Combat skill levels and Multipower

Suppose someone has a WF Bows and 5 - 3pt combat levels with Bows.

Now give that character a Multipower based on arrows, with slots for RKA, flash attacks, entangles, that sort of thing.

If the multipower is defined as magical arrows, meaning any arrow drawn can be turned into one of the afore mentioned arrows, would the character be able to use his 5 combat levels with Bows?

Would he need different combat levels for the Multipower?

Sunday.

Re: Combat skill levels and Multipower

I would say as long as the Multipower represents a quiver of different arrows for Bows, then yes - they can.

After all a "bow" isn't much more than a method of throwing arrows, however you define those arrows. After all, one of the slots in the multipower can be "normal arrow."

In this case the multipower doesn't so much represent a quiver full of arrows as the magical ability to take any arrow and have it turn into a different effect.

However since I wouldn't let him use it without a bow I guess I can let him use generic bow skill levels.

Thanks.

For me it would depend on what kind of campaign I was running. If it were a Fanatasy Hero game, I would probably go with the 3 pt levels, because it could be any bow and any arrows, it just happens to be magical ones. Every other archer would be buying 3pt levels, so I would be silly to require 5pt levels to operate some magic arrows.

For a super-hero game, I would make them pay 5 pt levels if the Multipower had lots of slots, because every other character with a large number of MP slots would have to and just because this guy bought his MP through a focus shouldn't change the cost of his levels.

I say risk and you say cost

You chose trapped and I chose lost

- Beauty Pill

For a super-hero game' date=' I would make them pay 5 pt levels if the Multipower had lots of slots, because every other character with a large number of MP slots would have to and just because this guy bought his MP through a focus shouldn't change the cost of his levels.[/quote']

Why would others be forced to buy 5pt CSLs?

My Multipower Pool is a perfectly valid form of "tight group of attacks" for 3pts CSLs.

Oh.

I seem to have missed the "no matter how many slots it has" clause; is that new to 5ER or do I just need to read more carefully? My memory was that skill levels "with a tight group" meant no more than three skills, powers, or manuevers in said group. More than that required 5pt levels.

Well thanks for the correction. I know some players you have just made some players very happy.

Some people spread joy wherever they go. Others, whenever they go. - Oscar Wilde

Oh.

I seem to have missed the "no matter how many slots it has" clause; is that new to 5ER or do I just need to read more carefully? My memory was that skill levels "with a tight group" meant no more than three skills, powers, or manuevers in said group. More than that required 5pt levels.

Well thanks for the correction. I know some players you have just made some players very happy.

No change - been this way since 4E.