Looking for HPA Pulp Adventure Recommendation

SCUBA Hero

Re: Looking for HPA Pulp Adventure Recommendation

Hmmm... acting on the theory that for this sort of event you want something that's (a) relatively straightforward, and (B) easy to run to completion within a four-hour block of time, I would suggest any of the following:

The Locomotive Pirates

The Radio Marauders

Nazi Death-Zombies of the Congo

Spears of the Tisangani

Spears of the Tisangani, in fact, was an adventure I ran at several cons before publishing it. OTOH, one of those cons was DieCon the year I was a guest there, so you might run into some players who are familiar with it. ;)

Whoops! I thought that there would be pre-generated PCs for the adventure. Anyone willing to share suitable characters?

What point level are you looking at? I have some Pulp Supers in the High Powered Heroic/Low Powered Supers point range. They could be adjusted down to a more heroic level.

They are:

Sam "Doc" Harrison, world renowned explorer and adventurer (aka The Masked Avenger)

Jim Adkins, Ace Reporter (aka The Grey Shadow)

Clara St. James, Aviatrix Extraordinaire (aka The Rocketeer)

Professor Alexander Mason (aka The Brain)

As written they are a little tougher than DZ's is probably looking for, but they are a bit skill heavy.

If you have a copy of Masterminds and Madmen, many of the characters in it, although written as opponenrts for characters, can be adapted as PCs with little trouble. They come in all power ranges as well.

Or, if you wanted, you could use Randall's Raiders from the Pulp Hero book, adding points if you feel the need.

Thanks to the several HEROphiles with their own fine pulp gaming websites, there are a number of interesting characters to choose from, from diverse backgrounds and with varying power levels:

Daredevils

The Odyssey League

Thrilling True Tales

Amazing Adventures!

For the past couple of years I have run an "Intro to Hero System/Champions" game at DieCon' date=' and I'm looking to run something else. Any recommendations for a Hero Plus Adventure suitable for running at a convention? I see there are several pulp adventures for sale.[/quote']

I've used Solar Smith and the Sky Pirates of Arcturus! (DOJHEROHPA02) a few times. Great fun.

For the past couple of years I have run an "Intro to Hero System/Champions" game at DieCon' date=' and I'm looking to run something else. Any recommendations for a Hero Plus Adventure suitable for running at a convention? I see there are several pulp adventures for sale.[/quote']

Take a look here too http://www.sysabend.org/champions/gnborh/index.html and go to Organized by Group Affiliation and then Classic/Pulp

JimOz mentioned it on another thread.