7/15 PD 4
4/12 ED 0
8 SPD 44
10 REC 6
50 END 5
30 STUN 2
21" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 153

Cost Power END
19 Golden form: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); Visible (-1/4)
35 Movement: Multipower, 35-point reserve
3u 1) Hyper Sprint: Teleportation 15", Position Shift (35 Active Points); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) 3
3u 2) Hyper Running: +15" Running (21" total), x4 Noncombat (35 Active Points) 3
68 Speedster Tricks: Variable Power Pool, 45 base + 23 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Half-Phase Action (+1/2) (79 Active Points); Limited to Speedster powers Limited (-1/2)
0 1) Battering Ram: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6 (25 Active Points); Only with Move through, Move by (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus +5 with grab by, move through, move by (Real Cost: 15) Real Cost: 25 2
0 2) Hyper Throwing I: Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED) (40 Active Points); OIF (Focus Blunt item of oportunity; -1/2), Range Based on Strength (-1/4) Real Cost: 23 4
0 3) Hyper Throwing II: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED) (30 Active Points); OIF Sharp object of oportunity (-1/2), Range based on Strength (-1/4) Real Cost: 17 3
0 4) I'll Take that: Teleportation 4", Usable As Attack (+1), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1 1/4), Selective Target (+1/4), Autofire (5 shots; +1 1/2) (40 Active Points); Only to Disarm (-1) Real Cost: 20 4
0 5) Passing assult: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Area Of Effect (8" Line; +1) (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) Real Cost: 27 4
0 6) Rapid attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), All attacks must be vs same target (-1/4) Real Cost: 21 4
0 7) Shredding the machine: Dispel Technological devices 15d6 (45 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) Real Cost: 30 4
0 8) Spinner: Drain DEX 4d6 (40 Active Points) Real Cost: 40 4
0 9) Vibrating hand: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Penetrating (+1/2) (45 Active Points) Real Cost: 45 4
0 10) Vibratte: Desolidification (affected by Vibration ) (40 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Extra Time Extra Phase (-3/4), Only to escape incasement (-3/4) Real Cost: 11 4
Powers Cost: 128

Cost Skill
6 +2 with passing grab, move by, move through
6 +2 with Speed tricks
15 +3 with DCV
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Computer Programming 13-
3 Cryptography 13-
4 PS: Systems operator (INT-based) 14-
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
3 Systems Operation 13-
2 KS: Computer Games 11-
2 KS: Computer Technology 11-
2 KS: Computer aplication and operating systems 11-
2 KS: Computer Science 11-
Skills Cost: 56

Cost Talent
3 Lightning Calculator
6 Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions
4 Speed Reading (x10)
Talents Cost: 13

Total Character Cost: 350

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 150

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I think you might save a few points my making the VPP a multipower. You can always add new tricks as slots with experiance later.

Pretty cool write up, overall. I question the imbalance beween the character's high STR and CON and his average BODY (although most people seem to do this). I would make his stats more balanced in general, except for the ones that are directly related to his powers (like DEX).

I think you might save a few points my making the VPP a multipower. You can always add new tricks as slots with experiance later.

Pretty cool write up, overall. I question the imbalance beween the character's high STR and CON and his average BODY (although most people seem to do this). I would make his stats more balanced in general, except for the ones that are directly related to his powers (like DEX).

Hmmm, do the "Battering Ram" dice add to the amount of damage he'll take from move throughs? If so he'd be looking at taking about 10 stun on an average movethrough... if the target moves. Otherwise 15 dice vs his 15PD... not going to be pretty, nuh-uh, straight to unconcious, do not pass go, and probably take some body while you're down there.

Wonder if there are rules for that sort of thing? You'd think getting hit by a high-speed grape which gets obliterated on impact would do less damage than a high-speed pebble. :D

Originally posted by J4y

Hmmm, do the "Battering Ram" dice add to the amount of damage he'll take from move throughs? If so he'd be looking at taking about 10 stun on an average movethrough... if the target moves. Otherwise 15 dice vs his 15PD... not going to be pretty, nuh-uh, straight to unconcious, do not pass go, and probably take some body while you're down there.

Quite so. My own martial artist/speedster can generate a 13d6 attack with a full 30" Move Through - and with her 6 PD (1/2 of her 12 PD is Combat Luck whick doesn't apply versus Move Through damage.) risks Stunning herself or even knocking herself out if the target doesn't suffer knockback. For obvious reasons this is not an attack she uses often; only in desperate situations. Otherwise she sticks with her 8d6 Martial Strike or her 10d6 Sacrifice Strike.

Rules Question:

You have the VPP set up to change as a half phase action, but you don't have "does not require skill roll," and you didn't buy a "speedster tricks" skill. Unless I'm missing something in the VPP rules it looks like he'll be rolling against a characteristic -4 every time he wants to switch tricks. I'd go with the MP instead.

GOLDRUSH version 1.0000001

I turned VPP into MP (had to lower some powers to 40 points and lower pool to 40 to have Mp cost less than VPP)

I gave more PD/ED (only when moving) to help with those move throughs. I may reduce the bonus ED and move it to the added PD.

For those who mentioned the character's characteristics. If you can give specifics that would help.

GOLD RUSH

Player:

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
26 DEX 48
20 CON 20
12 BODY 4
18 INT 8
11 EGO 2
18 PRE 8
10 COM 0
7 PD 4
5 ED 1
8 SPD 44
10 REC 6
45 END 3
35 STUN 5
21" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 158

Cost Power END
4 Golden skin: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED) (5 Active Points); Visible (-1/4)
7 Hyper Protection: +10 PD (10 Active Points); Only when moving (-1/2)
7 Hyper Protection: +10 ED (10 Active Points); Only when moving (-1/2)
35 Movement: Multipower, 35-point reserve
3u 1) Hyper Running: +15" Running (21" total), x4 Noncombat (35 Active Points) 3
3u 2) Hyper Sprint: Teleportation 15", Position Shift (35 Active Points); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) 3
40 Speedster tricks: Multipower, 40-point reserve
2u 1) Battering Ram: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6 (25 Active Points); Only with Move through, Move by (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus +5 with grab by, move through, move by (Real Cost: 15) 2
2u 2) Hyper Throwing I: Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED) (40 Active Points); OIF (Focus Blunt item of oportunity; -1/2), Range Based on Strength (-1/4) 4
2u 3) Hyper Throwing II: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED) (30 Active Points); OIF Sharp object of oportunity (-1/2), Range based on Strength (-1/4) 3
2u 4) I'll Take that: Teleportation 4", Usable As Attack (+1), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1 1/4), Selective Target (+1/4), Autofire (5 shots; +1 1/2) (40 Active Points); Only to Disarm (-1) 4
3u 5) Passing assult: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Area Of Effect (8" Line; +1) (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 4
2u 6) Rapid attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), All attacks must be vs same target (-1/4) 4
2u 7) Shredding the machine: Dispel Technological devices 12d6 (36 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 4
4u 8) Spinner: Drain DEX 4d6 (40 Active Points) 4
4u 9) Vibrating hand: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 -1 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Penetrating (+1/2) (37 Active Points) 4
1u 10) Vibratte: Desolidification (affected by Vibration ) (40 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Extra Time Extra Phase (-3/4), Only to escape incasement (-3/4) 4
Powers Cost: 123

Cost Skill
6 +2 with passing grab, move by, move through
6 +2 with Speed tricks
15 +3 with DCV
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Computer Programming 13-
3 Cryptography 13-
4 PS: Systems operator (INT-based) 14-
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
3 Systems Operation 13-
2 KS: Computer Games 11-
2 KS: Computer Technology 11-
2 KS: Computer aplication and operating systems 11-
2 KS: Computer Science 11-
Skills Cost: 56

Cost Talent
3 Lightning Calculator
6 Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions
4 Speed Reading (x10)
Talents Cost: 13

Total Character Cost: 350

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 150

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Originally posted by RevHooligan

I am working on a speedster villain for my game who had the working name Goldrush. Spooky.

Nah, My character in the game I play in is also a speedster named Gold Rush. Just a common name is all.

I chose Gold Rush because he's a speester in SF. It was either him or a brick with growth called Redwood. However, the player's comments about "Woody" helped me choose my character. ;)

HOW DO I POST AN IMAGE INTO A POST?

Check out any character post done by Killer Shrike. I know the posts done by Shrike concerning the Millenial Men have instructions on how he does it. Check it out and while your at it find the one asking for votes on the MM and vote please. We're trying to scare up some more votes;) . Also if you do vote and if you could post why you voted for who you did that would be great! We're just as interested in why people think so and so is the best/most powerful/coolest. OK nuff said, thanks in advance.:) I hope this helped you.