I Want You to Die

As suggested above, it could be modled as an RKA vs ECV, Does Body. Easiest way to do it probably. Also, an Ego Attack Does Body Continuous or a high enough result with Mental Illusions could do it. The MI would be "You're having a heart attack," does stun and body, for a total of Ego + 30. If permitted by the GM and assuming 42 points of effect from the MI, it would inflict a 2d6 NND Does Body per phase until the victim made his break-out roll or died.

I used triggered Mental Illusion in one game.

Whenever an NPC believed that he/she had betrayed the master villian (the evil alternate dimensional twin of one of the heroes), the trigger would go off.

They suffered the Mental Illusion that the master villian "willed them to death", a power that he made sure that all his NPCs believed that he had. The visual effect was massive bleeding from the eyes, nose, and ears. Although 2D6NND, Does Body, makes for a better game effect.

The Ultimate Mentalist addresses this issue. There are two approaches. The first is to order the subject of Mind Control to hurt or kill himself, requiring at least an EGO +30 roll unless the subject is less opposed to this for some reason.

The other approach is to simply order someone to "Die!" With the GM's permission this command can affect the subject's autonomic functions (heart, breathing etc.), causing him to take 1D6 Normal damage for every 5 pts. of effect rolled for Mind Control, or every 5 AP in the Mind Control Power, whichever is less. For +10 pts. of effect this will do STUN damage, and STUN and BODY damage for +20 pts. of effect. The damage is reduced by Mental Defense. (This obviously follows the precedent of damage from Mental Illusions.)

Confessorism would have to be a very expensive Mind Control rather than a BOECVRKA. The RKA soln gives weird results like not working on big opponents or else only wounding the victim. Not to mention the fact that the RKA only kills rather than utterly enslaving the victim which is what Confessoritis is supposed to do.

Now that I think about it that would be a horrendously expensive ability. 15d6 Mind Control Constant Persistent Damage Shield No End Always On. Even with damage shield only costing +1/2 like it ought to that's still a lot of points. And you still have to buy that enraged-Confessor-in-despair power too.

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

The Ultimate Mentalist addresses this issue. There are two approaches. The first is to order the subject of Mind Control to hurt or kill himself, requiring at least an EGO +30 roll unless the subject is less opposed to this for some reason.

The other approach is to simply order someone to "Die!" With the GM's permission this command can affect the subject's autonomic functions (heart, breathing etc.), causing him to take 1D6 Normal damage for every 5 pts. of effect rolled for Mind Control, or every 5 AP in the Mind Control Power, whichever is less. For +10 pts. of effect this will do STUN damage, and STUN and BODY damage for +20 pts. of effect. The damage is reduced by Mental Defense. (This obviously follows the precedent of damage from Mental Illusions.)

Has the PDF version of Ultimate Mentalist been updated to 5th ed? If no, I think I'd up the requirement to Ego+30, and follow the rest of the MI damage rules as well (i.e. the attack must be built using the points you rolled, no more active points than your points in MC, etc.).

On the other hand, if UM has been updated to 5th, I have some downloading to do. :)

This happened to a character in a nasty Champions campaign -- the main bad guy had like 25d6 Mind Control. Amusingly, the person he gave the ordered to was unable to comply -- he was a super-tough martial artist/brick who couldn't do any BODY to himself. He was busy trying to swallow a shuriken when the bad guy came up with a better idea:

"Kill your friends..."

That one sucked.