LMaSH Result: Enter Keystone

Hermit

Here she is, feel free to adapt, alter, and touch her up to your hearts content. Post your own versions (Since someone jumped the gun on that anyway ;) ) if you prefer. I tried to keep her in the 'guidelines' for Standard Superheroes as mentioned in FRED as much as I could. The multiple frameworks may seem a bit bulky at first, but I wanted to for as much versatility as possible and I think this achieves that. I left her Everyman skills off because it seemed just to take up more space from the point of view of those like myself who don't normally worry about that sort of thing, and might not fit the Japanese culture correctly (given my limited knowledge compared to many) from those who prefer precision and would prefer to stat them out themselves.

Creation "by committee" has been interesting to say the least, and in the last poll, Poll X, a slim majority asked that I go with what we had, and put her together. So here we are. Many of the disadvantages are suggested by her background/history, others hinted at by posters before. For example, Great Grandpa Yoshi seemed so popular, I had him follow Ami to America and made him a DNPC. I picture her as being stationed in Minneapolis/St Paul, for some reason, maybe because I feel it would give her a bit more of her own turf, but you can put her anywhere in the Midwest/Great Lakes region easily, and some of those cities (Chicago, frex) have teams she could end up joining in the CU universe.

Thanks to everyone who joined in on this, and who contributed their time, energy, and imagination. Our latest unofficial addition to the CU superhero scene is (More or less) ready. Drum roll please....

HERE'S KEYSTONE

KEYSTONE

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

13 STR 3 12- Lift 151.6kg; 2 1/2d6 [1]

23 DEX 39 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

23 CON 26 14-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

12 EGO 4 11- ECV: 4

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

18 COM 4 13-

6/18 PD 3 Total: 6/18 PD (0/12 rPD)

5/15 ED 0 Total: 5/15 ED (0/10 rED)

5 SPD 17 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

8 REC 0

46 END 0

29 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 107

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 16"/32"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Tunneling: 7"/14"

Cost Powers END

63 Earth and Stone Control: Multipower, 63-point reserve

6u 1) Boulder Launch: Energy Blast 8d6+1, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (63 Active Points) 6

5u 2) Earthen Prison: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF, Indirect (Up from Ground below target ; +1/4) (62 Active Points); Only Affects Targets on ground (-1/4) 6

4u 3) Earthmoving: Telekinesis (35 STR), Affects Porous (63 Active Points); Only over Earth and Stone (-1/2) 6

5u 4) Earth Quake: Energy Blast 7d6, Does Knockdown not Knockback (+0), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (61 Active Points); Only Affects those In Contact With The Ground (-1/4) 6

4u 5) Ground Ripple: Energy Blast 4 1/2d6, Does x1 1/2 Knockback (+3/4), Area Of Effect (9" Cone; +1) (63 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 6

6u 6) Rock Barrage: Energy Blast 10d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (62 Active Points) 6

6u 7) Rock Shard: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6+1, +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (61 Active Points) 6

16 Earth and Stone Manipulation: Elemental Control, 32-point powers

11 1) Feel the footsteps: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (32 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Only senses those in contact with the ground (-1/4) 3

14 2) Sandstorm: Darkness to Sight Group, Radar and Active Sonar 2" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2) 8

18 3) Stone Shielding: Force Field (12 PD/10 ED/5 Power Defense), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (34 Active Points) 3

50 Earth Mover: Multipower, 50-point reserve

2u 1) Rock Sliding: Flight 16" (32 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Must be within 4" of ground/rock (-1/4) 3

5u 2) Temporary Wall Creation: Force Wall (10 PD/8 ED) (Opaque Normal Sight) (50 Active Points) 5

4u 3) Tunneling: Tunneling 7" through 7 DEF material, Fill In (45 Active Points) 4

Perks

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

Skills

5 +1 with Ranged Combat

3 Language: English (completely fluent)

1 Language: French (basic conversation)

0 Language: Japanese (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

6 PS: Cook/Chef 15-

4 KS: Fine Cuisine 13-

1 SS: Chemistry 8-

3 Earth Tricks and Stone Stunts: Power 14-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 243

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

15 Dependent NPC: Lexington Octavius Gideon 11- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

5 Dependent NPC: Oshiro Yoshi (Great Grand Father) 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

5 Distinctive Features: Aura only other "Elemental Manipulators" can sense (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Small Group)

15 Hunted: Brangomar, the Shadow Queen 8- (Mo Pow, Capture)

10 Hunted: Onichi 8- (As Pow, Steal Powers back)

10 Hunted: Foxbat 11- (As Pow, Mildly Punish/Woo/Make her dress in Sailor Scout Outfits)

10 Hunted: Scarlet Judge 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Strong romantic feelings for her boss that she feels too insecure to reveal (Uncommon, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Upholds the Good and believes in it (Very Common, Strong)

5 Reputation: Has "Property Damage" written all over her, 8-

5 Rivalry: Romantic (Ashley Eliza Vane), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

5 Unluck: 1d6

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Ami Oshiro (Frequently, Major)

5 Social Limitation: Not yet a US Citizen (Occasionally, Minor)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: Ami pushed her great grandfather's wheel chair slowly. The old man stood perched in it like some old bird of prey in its aerie, gazing at every movement. He didn't smile, he so rarely smiled. Sometimes Ami felt as if there were a cloud over his soul, and it saddened her that she could not lift it. He was not the last man to come off the islands after World War II veterans of the Empire were discovered to still be hiding out years after the war was over, but his return was a cause for celebration anyway. When asked why he had never surrendered, Oshiro Yoshi's response was simply "I surrendered a long time ago." The press soon moved onto more enthusiastic and less bitter veterans.

"So, Ami," Her Great Grandfather spoke, "Tell me, now that you are officially a chef, how goes this search for a job?"

"I, I have an offer," Ami admitted, "and it sounds so exciting, different, and it pays well, but…" She paused. Her mother and father had raised her with love, but she knew they were not entirely thrilled at this new job offer. She hesitated wondering what the patriarch of the family would say, "It is in America. Mother and Father would prefer I stay, Uncle believes it is my DUTY to stay, work here, then get a husband, he's… very old fashioned." She hoped she hadn't offended her great grandfather, but it was true. More and more Japanese women had their own ideas of what was right for them, and her Uncle seemed to consider it some sort of treason that they did.

Yoshi craned his neck to look with one wrinkled eye at his descendent, "Duty is over rated."

Ami was so surprised she let go of the wheel chair and nearly let her beloved ancestor roll into a wall. Hastily she caught up, "You…you are telling me this?"

"Oh yes, I am telling you…" and Yoshi gave a smile, one bitter, and full of pain, but a smile nonetheless, "Come with me, to the park. Have you ever heard of a hero named Master of Mountains?"

"Not well," She admitted. Yoshi nodded, and informed her.

The old man told her of a young Japanese hero, with the power to command the rocks themselves. He told of past battles with brightly garbed men of power from the lands of the Allies. Some Yoshi spoke of with admiration, others he seemed less than impressed. Oshiro Ami was an intelligent woman, it did not take her long to realize her great grandfather was speaking of his own story.

"You were Master of Mountains?" She was stunned.

"Don't interrupt," Yoshi gave a snort, then his features softened, "Yes. I had gained great powers from defeating an Earth Spirit of great might, it was more fortune than skill, and I do not want to get into details now. He offered me anything to spare his life, and I did not trust him, so I asked for the power he had so he could not hurt me if he broke his word. When war broke out, I decided to do my duty…I had no idea what duty would ask of me then. I was young. I equated duty with glory and honor. Now, let me continue?"

"Sorry Great Grandfather," Ami gave a slight nod of her head, now enraptured. She's never been able to hold still during story time as a child, and realized with some embarrassment that in some ways she still hadn't grown up.

Oshiro Yoshi returned to the tale. It was not a pretty one, the wonders of golden age costumes were no match for the horrors of war, and the story soon took a darker turn. Master of Mountains had been assigned to protect a facility in China from attack by a Soviet Golden Aged super who had stumbled too close. The battle between the men of power was fierce, and there was no denying the Russian fought like the bear that was his country's symbol. So fierce was the fighting, that eventually it ended up IN the facility.

"That's where I first saw what Unit 731 was working on," Yoshi said bitterly from his wheel chair, "I had no love for the Chinese, the Russians, or the Americans, but the things that went on in there… if I had thought gouging out my eyes would take the vision from my mind, I would have done it. I am not sure I can describe, but if you will be brave, I will try."

And he did. By the time he was done Ami felt as if she'd throw up. "What did you do?"

"I did my duty," Yoshi said, and described the fight where Master of Mountains drove a sharp shard of stone through the brave heart of the invader. After the battle, the angry young Champion of Japan demanded to know what was going on. "I was told that was not my concern, that if I truly was a modern Samuraii in my heart, I would obey unquestioning. I was under orders to tell no one, on orders from my superiors. I would do my duty."

Yosh was an old man, but he still had energy to spit to the side, "I should have killed myself in front of them. That would have taught them, yes?" another bitter smile but it quickly faded, "Instead, I left. I found that small island, and I stayed there. If they could not find me, they could not order me. I had listened to the orders of others so long; I could no longer hear my own heart. It felt dead."

"Oh great grandfather," Ami put her arms around him gently, and the old man bore the embrace with sad dignity, "I don't know what I would have done in your place."

"I do," The old man said with surety, "You would have stopped them. You would have brought them to the Emperor and asked if he knew. You would not have fought for such ugliness."

"There are –some- things worth fighting for, Great Grandfather, the innocent, the helpless, the children," Ami replied with conviction, feeling a bit cheesy as she said it, but she felt it, "It is just so easy to lose sight of that sometimes."

"Not for you, Ami. Your eyes are so clear I…" Then the old man did grin, the first non bitter smile she'd seen, "Yes, of course. Great Granddaughter, will you take a gift from me?"

"If you wish, but…"

He interrupted, "That will suffice." He took her hand, and suddenly the ground shook even as Ami was nearly overcome with a rush of energy filling her every vein. Old man and young woman had something pass between them, a gift first won in battle, and now given freely.

"Great Grandfather?" She choked out. Ami felt if she lifted her hand, stones might dance.

"A gift, to take on your journey to America. It will grow stronger with time. Use it, do not use it, but whatever you do, I ask you not to do what is your duty, but what is right with it," He said, "And know that there is often a difference."

Ami could only nod.

And from that day forth, everyone noticed that Oshiro Yoshi was smiling a great deal.

Ami Oshiro scrambled through the array of outfits in the models dressing area. Outside in the auditorium, the would-be kidnappers were even now threatening Lexington... that is, Mister Gideon, she corrected herself. She had the power to stop them, but going maskless did not seem like a wise choice. Even during the Golden Age, men and women of power knew the value of a mask and costume. Surely there would be something here she could use, and fast! She winced at her selection, at least the black bustier with gold designs didn't have tassels like her other option. Taking a deep breath, she went into action. The ground ripped up through the floor boards and carried her out into the crime scene, a gesture, and the gun man with a revolver pointed at Lex ...Mr. Gideon, was entrapped in a cage of stone rising up around him. A nod, and a wall sectioned off the other kidnappers from the crowd.

It was her first night as a superheroine, she had wanted to wait for 'the right time' before beginning patrols and the like, but even if her boss were not in danger, she couldn't let these innocents be put at risk. The 'Fashion for Famine' charity event would not be sullied by blood, not tonight!

Five minutes later, her foes defeated, and Lexington making her blush with his praise, Ami Oshiro, or "Keystone" as the press would soon dub her, could only wish her Great Grandfather could have come with them tonight and seen this. She glanced down at her outfit again and noticed the attention she was drawing. Well, maybe it was best he wasn't here after all.

Personality/Motivation: Ami Oshiro is a hero in the truest sense of the word. She believes there are good things and people in this world, and they are worth fighting for. Placing the good of others before her own is second nature to Ami for the most part, though she also realizes she must follow her dreams ,and will encourage others to do the same. One area where she is struggling with pursuing a dream is her boss.

Ami fears she has fallen in love with Mr. Gideon ("Please, Ami, call me Lexington"), her boss. The young multi-millionaire good looks caught her eye at the start, but his kindness threatens to hold her heart. Compassionate, but clueless, Lexington has a positive gift for getting into trouble, which often sends Keystone into a tizzy feeling she must keep one eye on her meal in the oven, the other on her employer or else one or both of them will end up burned.

Quote: "I am the Keystone, given to me is the power over Earth and Stone, but you have power as well... the power to turn away from this path and no longer risk the innocent by your selfishness. Sadly, I see you have no intention to use that power, so I will use mine."

Powers/Tactics: Keystone is capable of controlling the earth and rock around her in a variety of ways. While a gentle soul, Keystone's offensive capacity is extremely formidable. She can rip boulder sized chunks of stone and rock from the Earth and launch it at her foes, send a barrage of smaller stones in rapid succession, or even take incredibly strong sharpened stones cut through a foe. She can cause a localized quake, or send a shock wave that causes a ripple in the area before her, though these powers, like her ability to form an earthen prison, can only affect those in contact with the surface. While no master of mountains in truth, she can use her power to scoop up rocks and even fine soil around her.

A variant on this is her stone shielding, the ability to either raise extra stones and materials in the area to protect her by hovering between her and her attackers efforts, or (if need be) the ability to 'armor up', causing the stone to coat her like a second skin. She can raise barriers temporarily that can protect others as well.

Those attempting to sneak upon her by the ground had best be very stealthy indeed. She can feel the contact other creatures make with the Earth all around her. Those who fly will have much better luck.

Keystone continues to refine her abilities, often with her Great Grandfather's experience to guide her as to what is possible (Though he warns her that the gift seems to work differently in some ways for her). One trick she has learned after much practice is the creation of a sand/pebble storm, where the debris of earth flies like a dust devil around an area. Coupled with her senses this can lead to a great advantage for her, but it is also incredibly draining, she dare not keep it up long.

Keystone's tactics are simple. The protection of innocents is her first and foremost priority. While in her earlier fights she tried to play by the rules (She disliked surprising foes, that sort of thing) that naivety is leaving her rapidly, though she does still prefer to try at least ONCE to reason with a villain if no innocent lives are on the line. She has a hard time believing there isn't good in every person...somewhere.

Campaign Use: While her FX is Earth and Stone, Keystone is definitely an Energy Projector in archetype and fills that niche nicely with a whole list of goodies besides. Story wise, she can be used to explore either historical issues (Her great grandfather's past has already come back to haunt her in the form of hunteds), soap operic romance (Will Lexington ever notice that he has an attractive Japanese woman who is CRAZY about him working under his very roof?), or questions of holding onto an idealism in the face of many evils a super world can offer.

Some of her disadvantages require further details:

Her Great Grandfather Yoshi has come to the states with her, at his own insistence, much to the surprise of the family. A dutiful descendant, Ami takes care of the old man, though she does not suspect his true motivations. Even as she cares for him, Yoshi is looking out for her. He worries some of his old foes may yet live, and might target his heir. Perhaps, if he were to be there to offer them their TRUE enemy, it will buy her time to win. Of course, an old Japanese man in a wheel chair isn't speedy, but he is certain pride will carry him forward to help her when his legs fail. If he dies? Well, better the old die than the young, yes?

Lexington Octavius Gideon is another matter. As mentioned, Lexington doesn't seek out trouble, but he sure can find it. As a wealthy man, he seems to constantly be a target for kidnappers, loons hoping to make the news, and less than subtle supervillains who think "Your money or your life" is the height of a cunning burglary. Nor is keeping him indoors an option, a noted philanthropist, Mr. Gideon is always going to charity events and fund raisers, when he isn't holding them himself. He makes visits to children's hospitals, and enjoys making sure 'Santa' visits the poorest children by funding the old elf, so to speak.

Enter Eliza Ashley Vane, the less than compassionate woman with a plastic smile and a heart of stone even Ami's powers can't effect. Gold Digging with a capital G, Eliza masks her true nature to the target of her matrimonial advances...Lexington. And unlike Ami, SHE is of the proper social class (or so she rationalizes). Noble as Keystone is in most ways; Eliza brings out a fierce vindictiveness in Ami. The young chef hopes to drive this evil woman away like the unwanted scavenger she is. Eliza, in turn, has noticed Ami's interest in HER future sugar daddy, and under Lexington's clueless nose, a game of oneupmanship is played between two women, with himself as the prize.

Unfortunately, one man HAS noticed how attractive Ami is, at least in her heroic identity. The lunatic super villain Foxbat has decided he MUST woo the Japanese super heroine, and convince her to wear the 'Sailor Scout Earth' costume he bought. It's really all part of his master plan. Keystone is, understandably, mortified by the prospect.

Other, more sinister hunteds, wait in the wings. One Keystone has earned all her own is Brangomar, the Shadow Queen of Faerie. While the heroine first drew the Shadow Queen's ire by protecting "The Prince Gideon" from abduction, Brangomar now seeks to capture Keystone instead. She believes Keystone's earth magic maybe the key to extending the faerie realm into the mundane world.

There is, however, a being that has had a claim to Keystone's power long before the Shadow Queen even heard of the young hero though. Called Onichi ("The Stone Demon") by some, the being that Yoshi first defeated now seeks his full power back. While stripped of his control of earth and stone, Onichi still has great raw strength, and the immortal beings wounds are healed so it is ready to do whatever is required to take its gift back from the legacy of Oshiro Yoshi. What dark ritual that might be, or if it is merely the death of Keystone, is unknown to any but Onichi (And the GM).

The Scarlet Judge (The actual name is in Chinese) seeks to slay all those of Japanese descent he can find, but most especially Keystone (Probably the only reason he isn't actually IN Japan). A living plague with powers not dissimilar to what true Scarlet Fever can grant (But far more quick acting, and quick fading if stopped in time), the Scarlet Judge was once a humble Chinese worker who was dragged in for testing by Unit 731. Used as a lab animal by Ishi and his ilk, the worker was put through inhumane treatments, and injections of various diseases over a long time. He should have died, and for a time, he did... or at least appeared to. When the Scarlet Judge awoke and dug its way out of the remains of the facility, it was the 21st century. Now mad with pain and a longing for justice that never occurred after WW2, the Scarlet Judge has targeted Keystone specifically for her similarities to the former Japanese Golden Age champion... Master of Mountains, a man who the plague being knows once defended the facility from another who tried to save him.

Lucky for Ami, the Scarlet Judge isn't one of the beings that can sense her easily, but other Element manipulators seem to have a knack for it. This has put her secret Identity in danger more than once. And exposure could be a very bad thing, as while the US government doesn't often enforce their registration act, Ami isn't yet a citizen and they might make an exception in her case.

Appearance: A twenty four year old Japanese woman, like most superheroines, Ami Oshiro is an exceptional beauty. Like many of them, she seems unaware of it. She often assumes that Western Men showing interest in her are merely looking for something 'exotic' and pays it little mind, though this view is changing as she draws attention even in her superhero ID where exotic is almost mundane. Ami is a cook, and is careful to dress wisely for her duties, no long sleeves that might get caught in something, or drip into the sauce, with hair out of the way. Out and about, she prefers slacks and a nice modest blouse while keeping her long hair loose about her shoulders.

As Keystone, she keeps her hair in a ponytail so it won't get in her face while fighting (Not that she needs to be worried about being blinded) while wearing a black and gold costume. Originally cobbled together from what she could find in a "Fashion for Famine" charity fund Lexington went to, the outfit was far less modest than she was used to. A black bustier with gold designs showed her 'assets' off at first made her comfortable, and black spandex tights with gold adornments on the side are certainly form fitting. A pair of short gloves suffice to guard her finger prints, and a mask shielding the nose and mouth take care of the rest. Lately, she's begun fine tuning this basic design, changing the gold patterns on the bustier to be more authentically Japanese. She also wonders if she shouldn't get a different type of mask. She may yet.

While her chosen costume is not indecent (at least by superheroine standards), Keystone is having a hard time admitting to herself that she rather likes the attention it drew from her normally oblivious employer the first time he saw her in it (Not that he knew who was behind the mask, thank god. She'd just die if he did!)

Her great grandfather has voiced his concern she'll catch a cold.

Re: LMaSH Result: Enter Keystone

Thanks, sorry again for jumping the gun. This one's a bit more simple, but has less energy projector and a bit of the metamorph (it was a tight second) integrated into the stats. Defenses are intentionally on the low side, so she can be a damsel in distress at need, and not able to supersede the players.

-----

Keystone/Kanameishi

Val Char Cost

20/50 STR 10

20 DEX 30

23 CON 26

10 BODY 0

10 INT 0

10 EGO 0

15 PRE 5

24 COM 7

10/22 PD 6

10/22 ED 5

5 SPD 20

10 REC 2

60 END 7

35 STUN 3

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

4"/10" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 121

Cost Power

90 Earth and Stone Control: Multipower, 90-point reserve

9u 1) Rock Throwing: EB 10d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Indirect (Same origin, any direction; +1/2) (87 Active Points)

6u 2) Eruption: EB 9d6, Explosion (+1/2), Indirect (Same origin, any direction; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Limited Power Only Against People on or near the Ground (-1/2)

6u 3) Earth Mover: Telekinesis (40 STR), Affects Porous, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (87 Active Points); Only Works On Limited Types Of Objects Earth, Rock, and Stone (-1/2)

7u 4) Wall of Rock: FW (10 PD/10 ED; 5" long and 2" tall) (Opaque Sight Group), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (87 Active Points); Limited Power Wall must be in contact with ground (-1/4)

7u 5) Earth Shaping: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (87 Active Points); Limited Power Only against targets within 4" of the ground (-1/4)

6u 6) Tunneling 12" through 12 DEF material, Fill In, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (87 Active Points); Limited Medium Earth, Stone, or Stone based contruction materials (-1/2)

20 One with the Earth: Elemental Control, 40-point powers

16 1) Earth Surfing: Flight 20" (40 Active Points); Only on or within 4" of an earth or stone surface (-1/4)

25 2) Density Increase (6,400 kg mass, +30 STR, +6 PD/ED, -6" KB), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points)

12 Skin of Stone: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); Linked (Density Increase; -1/2)

5 Earth Blessing: LS: Breathe Underground (Expanded Breathing)

Powers Cost: 209

Cost Skill

6 +2 Multipower

3 Disguise 11-

4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)

2 PS: Sculptor 11-

5 PS: Gourmet Chef 14-

Skills Cost: 20

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Distinctive Features: VERY attractive young lady (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: Brangomar, the Shadow Queen 8- (Mo Pow, Capture - What a pretty thing...)

10 Hunted: Foxbat 8- (As Pow, Capture - She will be mine!)

15 DNPC: Lexington Octavius Gideon - wealthy employer 11- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

10 Physical Limitation: Can't swim, heavier than water. (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs. Killing (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Sincerely believes that there is good in all people (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Sonics or Vibration (Set of Uncommons)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Total Character Cost: 350

-----

Background: Done by Hermit, and a fine job of it at that!

Personality/Motivation: Done already, and again kudos to Hermit

Appearance: Ami Oshiro is a stunning young woman, an unusual side effect of her powers, and she's learned the hard way to use clothing and cosmetics to conceal it. Another odd effect of her powers is that although she's a petite looking woman she weighs over two hundred pounds. In her civilian ID she looks frumpy and plain thanks to her disguise skill, but as Keystone she lets her beauty show. Her appearance causes more trouble than good, but she likes having the freedom to be who she is. Two of the problems emerging from this are Brangomar and Foxbat...

Powers/Tactics: Keystone has the power to control the forces of earth and stone, and also to take on the qualities of earth and stone for herself. When she's at one with the earth she weighs several tons, and is quite strong and tough, though not nearly what could be called a true brick. Much of her power is based on the ability to move earth, stone, rock, and constructed materials based on those substances. She can cause chunks of rock to fly up from the ground, cause massive eruptions of dirt and rock, move those substances about, and create walls or wrap people up with those substances.

Keystone is an amateur hero, though she does have some natural skill with her new powers. She's best played conservatively, moving away from combat and holding an action or blasting at people from a distance. The best attack she has to lead with is her Entangle, and she has some utility to a group of heroes with her Force Wall and Telekinesis. She is capable of doing quite a lot of damage with punches, move bys, or move throughs (17d6!) but lacks the defenses or skill to slug it out in melee.

Because she's partly an elemental creature of earth and stone Keystone is vulnerable to attacks that vibrate or shake her body, she's unusually heavy for her size, and will literally sink like a stone in water, but if she sinks fast enough can tunnel down into the earth where she can breathe.

Campaign Use: NPC heroes like Keystone are best kept of equal or lower power to the PCs. She makes a decent foil against cold hearted or vigilante heroes, showing that it's possible to be a decent human being and fight against crime. What she shouldn't ever do is overshadow the heroes, or be used as a means of flagrantly railroading players into behaving decently. She'd also make a good love interest, or super powered damsel in distress.

To lower her power lower the active points of her Multipower and reduce the amount of density increase she can have. To increase her power increase her defenses, dexterity, speed, and combat levels. If you want her to be able to fight in melee then give her some elements from the Judo or Jiujitsu martial arts package. If you need her to have a wider variety of powers add more slots to the MPP. Some good ideas are a flexible AOE Entangle, Tunneling that can be used as an attack, and a variety of EBs.

Well, to bounce the compliments back at you guys, SOMEone had to do all that voting, and the commentary in the threads inspired me greatly. Alice's preference for the romantic longing for the boss, Log giving the boss a name *G* and many others with fine suggestions that worked out quite well I think.

I echo the praise. It needs a little tweaking, of course, but you've already pointed that out yourself.

Tweaks, changes, or your own version are welcome to be posted here.

All it really lacks is one of our more talented artists giving a full-fledged illustration. ;)

I would love to see one of Storn's takes on her in action myself

Or maybe she's fighting for her life, her mask having been ripped off, in the classic "One will stand, one will fall!" finale with her arch nemesis, the fate of (dare I say it? "Dare Dare!") the WORLD on the line!

Or practice... practice is good ;)

Since this is a committee character... Some changes I'd make:

Drop the Temporary Wall Power, turning the last MP into a Earth Movement MP, adding some other possible slots later (Teleport: Only through rock perhaps).

Take the 5 Points at stick them into BODY, she's the Earth, she should have more of that. +2 BODY (4pts, leaving 1 leftover)

Drop her DEX to 20, sure CV drops to 7, but she doesn't have much in the way of DEX Rolls to that loss isn't a big deal. In fact, I'd base her Power Skill off of CON giving her currently 0 DEX Based Skills.

Divide the 6 points gained from DEX (keeping her SPD the same takes up 3 of the returned points) and divided them up as: +1 STUN (even number aesthetic, 1pt), +2 REC (4pts), +4 END (1pt, plus that last point from the Temp. Wall Power that ddnt go into BODY)