What's it based on?

Haven Walkur

Re: What's it based on?

Can you buy levels as normal (3/2) in Teamwork or Cramming?

I had to look this up the other day, myself. :D

Teamwork is a 3/2 DEX skill.

Cramming allows you to use any skill, if you have some time* to familiarize yourself with it, at an 8-. It can't be bought higher, but you can purchase Cramming multiple times in order to learn multiple skills. Once the adventure is over, you lose the skill you Crammed (unless you want to purchase it with points).

*"Some time" is a few hours to a couple of days, though I suppose the GM can make whatever call is required for the game.

IIRC' date=' cramming gets no levels except for overall. Don't quote me on that though.[/quote']

You're right. You can buy Cramming multiple times to have more than one 'crammed familiarity' at a time, but you can't buy it up.

Teamwork, of course, can be bought up in levels just like almost any other dex skill (Barring any campaign limitations)

Are you sure you can use even Overall SL's with Cramming? I thought you couldn't use anything to improve that 8-.

You are correct. Let us open our hymnals to FREd, pg. 43, 1st paragraph: "No Skill Levels (not even Overall Skill Levels) add tot he 8- chance to perform a Skill with which a character is Faimiar, since the character doesn't understand the Skill well enough to use his expertise."

On a tangential note, the best use for Cramming I've come across is cramming for basic language fluency. Works great in games when the GM decides to send the PCs to a foreign country without checking their language skills first.

"We're going where? Quick, log me onto a translation site and lemme study this while we're en route ..."