Teleport redirect

Cinniuint

Have been building a teleport technician character. Base power that the character is built around is Sense path teleport, discriminatory, analyze, tracking, targeting, 37 points.

Have been trying to make a power to retarget another teleporters use of teleportation. I played with mind control a bit, but it just didn't feel right.

I am currently leaning toward transformation, minor. improved results, any viable target location (ie. not into a wall, not out of target characters teleport range) reduced target options manifestation of teleport ability. This should also allow me to move gates.

Teleport is normally an instantaneous effect, so healing doesn't seem to be a concern, but what is the Body of a teleport?

I was thinking 1 per 5 active points.

Or am I on the wrong track? How would you create this effect?:confused:

No matter how subtle the wizard a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style. Steven Brust in the Vlad Taltos series

Re: Teleport redirect

I'd buy it as Teleport Usable as Attack, Ranged, only vs. people currently teleporting. Buy enough range to make you comfortable and take an additional limitation of "only up to range of target's teleport".

I don't think you could do a transform for it, though. Doesn't feel right.

I'd buy it as Teleport Usable as Attack, Ranged, only vs. people currently teleporting. Buy enough range to make you comfortable and take an additional limitation of "only up to range of target's teleport".

You might want to link a Dispell or Supress Teleportation to this attack in order to cancel out the original teleportation and have it replaced by your character's Teleportation.

Is usable vs. people teleporting an advantage? Like usable against desolidified? Since I am changing the result of their teleport rather than teleporting them myself, transform seemed technically right, but I agree that teleport attack seems right in other ways.

A friend once got a cosmetic transform to change locked locks into unlocked locks. Very inexpensive.

This seems like the best approach.

32 Transporter Beam Interception: Teleportation 10", Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1), Area Of Effect (12" Radius; +1 1/4) (80 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (Only vs. targets in the act of teleporting; -1 1/2) - END=8

I have no idea what the appropriate defense* should be.

Also, since this only effects targets in the act of using a movement ability it may also need a Trigger or Held action to allow it to be used as a kind of Reverse Dive For Cover action.

*Usable As Attack is it's own type of NND Advantage especially when applied to Movement powers.

You might want to link a Dispell or Supress Teleportation to this attack in order to cancel out the original teleportation and have it replaced by your character's Teleportation.

Don't think so. Functionally, you're essentially re-teleporting them. Points-wise, they teleport, you're just up and teleporting them again to a new location.

One problem is that teleportation happens instantly, so this power only works if the character in question is using a held action. If I go on DEX 23 and he goes on DEX 20, my teleport is done before he can act. He needs to be waiting for the other party to teleport before being able to step up and do this.

Don't think so. Functionally, you're essentially re-teleporting them. Points-wise, they teleport, you're just up and teleporting them again to a new location.

One problem is that teleportation happens instantly, so this power only works if the character in question is using a held action. If I go on DEX 23 and he goes on DEX 20, my teleport is done before he can act. He needs to be waiting for the other party to teleport before being able to step up and do this.

What if the original teleport puts him out of range?

Can I just say that this is a really cool power idea? I can? Good. It rocks.

Secondly, I'd probably use Hyperman's Teleport attack and MilkmanDan's Lightning Reflexes options.

Or perhaps Mental illusions or Mindcontrol. The guy Thinks he's teleporting to his desired location but in reality goes where the Controller wants him to?

Or...Suppress Teleporation w/ invisible effects and Hyperman's TPattack Triggered for when the victim attempts to use his own TP power? AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Mind Control only makes sense to me if it is mind control. While Transform makes sense because I am changing the result of the power's use, Transform shouldn't be used if another power will work instead. (I think that is in the rules for transform, too lazy to look right now.)

So, TP usable as an attack is best, I suppose. Should include a suppress, but that pushes the points way out of proportion to the effect, though as a master of teleport, the character will have TP as an attack and TP suppress anyway...

I am still torn between Multipower and VPP. Prefer the former, but I want the character to be able to mimic TP based powers and fx.

The really cool part is the base sense. Being a teleporter that can track teleports and target them is cool. But is still isn't all teleports. He can't sense a character moving at super speed from here to there, or stopping time and moving from here to there. I don't think that he could track a Star Trek transporter depending on the exact physics. On the other hand he might be able to track a ship in warp or a subspace transmission again depending on the physics.

Variable fx on the Multipower as a whole solves a lot of problems, but what happens when I see a new power that I should be able to copy? That question leads me to favor VPP.

Neat things like stretching, indirect, clairsentience via teleport gates, lots of other ideas...

One problem is that teleportation happens instantly' date=' so this power only works if the character in question is using a held action. If I go on DEX 23 and he goes on DEX 20, my teleport is done before he can act. He needs to be waiting for the other party to teleport before being able to step up and do this.[/quote']

Can you build the power with some sort of Trigger so that you hit the target with the power, and they're affected the next time they teleport?