[WIYCT] Icons

AdamLeisemann

This thread is inspired by the following thread: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59471

The thread asks what makes a hero an icon and what various heroes are icons of.

Now, taking your characters, if they were heroic icons in their established comic book universes, what would they be icons of and why? What would they represent and how would they represent it?

Re: [WIYCT] Icons

Wow my first spin off, I hope it does better than Joanie Loves Chachi.

The Watcher - The betrayed by the people older hero, out of retirement and bitter about it.

Doctor Midnight - A tribute to classic Golden Age mystery men. With little superpower he reallies on his skills and a trusty .45 as much as if not more than any other abilities he may have.

I've written multiple other characters but these are the two that I feel are the most Iconic.

Jack Diamond: Justice. He will go to ANY lengths (including cosmetic and/or psionic surgery) to bring down a bad guy. He literally spent years setting up the downfall of the man who killed his best friend. (He may also be the patron saint of smart-@sses in his world.)

Pariah: Courage in the face of overwhelming opposition. He's faced down Genocide and TAROT and the magical cartel from which he was banished (and almost killed) and Thor and even the Anopheles and never wavered.

Desperado: Change. His life is almost nothing now like what it was before he gained his powers. Arrogant, self-centered, and impulsive, he has become a hero of inner strength and conscience.

ColdFire: Choice. Kidnapped by demon and transformed in his image, she chose to hold on to her humanity and resist his influence.

Hnh. Hellfire was iconic for intensity. She was bad tempered, wildly romantic, and religious.

The Wizard of Oz Incorporated wasn't any kind of icon.

Riptide was something of a trickster figure I suppose.

TN Lung was something of a messianic philosopher (to the point of sacrificing his life to make a philosophic point).

Pariah: Courage in the face of overwhelming opposition. He's faced down TAROT

Speaking of that.... guess which villain group I plan to introduce into the floating campaign next I GM, heh heh heh.

TAROT was my huge villain and agency in my last campaign - I used the Piers Anthony 100 card tarot deck, with 30 major trumps - they were the supervillians, and the 5 suits were the different agent branches. Very cool to run - the agents and the supers got along, and worked together, and they always had plans behind plans.

Speaking of that.... guess which villain group I plan to introduce into the floating campaign next I GM' date=' heh heh heh.[/quote']

I'll see your TAROT and raise you Fastback, Hummel, and 'Chuk (non-heroic version)....

:eg: