Does anyone have any idea why this is legal?

CaptD

Re: Does anyone have any idea why this is legal?

This raises another question I'd like to ask. For long distance Teleporters (like those who can "teleport anywhere on Earth")' date=' do you make them buy enough Teleportation + Megascale to cover the Earth's Circumference or Diameter?[/quote']

Assuming you can teleport in any direction, you should only have to travel its diameter. Any other point on earth is closer than that.

Also, teleporting "99.9% of the way around the world to wind up 15' away" shouldn't work under most SFX, since the curvature of the earth won't usually be relavant to calculating the distance traveled.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can find nothing that says the error isn't in 3 dimensions' date=' meaning up (in the air, or space) and down (in the ground, or magma) are possible results. :eg:[/quote']

This raises another question I'd like to ask. For long distance Teleporters (like those who can "teleport anywhere on Earth")' date=' do you make them buy enough Teleportation + Megascale to cover the Earth's Circumference or Diameter?[/quote']

I think the two should link. If your Teleport can move you straight through the planet, so diameter is relevant, then a miss could be too high or too low. If your teleport can't be too high or too low (say, SFX is superspeed running), you move along the circumference and need the greater distance.

With a fully blind teleport, the teleporter has to make an attack roll vs DCV 3, with a -5 OCV penalty. Success means he teleports to where he intended. Every 1 the roll is missed by is a 1" error. And if the Teleport is Megascaled, so is the error... :ugly::eg:

I can find nothing that says the error isn't in 3 dimensions, meaning up (in the air, or space) and down (in the ground, or magma) are possible results. :eg:

Yup. It isn't a good idea to TP somewhere if you can't see where you're going, or don't have either a floating or fixed location for. :) It is even less of a good idea with a Megascaled TP. :eg:

I have a question about this. Teleportation/ExtraDimensional Movement with UAA gives the ability to transport an unwilling person. But it doesn't answer (IMO) the question of whether or not the character has to go along with them.

The ability to *send* someone to the elemental plane of fire is more useful than the ability to *take* someone there. In the former, you don't have to expose yourself to the conditions at the end of the transit.

Not only do you not have to go with them if you buy TP or EDM as an Attack, you in fact cannot use it to move yourself. You'd have to buy it again without UAA to be able to move yourself. :)

Not only do you not have to go with them if you buy TP or EDM as an Attack' date=' you in fact cannot use it to move yourself. You'd have to buy it again without UAA to be able to move yourself. :)[/quote']

So to build the Nightcrawler "Grab-n-Bamf-Bamf-Bamf-Bamf" like in the X-Men comic book, he'd have to buy his own Teleport, and a Linked UAA Teleport, *and* the Linked Stun Drain (or however you build the attack)?

Which makes that F/X more expensive than say "I grab and Bamf with them to some other spot, let go, then Bamf right back to where I was in the blink of an eye". Which would eliminate the need to use both powers (the personal 'port and the UAA 'port).

I think the two should link. If your Teleport can move you straight through the planet' date=' so diameter is relevant, then a miss could be too high or too low. If your teleport can't be too high or too low (say, SFX is superspeed running), you move along the circumference and need the greater distance.[/quote']

If the F/X is superspeed running, then I'd say "Well, buy Megascaled Running instead of Megascaled Teleportation if you don't want to risk appearing in the ground or way up in the air." The F/X of "Running" shouldn't trump the Mechanics of the Teleportaion power.

The risk of mis-teleportation is IMO the main reason why world-spanning Teleportation doesn't have to buy as much as world-spanning Running or Flight.

Even with Safe Blind Teleport it's still possible to appear way up in the air, or out in the middle of the ocean's surface. All it does is mean the trip itself doesn't kill you. It makes no guarantee about what happens once you arrive.

If the F/X is superspeed running, then I'd say "Well, buy Megascaled Running instead of Megascaled Teleportation if you don't want to risk appearing in the ground or way up in the air." The F/X of "Running" shouldn't trump the Mechanics of the Teleportaion power.

The risk of mis-teleportation is IMO the main reason why world-spanning Teleportation doesn't have to buy as much as world-spanning Running or Flight.

To each his own. For me, Teleport with the SFX "I run there" has often been used as the means of building a "I run there so fast they can't interfere with me along the way" power.

And I'm not suggesting the SFX provide a benefit alone, but that these SFX create a tradeoff - no "high/low" but no "teleport through the diameter rather than around the circumference" either.