Pre-Interstellar Terran Empire History

Dholcrist

Alright, I've looked around the forums a bit and have been unable to find anything really. But my question is thus: has anyone run/played/written anything set in the post-Supers 2020 era and pre-Xenovore War era (early Interstellar Age).

According to the sourcebooks, that's 2020-2200's (Interstellar Age begins with invention of the Hyperdrive in 2203). While the timeline has a very general description of important events for humanity, this 200 year period is rather sparse for information, and I'd like to see if anyone has either a semi-official or even just completely made up history that fills in the blanks (politically, economically, technologically, etc.)

Interested in seeing what others have done, and if this is addressed elsewhere or has been posted before, my apologies, I'm way too tired to do any more searching for it.

Re: Pre-Interstellar Terran Empire History

Alright, I've looked around the forums a bit and have been unable to find anything really. But my question is thus: has anyone run/played/written anything set in the post-Supers 2020 era and pre-Xenovore War era (early Interstellar Age).

According to the sourcebooks, that's 2020-2200's (Interstellar Age begins with invention of the Hyperdrive in 2203). While the timeline has a very general description of important events for humanity, this 200 year period is rather sparse for information, and I'd like to see if anyone has either a semi-official or even just completely made up history that fills in the blanks (politically, economically, technologically, etc.)

Interested in seeing what others have done, and if this is addressed elsewhere or has been posted before, my apologies, I'm way too tired to do any more searching for it.

I need to dig thru some things to see if I can find my notes...I had

come up with a future history that fell in that basic period (sort of)

way back during the 1980's. It was affected by some stealing from

the future history in FTL 2448, some non-official Traveller stuff

and a film describing the 'Blue Turban Emperor'.....Yeah, it was a

mish-mash but I've tweaked it a bit over the years and it's not

awful. Let me see what I can find and I'll see about posting the

'better parts' of it. It was pretty much straight Star Hero, with little

or no mention of supers having ever existed on Earth. Mystery men ?

Yes. Capes ? Not so much.....

-Carl-

I believe there's supposed to be two "eras" in that time frame' date=' the "cyberpunk era" of roughly 2020-2080 or so, then the "Solar Hero" era of 2080-2200 or so.[/quote']

Correct, here's the official history that they had in the Alien Wars book up until first contact with the Perseid Empire:

PRE-IMPERIAL HISTORY

2020: The final battle against Tyrannon, resulting in the Universal power level dropping, ending the Age of Superheroes.

2021: Dr. Destroyer dies in a final bid to take over the world.

2075: Solar Age begins with establishment of the first Lunar City.

2093: First Martian colony established.

2094: United Nations is dissolved, and replaced by the United Earth Senate.

2104: Colony Act is initiated.

2143: First Spacer is created, and over the next few years becomes mass-produced.

2149: First portable fusion plants created.

2175: Scientist quantifiably measure human psionic abilities for the first time.

2203: Solar Age ends with the development of the first Hyperdrive.

2214: First extra-solar colony established on Alpha Centauri IV.

2253: Firt formal contact made with an extra-terrestrial civilization, dubbed the Perseids.

All that's really said about the Cyberpunk era is that people get depressed and scared of each other, and so turn to the 'Net to interact. I don't blame them for not embellishing this or the Solar Era at all, just curious as to what political/economic/technological changes would have happened in this time period that would fit in with the Terran Empire setting. I'm really trying to fill this all in before I start my TE campaign so that the players have a complete history that they can fall back on, making it a bit more "real". I'm a perfectionist when it comes to world building I guess.

I've been working on some stuff, but really just curious as to what others have to say on the subject.

And clsage, thanks! Anything you have would be greatly appreciated.

Correct, here's the official history that they had in the Alien Wars book up until first contact with the Perseid Empire:

PRE-IMPERIAL HISTORY

2020: The final battle against Tyrannon, resulting in the Universal power level dropping, ending the Age of Superheroes.

2021: Dr. Destroyer dies in a final bid to take over the world.

2075: Solar Age begins with establishment of the first Lunar City.

2093: First Martian colony established.

2094: United Nations is dissolved, and replaced by the United Earth Senate.

2104: Colony Act is initiated.

2143: First Spacer is created, and over the next few years becomes mass-produced.

2149: First portable fusion plants created.

2175: Scientist quantifiably measure human psionic abilities for the first time.

2203: Solar Age ends with the development of the first Hyperdrive.

2214: First extra-solar colony established on Alpha Centauri IV.

2253: Firt formal contact made with an extra-terrestrial civilization, dubbed the Perseids.

Wait, where is this in Alien Wars? I compiled a list of the important dates from AW, and don't recall most of these...:think:

Kinda funny that Earth loses contact with the two or three dozen alien races they met during the Superhero era...

How many of them made regular appearances on Earth? They were mostly onesies and twosies, IIRC. Not too dissimilar from the European-American contact before the 16-17th centuries...sporadic contact that didn't directly lead to any regular trade routes or colonization.

Wait' date=' where is this in Alien Wars? I compiled a list of the important dates from AW, and don't recall most of these...:think:[/quote']

I believe they were spread out throughout the book, most of the Cyberpunk era is from the introduction area of the book, others are from the pre-war years sections that I compiled. I'd have to dig up my copy and look around, I'll be sure to find them and get back to you.

Kinda funny that Earth loses contact with the two or three dozen alien races they met during the Superhero era...

Yeah, well with the downfall of supertech most alien races probably lost where Earth even was, and the few aliens here either left or died (I can't imagine the Ironside could survive being made from metal when there were no powers). Remember, the "Superhero Age" becomes a myth pretty quickly, with most evidence being chalked up as special effects.

IIRC the only race that has had repeated, semi-official contact with Earth (other than the invading Sirians, Qularr and Gadroon) during the Age of Superheroes, are the Mandaarians. They might very well continue to do so during the later eras, but as a race of non-interventionists they likely would have had little impact on Terran development.

The big unanswered "aliens" question is what became of the Hzeel invasion of Earth planned for the early 21st Century. They were the nearest interstellar power, and had scouted the planet several times. From the given timeline, the Hzeel ceased to be major players in Earth's corner of the galaxy long before humans left the confines of our solar system. Still, there might have been some disguised scouts or refugees left on Earth through the "cyberpunk" and "solar" eras, and some of their technology might have been salvaged (by others than the supervillain Warlord) and led to some of the innovations of the cyberpunk period. In fact, hidden Hzeel might have actually orchestrated the near-breakdown of human society in an attempt to seize power. :eg:

The official CU timeline mentions an alien invasion in the Solar Hero era. Probably the Hzeel.

I believe Alien Wars says the Hzeel got f'ed up by some other interstellar society. I don't remember if it was the Xenovores or not.

Hm, I don't remember reading anywhere about an alien invasion in the Solar Era. Where'd you see that?

And I think in Terran Empire they state that the Hzeel, after trying to invade Earth during the Superhero Age and having their fleet destroyed by Earth's heroes, were immediately invaded by the Perseids, who destroyed their homeworld and killed billions. Which is why in the Terran Empire setting there are only about 20 million.

In the Hero Universe document, under Solar Hero.

"An alien invasion in 2153 throws this into even deeper turmoil."

That's all the reference there is to it so far, but it's there.

Huh, interesting. I wonder why there's no mention of anything like that anywhere else. Are there any plans to further publish anything in the Cyberhero and Solar Hero settings?

Huh' date=' interesting. I wonder why there's no mention of anything like that anywhere else. Are there any plans to further publish anything in the Cyberhero and Solar Hero settings?[/quote']

For some reason I have the vague impression that a Solar Hero campaign consists of cruising around the system trying to track down people who have been infected by mind-controlling parasites.

Wait' date=' where is this in Alien Wars? I compiled a list of the important dates from AW, and don't recall most of these...:think:[/quote']

Alright, I know this is a rather late response/correction, but I was looking over my typed notes just now and had decided on actually writing out my version of the Xenovore Wars for the players to refer to (previously I had just had a brief outline) when I noticed that you're absolutely right, it's not in there. It's actually in the Galactic Champions supplement, they go into a brief overview of all preceding periods before establishing the current universe.

Sorry for the mixup, I was way off.