing up. That is, they'd take the prone penalties, regardless of whether they were standing or not because their bodies wouldn't know they were standing.

Anyone care to settle the question?

Balance isn't a "sense" in game terms, so that's mighty cheesy. Just because it's called "sense of balance" doesn't mean it gets affected as a sense in Hero game terms. Does that mean you can Flash against Common Sense? Sense of Humor?