Images question

swordMaster

I was wondering how to build a power that creates several images (max of 3 images) of a character. I would like the character to only be able to make images of himself, and only be able to make the images near him. Most of this is not a problem, but the problem I am having is that there is no difference in point cost between making 3 images and making 50 or 1000 so, I need some ideas to restrict the power. I built the power with auto fire, (+1/4) but as I understand that is not necessary. So I was just asking for an idea. I understand that there is a book that made a mirror image power, but I can not get that book, so I was wondering if I could get some ideas from here.

Re: Images question

Just plain Images should do it. How close do you want them? If they're all in the same hex with you, then it's just regular Images. If you want to spread them out a little, you buy +1/4 for each doubling of radius.

Than add the Limitation "Only to make exactly 3 identical images of myself" -1? -1/2? And No Range.

I thik Phil has it - there is a specific limitation 'Set Image' that is worth -1/2 or -1 depending on utility, and this fits the bill perfectly.

What you seem to be doing is using the ability to give yourself a 3 in 4 chance of being missed (as one of your other images is targeted).

You could do this with 3/4 damage reduction (does not work v AoE or oppoents with enhanced senses, and RSR (opposed roll v Opponent's PER).

If it is obvious that a tragetted image is not you, and it 'disappears' or can otherwise subsequently be distinguished thena further limtiation would be appropriate (you would go to 1/2 DR then 1/4 DR then nothing)

basically, what I see, is that if I make the image with the limitation only makes 3 images, then there will be one perception roll, if they fail, then all 3 images are fake, if they pass, then all 3 images are real. If I bought the power with auto fire, and put the Effect to makes only one image, then the opponant would make one perception roll per image. I guess it is all about what you want. But thanks for the help guys I appreciate the help.

Nice point - although I'd prefer to state it the other way around - if the PER roll is MADE then it is obvious which one is real.

It would be nice to be able to 'rule out' some of the images, but still be fooled by some. Autofire might well do that, as you are then creating 3 seperate images. I like the thinking.

You could do this with 3/4 damage reduction (does not work v AoE or oppoents with enhanced senses, and RSR (opposed roll v Opponent's PER).

If it is obvious that a tragetted image is not you, and it 'disappears' or can otherwise subsequently be distinguished thena further limtiation would be appropriate (you would go to 1/2 DR then 1/4 DR then nothing)

Ooh! ablative DR - I like the concept!!

Doc

Just plain Images should do it. How close do you want them? If they're all in the same hex with you, then it's just regular Images. If you want to spread them out a little, you buy +1/4 for each doubling of radius.

Than add the Limitation "Only to make exactly 3 identical images of myself" -1? -1/2? And No Range.

Yessir, that is how I would do it.

basically' date=' what I see, is that if I make the image with the limitation only makes 3 images, then there will be one perception roll, if they fail, then all 3 images are fake, if they pass, then all 3 images are real. If I bought the power with auto fire, and put the Effect to makes only one image, then the opponant would make one perception roll per image. I guess it is all about what you want. But thanks for the help guys I appreciate the help.[/quote']

I agree with Sean. That is a nice approach to hopefully only losing one image to disbelief at a time.

Rep on the way.

or you could just go with a simpler approach and just buy some DCV levels that cost end. (and don't work against sonar/radar/blah)

Granted, images can do more, but the levels approach is a lot quicker.

This was my thinking as well...DEf man IV, costs End,not persistant, and +5 DCV, costs End, and the images become a SFX, it can even vari...sometimes Images, sometimes a Bluring effect......would work with "blink teleport" as well...