A question that has GOT to be asked!

Shiva13

Wouldn't it be in the best interests of Hero Games to either dual stat or release M&M versions of the Champions setting and villains books? To my mind, it would serve to increase the audience significantly. And since Blackwyrm Games has already done such, the success of it is pretty easy for Hero to gain knowledge of.

There are a lot of M&M players who were old Champions players who still have a great love for the classic characters and organizations. This seems to me a market that it would be very much in the interest of hero Games to exploit.

Re: A question that has GOT to be asked!

I think it would be a great idea for Green Ronin to approach Hero Games about, but I think it would be better done out of house.

Cheers

QM

Honestly? Hero has the resources and capability to do it totally in house. Which would considerably cut down on the production time. Because people already working for Hero Games are already intimately familiar with M&M. Which makes that part of the production neat and tidy for Hero Games,

For the Superlink License, the only time Green Ronin needs to be involved is for the final approval stage. So that they make sure that the terms of the M&M Superlink license are complied with. Anything else is just unnecessarily adding complexity to the equasion.

The point would be to get it done and out the door as fast as humanly possible. So Hero could start raking in the green.

The license is free. All Hero would have to do is send a PDF of the finished book to Green Ronin for approval. Green Ronin sends them back an approval and a graphic of the superlink Logo to put on the cover. That's the sum total of the process. And they have a pretty fast turnaround for that.

Honestly? Hero has the resources and capability to do it totally in house. Which would considerably cut down on the production time. Because people already working for Hero Games are already intimately familiar with M&M.

I believe that the Atomic Think Tank Forums already has Threads dedicated to adapting/converting Champion to Mutants and Masterminds.

Which makes that part of the production neat and tidy for Hero Games' date='[/quote']

To whom they may end up having legal responsibilities to.

For the Superlink License' date=' the only time Green Ronin needs to be involved is for the final approval stage. So that they make sure that the terms of the M&M Superlink license are complied with. [/quote']

I will take your word for it.

Anything else is just unnecessarily adding complexity to the equation.

Ask Darren and Steve about that one.

The point would be to get it done and out the door as fast as humanly possible. So Hero could start raking in the green.

Easy to say, harder to do.

Good luck with this

QM

Honestly? Hero has the resources and capability to do it totally in house. Which would considerably cut down on the production time. Because people already working for Hero Games are already intimately familiar with M&M. Which makes that part of the production neat and tidy for Hero Games,

For the Superlink License, the only time Green Ronin needs to be involved is for the final approval stage. So that they make sure that the terms of the M&M Superlink license are complied with. Anything else is just unnecessarily adding complexity to the equasion.

Well, I think that may be an oversimplification. First, I'm not sure that "people already working for Hero Games are already intimately familiar with M&M," at least to the degree that they would be comfortable writing their original characters in that system. If they couldn't do it in house they'd have to hire someone to convert characters, which would be extra expense.

Even if Steve and Darren did feel up to it, they've both mentioned that Hero has a pretty tight production schedule. Their budget is predicated on X number of books coming out at regular intervals, so the income from those books can cover their expenses. Adding M&M stats will greatly slow down production. That would be worth it only if we can safely assume that large numbers of M&M fans, who have presumably already invested in Green Ronin's house setting, would also be interested in taking up the Champions Universe material. That's a rather risky assumption to make.

Dual-statting would also be a risky move, since the resulting books would be larger and pricier, which might put off potential buyers. OTOH a second M&M edition would mean paying for a second entire print run, and if it's a different design/length the printers charge as if it were an entirely new book, rather than a reprint of an existing book which is cheaper.

Comparing Hero Games to Black Wyrm Games may be misleading. All of the folks at Black Wyrm have other jobs, and don't have to rely on income from their games to keep solvent. So, they can afford to take their time and have their books done whenever they get done.

Please note that I'm not dismissing your suggestion as not worth considering. It's just that when you weigh all the factors, it's not an obvious thing that this tactic would be good for Hero Games.