[Race for review] War Trolls

Corven_Ren

Using the wonderful non human ncm creator on KS website. I have created a template for one of my custom fantasy races. I used the KS's creator saved it and then added the races natural abilities to the template. Here is a copy of the base template without starting points or disads points. Let me know what you think.

[b] - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
20    STR     10   20      13-       HTH Damage 4d6  END [4]
10    DEX     0   10      11-       OCV 3 DCV 3
15    CON     10   15      12-
15    BODY    10   15      12-
8    INT     -2   8      11-       PER Roll 11-
5    EGO     -10   5      10-       ECV: 2
15    PRE     5   15      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
5    COM     -2   5      10-
9    PD      5   9             9 PD (5 rPD)
8    ED      5   8             8 ED (5 rED)
2    SPD     0   2                 Phases:  6, 12
12    REC     10   12
35    END     3   35
38    STUN    5   38
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
4    LEAP     0   4"                4" forward, 2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 48[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
11     [b][i]Born From Stone But Can't Go Back[/i][/b]: +10 BODY (20 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Conditional Power Power does not work in Uncommon Circumstances (Only Vs Petrification; -1/4) - END=
5     [b][i]Dense Flesh[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED) - END=0
5     Nightvision - END=0
16     [b][i]Troll's Blood[/i][/b]: Healing 2 BODY, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) - END=0
5     [b][i]Troll's Body[/i][/b]: LS  (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes; Longevity: 400 Years) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 42[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     War Trolls Characteristic Maxima
10     Distinctive Features:  War Troll (Concealable With Magic; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15     Physical Limitation:  Large & Heavy (9' tall 450lbs) (Frequently, Greatly Impairing) [Notes: Due to their immense size Armor for War Trolls cost double the listed price. Also they cannot use any weapon smaller than a short sword effectively]
15     Psychological Limitation:  My Word is My Bond (Uncommon, Total)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 60[/b]

Base Pts: 75
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 90

History: War Trolls are, by origin, a magically bio-engineered race. They were created during the Troll Wars to help battle normal trolls. However unlike normal trolls war trolls can walk freely in the daylight.

Description: War Trolls both male and female stand between 81/2 to 9 feet tall and weigh roughlt 450 lbs. Their skin is generally red but there have been some who have bown or grey skin. Their hair is white, black or grey and their eyes are yellow. They reach matuity at 25 and can live up to 400 years.

Personality: While they can be a little crude and gruff at times. The war trolls most redeeming quality is their loyalty, once a War Troll pledges friendship or fealty to a person or quest they are loyal unto death.

Relations: War Trolls get along well with most of the common races. They are often hired as guards or bouncers in human cities and dwarves will often hire them to work in their forges due to their great strength and endurance.

Re: [Race for review] War Trolls

To me it looks like he needs more STR. Afterall' date=' if you're using KS's racial packages, then a War troll is only as strong as an Orc, which doesn't make much sense. I'd say at least a base STR of 20, 25 if they're meant to be REALLY strong.[/quote']

Good Point..thank you..will edit...also forgot something else anyway

Ok, sorry, yesterday got crazy. So, looking over now, it all looks good, but one thing you might want to consider:

Trolls usually regenerate...or that is to say, the term Troll carries that connotation. From a mechanical / labeling stand point the only real difference between say a Troll and an Ogre is that one regens and the other doesn't.

The Stone Troll write up on my site has 3 BODY / TURN which is a high, but matches the effect I was going for. Of course, my Stone Troll is a 70 point upper-rung race package only marginally intended for PC's.

For your purposes, a 1 Body / TURN regen for 7 points would finish the build IMO. Regen is so cheap for the base effect that it doesn't make sense to push the time down save for concept reasons.

If it were me I'd make the Dense Flesh ability as Damage Resistance rather than Armor. Or at least that's what would 'feel' better to me. When I see armor as a natural ability I think of thick leathery or boney plates' date=' like an armadillo or rhino. But that is just my opinion.[/quote']

Yah. I gave my Stone Trolls both, since they have a rocky / durable hide on the outside, but the flesh underneath is tough too.

Ok, sorry, yesterday got crazy. So, looking over now, it all looks good, but one thing you might want to consider:

Trolls usually regenerate...or that is to say, the term Troll carries that connotation. From a mechanical / labeling stand point the only real difference between say a Troll and an Ogre is that one regens and the other doesn't.

The Stone Troll write up on my site has 3 BODY / TURN which is a high, but matches the effect I was going for. Of course, my Stone Troll is a 70 point upper-rung race package only marginally intended for PC's.

For your purposes, a 1 Body / TURN regen for 7 points would finish the build IMO. Regen is so cheap for the base effect that it doesn't make sense to push the time down save for concept reasons.

Ah...yes I know trolls generally regenerate. However in my campaign world most trolls turn to stone in daylight. War trolls can go out in daylight but lost the regen. I might however give them a lower regn rate instead of none at all.

Ah...yes I know trolls generally regenerate. However in my campaign world most trolls turn to stone in daylight. War trolls can go out in daylight but lost the regen. I might however give them a lower regn rate instead of none at all.

Or you could give them an incredibly high Recovery rate..like 15 REC or so. Thus they heal 1 body every other day and they don't like to "stay down" in battle (unless you kill them)

KS pointed out the one thing that jumped at me; loyalty = psych lim, "Vow of Fealty, Uncommon, Strong" would likely cover it. Otherwise, it looks solid (as I start reading these things on a regular basis, only been, what? Two years? May as well start sometime...)