Sailor Sun, formerly Solara

Mark Rand

The thread "Pretty Sailor Bulldozer", created by Nexus, got me thinking about Solara again.

First, what is she? She's a Sailor Senshi. In a sense, she's Sailor Sun, or Sailor Sol, which is why I changed the character name. Her uniform and powers have to reflect this. They do. Her uniform is a planetary Sailor Senshi's basic one in solar colors (gold and orange) and her powers will be in a multipower and, I think, fit the style.

Now, her civilian identity. For some reason, I like the image of Tim Clark, a socially-inept, wimpy 9th grader with Coke-bottle glasses becoming this stunning, and confident, 18-year old heroine. Sure, it'll require a multiform, but it's cool.

Edit: the colors have been changed. Yellow is the primary color, orange is the secondary color, red is the tertiary color.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sailor Sun, formerly Solara

Now, her civilian identity. For some reason, I like the image of Tim Clark, a socially-inept, wimpy 9th grader with Coke-bottle glasses becoming this stunning, and confident, 18-year old heroine. Sure, it'll require a multiform, but it's cool.

so... Tim is a transvestite?:eek:

so... Tim is a transvestite?:eek:

No. Tim's body is transformed in the process of changing to Sailor Sun. He can do this because he possesses what is called a "Sailor Crystal".

According to Naoko Takeuchi, who created the series, only females can be Sailor Senshi, however, Tuxedo Mask, a guardian instead of a Sailor Senshi, has one.

Tim can be a Sailor Senshi because he is the reincarnate of a female warrior. Her genetic code, possibly her DNA, is within the "Sailor Crystal".

Edit: Here is the URL for the Wikipedia article on the Sailor Senshi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_Senshi.

Tim lives in the CU, which is the same universe the other Sailor Senshi are in. However, since they live in Japan, most people don't know about them.

Tim's parents are dead. He lives with his aunt, and legal guardian, Lynn Connors, R.N., a school nurse who likes to work out.

Tim's transformation item is a signet ring that he received in the mail along with the following instructions, "Place the ring on the ring finger of your left hand. Touch the insignia while saying 'Sun power makeup', then press on the insignia". He did. A glow surround him. When it disappeared, Sailor Sun stood in his place. He (or is it she) fainted.

So is it time to make a Sailor Senshi team ala hero? If we base them all on stars' date=' we can have Sailor Epislon, Sailor Centauri etc.[/quote']

Maybe, but they're probably not in the campaign city. Even if they are, the Sailor Senshi fight a foe most supers usually don't.

Sounds a lot like Ranma. Who was cursed to turn into a girl in cold water' date=' and to turn back into a boy with hot water. His father had it worse. He turned into a Panda bear.[/quote']

True, but Tim has more control over his transformation.

just a reminder: I made the Sailor Senshi circa the Sailor Moon R movie back in 4th Ed. the character sheets are up on Surbrook's site.

I've seen them and am very impressed with your work.

Sailor Sun will be somewhat more powerful then the other Senshi from Sailor Moon R, but then, she works alone.

Two character writeups and one book have provided information used in creating Sailor Sun.

Her movement multipower is taken, with permission, from Snake Handhi's character Amy Amazing. Yamamura has given permission for using ideas from Princess Candy Ai's power up for Sailor Sun. Thanks.

Sailor Sun's spell multipower is an edited version of the Solar Spell Package on page 109 of Dean Shomshak's book The Ultimate Mystic. Great book.

I'll start creating the character tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll post it by the end of the week.

Here are the colors of Sailor Sun. Tim has brown hair and blue eyes. Sailor Sun has red hair and green eyes.

White (all Senshi) - leotard, three stripes on collar, knee-high boots, elbow-length gloves.

Gold (all Senshi) - headband/tiara.

Yellow (primary color) - skirt, collar, choker, trim on cuffs of boots and gloves, headband/tiara stone.

Orange (secondary color) - front bow, back bow.

Red (tertiary color) - front bow brooch, earrings

Here's Tim's sheet.

[b]Tim Clark - alter ego of Sailor Sun)[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
8    STR     -2   8      11-       HTH Damage 1 1/2d6  END [2]
10    DEX     0   10      11-       OCV 3 DCV 3
10    CON     0   10      11-
10    BODY    0   10      11-
12    INT     2   12      11-       PER Roll 11-
10    EGO     0   10      11-       ECV: 3
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
10    COM     0   10      11-
2    PD      0   2             2 PD (0 rPD)
2    ED      0   2             2 ED (0 rED)
2    SPD     0   2                 Phases:  6, 12
4    REC     0   4
20    END     0   20
19    STUN    0   19
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
2    LEAP     0   1 1/2"                1 1/2" forward, 0 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 0[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
4      CK Pittsburgh 13-
6      AK Congregation Beth Israel 15-
2      KS Judaism 11-
3      Paramedics 11- [Notes: Learned from his aunt, and guardian, a nurse.]
3      Language:  Hebrew (fluent conversation; literate)
2      KS the public transit system 11-
0      Language:  English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

[b]SKILLS Cost: 20[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Social Limitation:  minor, under 16 (Frequently, Minor)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 10[/b]

Base Pts: 0
Exp Required: 10
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 20

I just realized that I don't need to do this character as a multiform. A limited shape shift will do fine.

:nonp:

Perhaps, again, my understanding of the rules is limited, but IIRC, Shape Shift confers no powers, yes? To get 'powers' you'd need multiform; or you just LOOK like a Sailor Scout instead of actually BEING a Sailor Scout. Am I mistaken? (It happens, this week more than most; first there was the Ozymandius thing, then a whole bunch of rules I got corrected on...)

:nonp:

Perhaps, again, my understanding of the rules is limited, but IIRC, Shape Shift confers no powers, yes? To get 'powers' you'd need multiform; or you just LOOK like a Sailor Scout instead of actually BEING a Sailor Scout. Am I mistaken? (It happens, this week more than most; first there was the Ozymandius thing, then a whole bunch of rules I got corrected on...)

Shape shift with instant change and a number of OIHID powers. I'll probably have to make Tim less of a wimp, too.

Shape shift with instant change and a number of OIHID powers. I'll probably have to make Tim less of a wimp' date=' too.[/quote']

Then you'd have to redo Tim completely, giving him (Tim) the powers straight, and make them all OIHID, depending on how powerful Tim becomes. For me, looking at it through a "Captain Marvel" type lens, then I see that as a Multiform; there're way too many changes from Billy to Marvel to account for them purely with OIHID. However, someone like Iron Man who slaps on a powered suit, CAN buy his powers that way.

Not saying one way is right or wrong, I'm saying from a GM standpoint, the scale of his improvements should be the guiding force here. I don't see him putting on a mask and gaining power; he has to do the thing, get the cut scene, become a girl, and the girl form then has the improved strength, speed, skill, martial arts and various powers. So to me, this is Multiform.

YMMV.

Then you'd have to redo Tim completely, giving him (Tim) the powers straight, and make them all OIHID, depending on how powerful Tim becomes. For me, looking at it through a "Captain Marvel" type lens, then I see that as a Multiform; there're way too many changes from Billy to Marvel to account for them purely with OIHID. However, someone like Iron Man who slaps on a powered suit, CAN buy his powers that way.

Not saying one way is right or wrong, I'm saying from a GM standpoint, the scale of his improvements should be the guiding force here. I don't see him putting on a mask and gaining power; he has to do the thing, get the cut scene, become a girl, and the girl form then has the improved strength, speed, skill, martial arts and various powers. So to me, this is Multiform.

YMMV.

You're probably right. On the other hand, Yamamura's Princess Candy Ai uses OIHID. This is the kind of scale I'm working on. Here's the URL for her sheet: http://wanderingthoughts.net/Chara/princesscandy.html.

You're probably right. On the other hand' date=' Yamamura's Princess Candy Ai uses OIHID. This is the kind of scale I'm working on. Here's the URL for her sheet: http://wanderingthoughts.net/Chara/princesscandy.html.[/quote']

Then yeah, Tim needs rewritten with OIHID and the Incantation, Gestures & Focus lims to activate the powers group.

I think I'll make Lynn Connors, R.N., first. In addition to being Tim's aunt, and legal guardian, she's a skilled nurse. Additionally, her maternal grandmother, now deceased, was the last Sailor Sun, and Lynn has her diaries and press clippings.

As an afterthought, Lynn could be the local superhero team's nurse, and they're training Tim/Sailor Sun.

Question, would Lynn be a normal or skilled normal? Either way, she could be Tim's primary DNPC.

Here's Tim's aunt, and guardian, Lynn Connors. I'm assuming she was laid off by the school board and became the team's nurse.

License to practice a profession is on there twice because she has a nursing license and is a certified school nurse.

[b]Lynn Connors - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
10    STR     0   10      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [2]
18    INT     8   18      13-       PER Roll 13-
14    COM     2   14      12-
4    REC     0   4
20    END     0   20
20    STUN    0   20
2    LEAP     0   2"                2" forward, 1" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 10[/b]

0      Acting 8-
3      Climbing 11-
3      Concealment 13-
9      Conversation 14-
0      Deduction 8-
7      AK: Pittsburgh area 16-
2      KS: local transit system 11-
4      KS: Judaism 13-
7      AK: Congregation Beth Israel 16-
4      Language:  Hebrew (completely fluent; literate)
9      Paramedics 16-
2      SS 11-
1      TF:  Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
7      KS: History of Sailor Sun 16-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 58[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
2      Fringe Benefit:  License to practice a profession, License to practice a profession
3      Access

[b]PERKS Cost: 5[/b]

20     Social Limitation:  Subject to orders (Very Frequently, Major)
20     Psychological Limitation First, do no harm:  Code vs killing (Common, Total)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 40[/b]

Base Pts: 20
Exp Required: 13
Total Character Cost: 73

I've tweaked Lynn a little. Here's the revised version.

[b]Lynn Connors - [/b]

10    STR     0   10      11-       HTH Damage 2d6  END [2]
18    INT     8   18      13-       PER Roll 13-
14    COM     2   14      12-
4    REC     0   4
20    END     0   20
20    STUN    0   20
2    LEAP     0   2"                2" forward, 1" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 10[/b]

0      Acting 8-
3      Climbing 11-
3      Concealment 13-
9      Conversation 14-
0      Deduction 8-
7      AK: Pittsburgh area 16-
2      KS: local transit system 11-
4      KS: Judaism 13-
7      AK: Congregation Beth Israel 16-
4      Language:  Hebrew (completely fluent; literate)
9      Paramedics 16-
2      SS 11-
1      TF:  Small Motorized Ground Vehicles
7      KS: History of Sailor Sun 16-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 58[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
2      Fringe Benefit:  Nursing license, School nurse's certificate

[b]PERKS Cost: 2[/b]

20     Social Limitation:  Subject to orders (Very Frequently, Major)
20     Psychological Limitation First, do no harm:  Code vs killing (Common, Total)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 40[/b]

Base Pts: 20
Exp Required: 10
Total Character Cost: 70