Enforcers Incorporated

Killer Shrike

Most of them I make myself. Id did all of the Enforcers Inc except the incubus, which was a photo manipulation and both Rebound & Gauntlet which were provided by Blue and photoshopped by me. Slinger I drew from scratch in Photoshop.

Im using DCU Animated templates for the rest of them. The Machine and Tenacious are based off of the Aquaman template, Bronto is based on Killowog (sp?), Jackhammer is built up off of a Superman Elseworlds template, Unger is built off of a Mr. Nobody template (and is the least converted), Richochet is built off of a Sandman template, with a modified version of Firefly's helmet, Wu is based off of a Movie X-man template, Breakneck is based off of a Kingdom Come Robin template, THUG is based off of a Lockup template, Meltdown is based off of a Bolt template, and the Brown Recluse is of course based on a Spidey template.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kristopher

I think I'll look back through my catalogue of NPCs I still haven't converted from 4th edition and see if any of them fit the bill for this project.

Cool. I didnt have time to get Cerebellum linked up last night thanx to a string of "Honey Dos" from the misses, but she's out of town tonight so I should have time ;)

Ok K.S. here another merc for you band only thing I cant supply is artwork. I present

The Gnoll

Val Char Base Cost

35 STR 10 25

25 DEX 10 45

30 CON 10 40

20 BOD 10 20

20 INT 10 10

18 EGO 10 16

25 PRE 10 15

04 COM 10 -3

15 PD 7 8

15 ED 6 9

5 SPD 3.5 15

13 REC 13 0

60 END 60 0

53 STN 53 0

Total Char Cost 200

Pts Skill/ Talents/ Perks

16 Contact: International Black Maket 19- (Very Good Relationship, Singifigant Contact of own, Extremely useful skills & resources)

6 WF: Blowguns, Crossbows, Small Arms

3 Fast Draw 14-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Bugging 13-

3 Demolitions 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 System Opp (Communications Systems)

3 Security Systems 13-

46 Total Skill/ Talents/Perks Costs

Pts Powers

15 EC: Hyena Powers

15 Hyena Bite 2d6 HKA vs PD,4d6 w/STR (30)

15 Hyena Legs: Running +15", 21" Total (30)

15 Hyena Hide: 15 PD/15 ED Damage Resistance

10 Hyena Nose: Tracking with Smell/Taste Group

5 Hyena Eyes: Nightvision

Custom Hyena Guns

33 Electrified Bolas: 4d6 Entangle, Backlash (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2), 4 Recoverable Charges (-1/2), OAF Gun (-1)

37 Flamethrower: 10d6 EB, Fire, 0 END (+1/2), OAF Gun (-1)

33 Hyena's Teeth: 3d6 RKA vs PD, Armor Piercing (+1/2), 0 END (+1/2,

6 Charges (-3/4), OAF Gun (-1)

178 Total Power Cost

414: Total Char Cost (200 Base +175 Diadvantages+ 39 XP pts)

Disadvantages

25 Distinctive Feature: Hyena Headed Mutant (Not Conc, Ext Reac,

Common Senses)

35 Enraged if dog insults are aimed at him, 14-/Rec 8- (uncommon,

berzerk)

15 Reputation: International Felon 14- (extreme, know only to small

group)

25 Hunted: UNTIL 11-, Mo Pow,NCI, Harshley Punish

25 Hunted: Interpol 11-, Mo Pow, NCI, Harshley Punish

20 Psyc Lim: Paranoid (Common, Total)

10 2d6 Unluck

20 Villain Bonus

175 Diad Total

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 265 lbs

Hair: Brown and Tan Mottled

Eyes: Red

Appearance: The gnoll looks like a very muscular antrhomprophic Hyena.

Quote: "Your staring sown the barrel of one of the biggest rifles in the world, and they say I'm the crazy one"

The day James was born he was automatically identified as a mutant, the newborn was covered with fur and a muzzle where a nose should be. As the young mutant grew his parents kept him isolated and home schooled and spoiled him with anything the boy wanted. By the time he was 15 the boy could reprogram any computer and through a lot of hacking on the internet had learned how to build bombs, custom communication systems and custom weapons. Unfortunatly for his parents James was vicious and on his 18th birthday he killed them with a carbomb so small the authorities never found any traces and ruled the cause of the explosian a fuel system problem. For many year James operated undercover at his parents home selling his sevices as a custom weapons and security system creator. He was eventually traced to his parents house and barley escaped the combined UNTIL and Interpol raid. He spent several months running, living day to day by doing quick equipment jobs and even a few assassinations. After a while he discovered that he liked killing people and began to do as much "field work" as making things. He recently was contacted by Enforcer Inc. and has begun supplying gadgets anew to all sorts of criminals around the world as well as eliminating people in Enforcers Inc's Way"

Cerebellum is a Delta-class threat. Cool.

Yeah, mentalists can be very damaging to National Security due to their stealth factor. She would be at the low end, but she definitely could acquire state secrets and sell them to a bidder who could do a lot of damage with them.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Yeah, mentalists can be very damaging to National Security due to their stealth factor. She would be at the low end, but she definitely could acquire state secrets and sell them to a bidder who could do a lot of damage with them.

And since espionage is her specialty...

Originally posted by Corven_Ren

Take your time Killer. I understand having no free time but I wold like your opinion...how do you like the gnoll??

Well, a few things. First, I dont mean for this thread to be a "critique this character" excercise; I want everyone to feel comfortable posting their characters without perhaps unwelcome scrutiny and thus have tried to refrain from analyzing characters people have been kind enough to post unless I see an actual rules gaff.

However, since you specifically asked I'll assume you are comfortable with critiquing :)

A few comments from a cursory once-over, which are not intended to be negative but are just observations follow:

1) I personally dont like taking elements of one game and genre and splicing it in to another game and genre unless the serial numbers are very finely filed off. For example, taking a decker from Shadowrun and splicing it into say a standard Champions Universe campaign as-is makes for a jaring and somewhat non-sensical character, but reasoning from effect and emulating the basic idea (guy that remotely navigates and effects digital media and mediums) might make for an interesting character. So at first glance having a mutant in a CU or other standard comic book universe that looks like a Hyena and then name that character "Gnoll" breaks the 4th wall for me. A Hyena-man called a Gnoll is pretty specific to D&D to my knowledge and indicates a kind of "bleed-over" from player knowledge vice character knowledge. I might add a note explaining -how- he got that name within the setting to his bg, like he was labeled that by the media due to his resemblance to a cartoon character called "The Gnoll" in a TV cartoon series based on the popular game "Drudging and Dragging", or something like that.

2) His stats are kind of generically high, but not a big deal.

3) This is a character with essentially 2 origin types; he's both a physical mutant and a techie. I would probably try to accentuate the duality a little more.

4) You can only have powers that cost END in an Elemental Control in 5th Edition, so the Damage Resistance is not legal.

If I were to tweak this character I would probably spend a little bit less on stats and do something to bifurcate his two special effects -- his mutant physical abilities and his techie gun bunny features.

Considering his "inventive genius with weapons" angle and his bg elements as a master armscrafter who makes a living off of it, I would probably give him some more WF's for tech weapons, maybe a PS: Armaments Tech, a KS: Weapons Blackmarket. Finally I would consider cannibalizing his guns into a ~100 Point Gadget pool for Guns Only, Change in a lab, etc. to complete the character and establish him as a true master gun-maker -- he can have a new collection of custom guns each time he is encountered.

Thats just me though, Im not saying your way is wrong or that the character isnt good -- just different perspectives/takes on a concept :)

Actuallly Killer I appreciate the criticism the name was a last minute alteration because I thought that The Hyena was to generic but if you want to alter that to The Hyena that would be fine. The Damage Resistance is not supposed to be in his EC I forgot to put a space between but if you notice that is the full cost in points for the DR. Also I made up this character with the Demo version of Hero Designer and with no rule book past or present and an old 3rd edition version of the character that a friend of mine had created for our joint campaign. I had considered giving him a gadget pool but without a book to explain how one worked I could not. I unfortunatly a little cash poor right now and will not even be able to afford sidekick anytime soon let alone the full 5th edition book. Feel free to modify him if you want. But that is your call

Re: Re: character generation

She might wear a fairly skintight outfit, with armor and padding in strategic places, on one mission, ninja togs on another mission, and an outfit that looks just like a $1000 executive suit on yet another mission. As long she can fight and be stealthy in it, it works (no costumes dominated by flashy colors or lots of skin). Plus, this confuses heroes and law enforcement.

"It can't be Cerebellum, she fights in a ninja get-up, and this chick was dressed like Emma Peel!"

"But this report suggests that it was Cerebellum who carried out the Ultragene robery, and that woman was wearing a black pants-suit!"

I was hoping that an ambitious artist could use the freedom of her ever-changing outfits to be very creative with her.

If someone wants to draw an athletic (no uber-boobs or the like), attractive, blue-eyed, brown-haired supervillainess in form-fitting armor, black with grey trim, with her mask pulled down so her face is visible...maybe a sarcastic little smile on her face. Put a grey utility belt on her, padded shoulders, elbows, and knees, maybe...

Originally posted by Corven_Ren

Actuallly Killer I appreciate the criticism the name was a last minute alteration because I thought that The Hyena was to generic but if you want to alter that to The Hyena that would be fine. The Damage Resistance is not supposed to be in his EC I forgot to put a space between but if you notice that is the full cost in points for the DR. Also I made up this character with the Demo version of Hero Designer and with no rule book past or present and an old 3rd edition version of the character that a friend of mine had created for our joint campaign. I had considered giving him a gadget pool but without a book to explain how one worked I could not. I unfortunatly a little cash poor right now and will not even be able to afford sidekick anytime soon let alone the full 5th edition book. Feel free to modify him if you want. But that is your call

Its all good; like I said the character looks fine overall.

As far as the Gadget Pool, I dont have my book w me, but from the hip a VPP Only for Guns (-1/2), Only Change in a Lab (-1/2) would prolly run you around 100 / 2 = 50 / 2 = 25 ~ 125 points. If you want Ill make the change when I get him put into HD. :)

Yeah go ahead and give him the gadget pool and change his name to Hyena when you post him on the Enforcers Inc. board.

I am going to try and get a rule book tomorrow by trading some of my old comics at a local comic store if the owner will let me. I hate to trade them but its probably the only way to get a book.

I did not mean to be dissing your criticism or sound like I could not take criticim. So I appologize if I ruffled any feathers.

Re: Enforcers Incorporated

Check out Cerebellum's post...what's up with the Appearance field on the first page of the post? It's all one line.

There is a DIV tag in the 1st description block which didnt cause any isses on the the old boards bcs I made the template the exact width of the old boards viewable area, but causes a problem on the new boards bcs the viewable width is much greater. I posted an edited version of the Export template in the Company Questions area last night that corrects it, and went thru and manually corrected my posts, otherwise they'd look the same as cerebellum.

You can either edit the UBB code for her, or just go get the updated Export Template and re-Export her.

If you want to edit it by hand its real quick & easy -- its a single tag causing the problem.

Edit the post, then CTRL+F for the find dialog. FIND->"description". Scroll down in the Edit window a few lines and you'll see a DIV tag with "Style="whitespace:pre;" or something similar to that. Highlight and Delete the entire DIV tag opener. Look after the block of description and delete the /DIV closer too. Save Edit.

Sorry for the inconvenience; just one of those version change glitches...

• 8 months later...